Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Nekocon

Unread 09-05-2003, 11:40 PM   #1
Zephyr Rhapsody

Nekocon Game Shows! Weee!

Zephyr Game Shows is planning some game shows for Nekocon 2003 - and they will most assuredly be supreme. As planning has not yet been finalized, the following game show is subject to change - though I anticipate that it will be accurate come Nekocon.

"Zephyr's Maru/Batz" premiered at Otakon and made an instant impact with the audience - literally! Introducing such mini-games as "Lumball," "Dare desu ka," and "The Great Ohashi Challenge;" players will be selected for such random mini-games by first participating as a game piece where the event's room IS the game board. Confused yet? Well, every single audience member is invited to be a player in this great true/false game. When we have widdled the players down to a sizable group, mini-game madness shall ensue. After said mini-game has been completed, we starrrrrt it all over again with a brand new game, allowing for multiple, multiple chances for audience members to win prizes and have fun! Are you a wallflower or are you game? I certainly hope you're a playa, because I never cared for "One Headlight."

::enter vegetable tossing for bad pun::

We will also be bringing our classic, "Anime Name that Tune," to Nekocon to test eight otaku and their knowledge of the world of anime music. Also, as everyone that is familiar with our group's long-term objective can attest, we will be taking the victor from "Anime Name that Tune" and inviting them to Katsucon 2004 to participate in the "Best of 2003" tournament for music-naming supremacy.

::cues orchestra::

With such affairs as sorties, are you apt for Gravitation?
Does your MP3 collection have everything that's Asian?

Can your ears tell, by sound, a Hayashibara from a javelin?
Can you differentiate anything from the Violinist of Hamelin?

Do you know each Miyazaki from new Ghibli to old Horus?
Can you yodel out the ending to Spirited Away in full chorus?

Do you check out all that is Weiss Kruez though you know they're fruity?
And belch out Kenshin songs from TM R to Mary and Judy?

Ahem...

For your anime song knowledge, are you no easy pushover?
Do you dream about the casts of Wish, Angelic Layer, and Clover?

In short, in matters Fruits Basket, Chobits, and Princess Tutu
Are YOU the very model of the otaku song guru?

Think you might be? You know where to present yourself to win big prizes and prove it nationally. Have fun, minna-san.

- Corey Gough
Zephyr Game Shows

PS The aforementioned parody is the unoriginal, yet inventive, brain child of Zephyr Game Shows and shall not be reproduced, unless as a hard copy for a dartboard. Aim for the Ace... err... FACE!
Zephyr Rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-08-2003, 01:10 PM   #2
makonurikoryoko

XD yaaaaay ::claps:: I cant wait!!
makonurikoryoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2003, 04:32 PM   #3
Zephyr Rhapsody

Now there's enthusiasm! Are you new to our game shows, or a cult follower?

Also, are you really a kitty?

Anyone else out there with enthusiasm? Anyone with suggestions?

- Corey
Zephyr Game Shows
Unread 09-08-2003, 05:21 PM   #4
makonurikoryoko

I liked the Maru Batz game at Otakon XD It was awsome!! :3 and yes I am a kitty and will be a kitty at Nekocon >^^< hehe I also have always wanted to try my hand at the name that tune game weeeeee
makonurikoryoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2003, 08:08 PM   #5
Zephyr Rhapsody

"Maru/Batz" at Otakon was a bit of a trial. It seemed to have worked out pretty good, and a few of the minor 'awkwardnesses' have been addressed and the game will even be introducing some new surprises and mini-games. Nekocon is the only other convention of the year that will host "Zephyr Maru/Batz."

There is also no better time to try your hand at "Anime Name that Tune," because we are winding down the convention 'season' for winners. Seven victors have been gathered. Only three unknown candidates remain - and Nekocon will be represented by one of them.

Going into our autumn convention schedule, there will be some bigger surprises, challenges, and the fun will even be exponential. How can I be so confident? Easy - our ideas are gathered over hours of nonstop coffee at Denny's. The best ideas come from coffee sessions. Now if only they'd make those seasoned fried crispy like I enjoy them...

- Corey
Zephyr Game Shows
Unread 10-04-2003, 10:52 PM   #6
laamberry

wwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! i must play the games! i'm only 12 but i still know more and i'm better then all of you! *puts on her digiko outfit from Di Gi Charat (hint: i'm a cat) and takes out a flamethrower* wahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! *uses flamethrower to burn the hair off all the random people that are around her* ..whats that smell? *turns around and relises that her cat tail is on fire* my tail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *runs around in circles* .....*stops* ..ok..i'm done..this is my first con and i thank you for bring this news of the games *bows politly* domo arighto....saiyinara! *leaves*

(did i spell that stuff right?)

(ha! i'm 12 and i already know basic japanese!...so..so..ha!)
laamberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2003, 07:45 AM   #7
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

> i must play the games! i'm only 12 but i still know more and i'm better then all of you!

Please do not make such statements, they are untrue, rude, and not the way to make friends on a board.

> (ha! i'm 12 and i already know basic japanese!...so..so..ha!)

No you don't. I can /imagine/ what you were trying to say, but you spelt it horribly wrong, the sounds aren't even the same.

> domo arighto....saiyinara!

Would be, "doumo arigatou" and "sayounara".
Unread 10-05-2003, 12:36 PM   #8
laamberry

you don't have to be rude!-nyo Geese..i'm a kid...who can't spell.-nyo Thats not my fault-nyo......i can say it but not spell it T_T....
Unread 10-05-2003, 12:38 PM   #9
laamberry

and by the way i was exstreamly hyper last night so..yeah..i go crazy when i'm hyper...
Unread 10-11-2003, 01:35 AM   #10
Zephyr Rhapsody

Okay... we have a very interesting spat on the game show listing. Apparently we recognize the existence of our young antagonist, as I wish this page to continue being used for its original intended purpose: information and inquiries concerning game shows.

I have an update, however, to relate to everyone that is interested: "Zephyr's Maru/Batz" may be postponed until another convention due to scheduling limitations at Nekocon. It may be replaced by another coordinator's "Anime Price is Right," who vouched for a time slot before Zephyr Game Shows. I'd like to hear a consensus of all interested in still having it run at Nekocon. Any lingering fans from our show of it at Otakon?

At any rate, let's hear some critiques, acclaims, and inquiries concerning game shows on this posting from now on. Thank you.

- Corey
Zephyr Game Show
Unread 10-13-2003, 12:13 PM   #11
Hiroe
Convention Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr Rhapsody
"Zephyr's Maru/Batz" may be postponed until another convention due to scheduling limitations at Nekocon. It may be replaced by another coordinator's "Anime Price is Right," who vouched for a time slot before Zephyr Game Shows.
Corey: I tried finding your email / AIM contact info, to no avail. So if you could email me sometime, i'd appreciate it. ^_^

--Drew
Anime Price is Right
Overheard: --So I went to a funeral a few weeks back for a friend... he was an unusual person, and when he thought he was dying, he planned out his own funeral... what songs he wanted played, who he wanted to officiate, special things, you know, stuff like that.

So at the funeral, we were treated to a yo-yo-tricks performance, set to music: Yello's "Oh, Yeah... Ohhh, Yeaaahhhhh......." Well, remember Ferris Bueller's Day Off? Yeah, *THAT* song.
Hiroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2003, 01:51 PM   #12
Zephyr Rhapsody

Here's the news, guys:

"Zephyr Maru/Batz" will not have its own time slot. However, I am actually excited to introduce this news break:

"Zephyr Maru/Batz" will be the COSPLAY MASQUERADE HALFTIME SHOW - and EVERYONE in the audience will be a contestant!

Sounds like fun. You're all part of the show now! Prizes and Super Cool will be our friends!

How about that for a change in plans?

- Corey
Zephyr Game Shows
Unread 10-08-2004, 03:00 PM   #13
seira-chan
I'm not QUITE dead...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE the idea of the maru/badtz (?) game - we all get to participate!! Yay! I do have a question though. If you're performing in the cosplay, do you get to play the game? Or will you sit behind the curtain?? TT That would be very sad... I want to know!

Costumes made: Madison/Tomoyo AMA4, Kamiya Kaoru AMA5, Poe Merchant AMA6, Alucard (Girlycard) AMA 8

Currently: Tweaking Girlycard for Nekocon - the wig, darts in the jacket, pants... and I need red eyes. And a Tommy gun.
seira-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2004, 12:44 PM   #14
Zephyr Rhapsody

Maru/Batz

Wow... first off... this post is a year old and it pertained to last year's event. However, luckily it's still a valid post because we are returning with it again for the cosplay intermission.

Regarding eligibility, it depends on how the cosplay is set up. If the cosplayers, after their turns on stage, are seated amongst the audience, then I say all the more power to you. After all, you're still paying attendees and deserve every luxury as such. If, however, you're seated in another room or behind stage, that could prove hindering. usually it's possible, though.

- Corey
Zephyr Game Shows
Unread 10-15-2004, 10:21 PM   #15
seira-chan
I'm not QUITE dead...

Oh.......

OH MY GOD... (smacks forhead for not reading when stuff was posted) I don't even remember how I found this thread... hmmmmm... Anyways, I'm really sorry I was stupid, yet I'm also glad, because now we get THIS YEAR'S update... I was rushing. So sorry. Still in a state of emotional overload... I think I'll have that avatar up for forever! I'm not sure if I'll do the cosplay myself, but now the info's out there for all to see! And if I do end up cosplaying, I will get to play too! NEKO!

Costumes made: Madison/Tomoyo AMA4, Kamiya Kaoru AMA5, Poe Merchant AMA6, Alucard (Girlycard) AMA 8

Currently: Tweaking Girlycard for Nekocon - the wig, darts in the jacket, pants... and I need red eyes. And a Tommy gun.

Last edited by seira-chan : 10-15-2004 at 10:25 PM. Reason: adding more stuff, of course!!
seira-chan is offline   Reply With Quote