Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 03-28-2010, 07:54 PM   #1
NervesLikeSteel

Cosplay Fail

I have two weeks until Supanova begins in my state and the boots that I bought (very expensive) to compliment my outfit best will arrive a week after the convention I also bought some gloves (cheaper) which I believe will also take that long to arrive. My costume is not complete without these pieces.

Should I just give up on the costume (and tell my group not to make theirs just yet) or have hope and make a version that looks cheapened and not so nice as the version I am waiting to arrive in the mail?

We only have two conventions in Australia a year that I could attend and this one was the big costume. I feel like such a failure for not having the money earlier to get these boots. I am saddened by this news and I was really keen to go to Supanova (the big cosplay events) with my group as I am going to the gaming convention in an entirely different costume.

NervesLikeSteel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-29-2010, 01:32 AM   #2
Satori Veda

That's why planning ahead is so important. Should have started saving sooner.
But, if you really want to be the character, just try to make due by whatever means possible with what's available. and just maybe your stuff could come in early !
If you will hate any "cheapening" though, then I agree that you should do something you will be proud of and have no regrets over. All that matters is that you are happy with the end product and have a good time.
NYCC '14

Future Cosplays
Hera (Star Wars Rebels)- Working On
Steampunk Sailor Moon- Maybe, I'll see
Lumpy Space Princess- Working On
Satori Veda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 11:24 PM   #3
Aricil
Weeeeeee. (:

I'd be crushed if I had to give up on a costume just because some parts will not arrive on time... Honestly, for me, I would definitely prepare another version even if it won't be as good. Who knows, you might be pleased. c: You sound like you were really looking forward to it though... >_< If it weren't a big deal, I'd just throw it in my closet for next year. It really depends on what you want, if you're gonna feel all sad and depressed throughout the con because you didn't wear it or your gloves or boots turned out horrible... That would be a no-no. D:
Aricil is offline   Reply With Quote