Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Unread 03-23-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
Awnry

Making Knee-High Boots

I'm just curious to see if anyone's got some good tips for making your own knee-high boots. I'm planning on making some for my next costume, Fang from FFXIII and I'm not sure where to start. I figure trying to make my own would probably be easier than trying to alter a pair of boots to look like this. Any help is appreciated!

Here's a link to a picture of her:
http://ffnext.com/images/game/ffxiii...-2009/fang.png
Awnry is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-25-2010, 12:54 AM   #2
sephygoth
Hater lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awnry View Post
I'm just curious to see if anyone's got some good tips for making your own knee-high boots. I'm planning on making some for my next costume, Fang from FFXIII and I'm not sure where to start. I figure trying to make my own would probably be easier than trying to alter a pair of boots to look like this. Any help is appreciated!

Here's a link to a picture of her:
http://ffnext.com/images/game/ffxiii...-2009/fang.png
old practice:
1 take some fake leather/vinyl/whatever make sure it stretches a LITTLE
2 get a pair of boots similar to Fang's from a thrift/walmart/hand-me-down/whatever.
3 take fabric and wrap it tight around the boot(with the inside out...or wroongside out however you tend to say it) as you wear it.
3.1 pin it tight, pin it down the leg around the shoe and back up behind heel....all over
3.2 cut extra slack off
4 take covered boot off, take the fabric off the boot
5 sew the pinned fabric, flip rightside out, wrongside-in (again, however you say) and slip it back on teh boot
6 guess what? repeat for other boot.
Personally, I love doing boots, recently lots of spandex over knee stuff, but those are easy. Sephiroth boots atm(right now actually) and its a little pain to shoe glue on fake leather up to the sole of the boot and cover only a certain part. So thats an extra bit, remember " shoe goo " for sealing up any issues.
There's other tutorials out there, I make my own patterns, and this is an old method, but it works pretty well. Hope this helps kick it off?
sephygoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 03:41 PM   #3
KatTrinity25

Hi! I've had a lot of difficulty trying to find white knee high boots with a small heel (2 inches) I really didn't want them with the shiny material, i'm guessing its latex? I wanted more of a matte look. Anyone know where I can buy plain white boots like that(online)? Separately I was wondering how difficult it might be to cut the front of the boot and put a zipper in?
KatTrinity25 is offline   Reply With Quote