Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-24-2010, 05:22 PM   #1
KawaiiKitt

Best Long Lasting Body Paint

I'm planning on doing a cosplay that requires a lot of body paint... That would pretty much cover my whole entire body and last throughout the whole day of the convention.
I'm looking specifically for the color green and different shades of it as well...
I'm not too worried about price at the moment, the main thing that I'm worried about is quality and how long it will last and the color, and trifle things of that nature =]
If anyone has any advice or something they've previously used, I would be sooo grateful! =]
Thankies ^^
KawaiiKitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-24-2010, 05:31 PM   #2
tereshkova2001

I highly recommend Ben Nye Magicolor or Magicake.
I've used their white body paint all day with very little smearing (although my clothes did end up with white dust on them). I did a test run with blue makeup and it did not run or smear while standing directly in the shower. Only after I wiped my arm did the color start to run, and it didn't come off completely until I used soap.
You can use an alcohol-based fixative spray to make it last even longer; I haven't tested mine yet but I will this summer.

As for color, Ben Nye has lots of options, and you can always mix them together. Just do a test run, so you know how thickly to apply the makeup for your desired shade.
tereshkova2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 06:37 PM   #3
KawaiiKitt

Oh thank you! ^^
Also how much is that?
I just would like to know the price range... =]
KawaiiKitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 10:03 PM   #4
tereshkova2001

I got 4 oz bottles of Magicolor for $12 at fxsupply.com. You can probably find the smaller 1 ounce bottles at a theatrical or party/costume shop in your city, if there is one.

http://www.fxsupply.com/bn_catalog/bn_magicolor.html
tereshkova2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2010, 10:37 AM   #5
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

I prefer Kryolan Aquacolor to Ben Nye, personally, but it's a similar product. Wherever fabric rubs against the paint it will rub off a little, so keep that in mind. Fixative will help reduce rub-off.

Just FYI painting your entire body will take several hours, so you may want to consider using a bodysuit instead so you don't have to deal with the hassle every time you want to cosplay that character.

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2010, 02:59 AM   #6
dougfx

PAX paint

For something that will last all day and not come off period without a special remover. Use PAX paint. You can research it online how to make. It is not something that is available to the general public. It is for professional makeup artist use. It is basically a medical grade adhesive that is mixed with acrylic paint. Giving the paint rubber like flexability and super grip to your skin. I prefer to use the ProsAide no tack for the base. Do not use it around your eyes! blend around the eyes with normal makeup.
dougfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 02:29 AM   #7
SwordChick
The boring kind of undead

Liquid latex body paint from fetish stores. Seriously. I'll never go back to the other stuff if I can possible help it. It doesn't flake off, smear, or run. It takes a while to put on but once it is, it's not going anywhere. I could have slept in it that last time I used it. You just peel it off when you're done. A bottle is about 15 bucks for enough for half a body.
Aurra Sing, Battle Angel Alita TUNED, Seras Victoria (blue), Tomb Raider classic (good version and fight show version), Tomb Raider skyscraper, Trinity, Saya (crazy Vietnam version), Shenhua, Arden Lynn (black alternate), MvC3 X-23, Chick Soma Cruz
SwordChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #8
rissiegrace14

How many bottles did you need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tereshkova2001 View Post
I got 4 oz bottles of Magicolor for $12 at fxsupply.com. You can probably find the smaller 1 ounce bottles at a theatrical or party/costume shop in your city, if there is one.

http://www.fxsupply.com/bn_catalog/bn_magicolor.html
I'm cosplaying as well with full body paint. How many 4 oz bottles did you buy?>

Allons-Y!
rissiegrace14 is offline   Reply With Quote