Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-05-2010, 10:00 AM   #1
~Lightning~

Shop cosplay / cosplay accessories at Tokyo Japan

Hello every japanese! I am frensh, I will soon come to your country, particularly in Tokyo, and I want to know where I can find stores cosplay / cosplay accessories. We have tell me I can found particulary at Akihabara, but I wanted to know how is the names of the stores.
Thank you so much! ♥
~Lightning~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-05-2010, 07:09 PM   #2
kiratsukai
culture shocked

http://www.otamap.com/map/otamap_akiba.html

Mandarake, KBOOKS, etc. have reasonable used costumes. There is an ACOS in the basement of the animate with new low-end liscened costumes and prichara wigs. Zephyr, MAPLE and Assist Wig all have shops in the area (wigs). There are also some 2nd floor/back street used cosplay shops. There's a COSPA/Cospatio... but you probably will want to save yourself the hole that shoots through your soul when you look at any of the pricetags ($200 for a petticoat, $50 for a pair of socks).

You might find the price of Japanese cosplay goods a bit shocking though ^^;;; Even used...

Ikebukuro's KBOOKS has a larger selection of cosplay costumes than most of the shops in Akiba. Nakano also has several new and used costume/wig shops in their "Hollywood" shopping arcade (near the main Mandarake).

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~

Last edited by kiratsukai : 04-05-2010 at 07:15 PM.
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 12:37 PM   #3
~Lightning~

Thank you for informations! damage the card is in Japanese, I do not quite understand >o<
~Lightning~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 06:01 PM   #4
kiratsukai
culture shocked

It's a map of Akihabara. The big plus-sign-ish shape is JR Akihabara Station and every dot is an anime/manga/comics/game/cosplay shop of some sort or a maid cafe. If you explore the areas with quite a few dots ~ you should be alright.

Unread 04-12-2010, 09:15 AM   #5
Jaseroque

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Lightning~ View Post
Hello every japanese! I am frensh, I will soon come to your country, particularly in Tokyo, and I want to know where I can find stores cosplay / cosplay accessories. We have tell me I can found particulary at Akihabara, but I wanted to know how is the names of the stores.
Thank you so much! ♥
Actually my favourites so far are as follows:

Cospatio: There's one in Shibuya. I don't know if it's a big one or a small one, but it has lots of useful things in it, as well as fully finished costumes (but they are WOAH way expensive). There's also a Cospa in Shibuya.

Cyperous wigs: I just found out there's one in Tokyo, in.. Kanda, if I recall correctly? Cyperous wigs are expensive for cosplay wigs, but they are hands-down the best wigs you will ever work with for costumes. They can also be styled using straighteners and curlers.

Maple wigs: In Nippori (see notes about Nippori below). Not as expensive as Cyperous, but another range of wigs made with cosplay in mind. They come in heaps of colours and styles, and the salespeople are really friendly.

Nippori: It's a district, not a store, but it's Tokyo's fabric district, and I spent a lot of time doing the happy boogy dance when I found it. Lots of fabric! Lots of buttons! Maybe not so exciting for someone from a country with more fabric selection than mine (Australia), but well, it made me happy.

I know there's a lot more than I'm aware of, but those are the places I know, and I can vouch for them all as being quality places with good stuff in them. I don't like Akihabara (at ALL), so I don't go there for my cosplay stuff if I can help it, though...
Jaseroque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 09:22 PM   #6
Tenshi0080
SuperSentaiHero

hey can anyone tell me what is in yokosuka?
Hyakkiyakou wo buttagiru!! Slash the crime wave!" Hitotsu! Hidou na Akuji o Nikumi! One! Hating the Inhuman Evil! Seigi wa Katsu! Justice Will Win! Hyakkiyakou wa Buttagiru! Jigoku no Banken! Deka Masutā! Cutting down hundreds of evil doers! Hell's Guard Dog! Deka Master!"
Tenshi0080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 03:35 AM   #7
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi0080 View Post
hey can anyone tell me what is in yokosuka?
Cosplay is very much a fringe hobby. You aren't going to find support stores for it without travelling to major city centers.

You will need to make a day trip to Saitama or Tokyo if you want to shop in person.

Or you can always make use of the network of shops online.

Unread 01-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #8
Tenshi0080
SuperSentaiHero

hmm, considering that i am in the military and unless i get days off i would have to wait until the weekend, but i love to cosplay so it would be well worth the wait.....
Hyakkiyakou wo buttagiru!! Slash the crime wave!" Hitotsu! Hidou na Akuji o Nikumi! One! Hating the Inhuman Evil! Seigi wa Katsu! Justice Will Win! Hyakkiyakou wa Buttagiru! Jigoku no Banken! Deka Masutā! Cutting down hundreds of evil doers! Hell's Guard Dog! Deka Master!"
Tenshi0080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2011, 04:20 PM   #9
Password92
Popper

Cosplay is a fringe thing in the same way Comic Books are. There won't be huge stores in the smaller cities. But there might be wig stores and that sort of thing. They'll have at least some other cosplay items. Worth looking into.
Unread 03-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #10
tenryutsukai
Ryutsuk@i

There's a Maple in Yokohama, and my friends and I go to Zephyr sometimes, but the cost of getting there and buying the wig is too much. Yokohama also has other cosplay shops and I know some in Akihabara and Ikebukuro also. I can speak Japanese fluently, so if you need any help you can ask. ^.^b
tenryutsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 01:50 AM   #11
KimDao

If you walk around Akihabara, you find A LOT of shops that sell small anime trinkets downstairs, but if you go upstairs they also sell cosplay costumes.

Also I know that the shop "Body Line" has cosplay costumes, I went inside and saw some when I was there. There is a Body Line in Harajuku on Takeshita street