Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Anime Chat

Unread 05-08-2002, 02:32 AM   #1
Kuja
Evil and Kawaii

Here's a really original topic What's your favorite Anime and Manga Series

Oh ya really original aint it. But I am curious what is everyone favorite series. For me right now it's Angel Sanctuary. *runs around the board with a big Tenshi Kinryouku sign* But anywho I fell in love with the dark gothic art work. And Rosiel was the first character that caught my eye. I'm also looking into a series called Trinity Blood. I've only seen pics of it but it looks like a cool series.
http://thedesertpalace.tenkoku.com/DPCosplayBanner.JPG The Desert Palace "It's so rude for guest to come at this hour. However it's a good thing to want to feed but Katan don't you think it's a little messy to eat like that." Rosiel
Kuja is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-08-2002, 04:46 AM   #2
Nietsche
Have a SUPER good time!

Chitchana Yukitsukai SUGAR!!
so cutesy and fluffy and tooth spoilingly sweet!

And Houshin Engi, I like Ryuu Fujisaki's designs!!!

Some small info on pandas- Eats, shoots and leaves!
(this is an excellent book btw)
The difference a little punctuation makes!
Nietsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2002, 08:14 AM   #3
Celine
Remember me?

Hm, anime-wise, I really like Pokemon and Digimon 02. Pokemon has some sort of strange appeal that I cannot explain.

As far as manga, I still remain faithful to my first love- Caravan Kidd. Yeah, maybe it's old, but it was AWESOME. I want to do a Mian Toris cosplay some day...
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2002, 12:14 PM   #4
Philia Philis
I <3 Peppermint Patties!

My favorite manga is Orfina because it is neato and random and no one knows what it is! XD Kitsune Tennouji does cool-looking costumes. Too bad he's a bit of a pervert. x_X;;;
Oh! And the Tales of Destiny manga because it is Tales of Destiny in manga form.

As for anime, hmm....
Definitely definitely definitely Arslan. Even though it isn't really a series, I suppose. But that show is just awesome! Wai! I wanna cosplay Arslan and Narsus someday!
Wahaha! Rosiel, you are so cool! You like Arslan tooo! Yaaaaaay!

Oh, yeah! Tama and Friends is also cool just 'cause it fun and cute and amusing and on at 6:30AM on Saturday mornings! XD And Samurai Troopers because it was the first anime I ever saw, so I get all nostalgic when I watch it. ^^
Philia Philis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2002, 03:08 PM   #5
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! *______*

> Even though it isn't really a series, I suppose. But that show is just awesome! Wai!

Have you read the manga?

> I wanna cosplay Arslan and Narsus someday!

I wanted to do that too! I even have a friend who agreed to be Farangis! We should do it! No one cosplays Arslan! Look how many exclamation points you made me use!

> Wahaha! Rosiel, you are so cool! You like Arslan tooo!

I think I brought the word "like" to a new level.
My baby: ArslanSenki.net
Unread 05-08-2002, 04:02 PM   #6
Philia Philis
I <3 Peppermint Patties!

Unfortunately, I have not gotten to read the manga. ;_; I can't even FIND them. I saw them once on eBay, and they got soooo high, I was all like x_X;;;; and didn't bid. It's funny- For all the lack of Arslan fans there seem to be, that stuff gets HIIIGH in auctions. *dies*

YES, I think we should definitely cosplay them, too! That would be very exciting and awesome! ^^ Which con do you think we could do them at? I don't think I'll have any more conventions this year after AX. ;_; (Except for maybe like, AnimeFEST or something if I decide to go. XD) I hope to go to more cons next year. ^^ But yes, that would be FUUUUN. And maybe we can convince Tania to be the ever-pesky Alfreed? XD (I still think your roommate should be Jaswant, Tania!)
Oh, that reminds me- I wouldn't mind cosplaying Merlein either. Long-haired earring-wearing archer guys are so cool!

OH MY GOODNESS! ArslanSenki.net is your website?! Oh wow! I LOVE that website! *excited* That is by far the most fantabulously fantastimoneous Arslan website ever! *cheers*

And finally, it's..... http://www.worldofmagic.net/cartsnap....txt+37+Clowns
....The Arslan wig! *fanfare* 'Twould need a little bit of trimming to get it perfect, but look how close it is already!
Unread 05-08-2002, 05:37 PM   #7
Kuja
Evil and Kawaii

ahh good ol witchwigs.com. That is like the best place to buy wigs. As for Anime I'm also really in excel saga and FLCL. Really crazy animes
http://thedesertpalace.tenkoku.com/DPCosplayBanner.JPG The Desert Palace "It's so rude for guest to come at this hour. However it's a good thing to want to feed but Katan don't you think it's a little messy to eat like that." Rosiel
Unread 05-08-2002, 05:49 PM   #8
Philia Philis
I <3 Peppermint Patties!

Ooh, I would totally love to find the manga, even if it's not so great. XD Must find must find must find...

I'm glad to hear that you go to so many cons! I'm sure we'll be able to arrange something, then!
Ahh, yes. Lovely, detailed jewelry and other such wonderfulness! Ooh, I hope I've gotten to learn metalworking by then so I can don't have to use clay. *_*

Wahaha! Yes! More crossplay for Tania! *dances*

Ehehehe... I'm, uh.... 5'2". ^^; I'm guessing that I'm probably shorter than you, huh? XD
Who would you rather be? I'm fine either way since I want to do them both anyway. ^^

*giggles at how the "What's your favorite anime and manga series" topic has suddenly turned into "Rosiel and Philia ramble about Arslan cosplay"*

Yay for Witch Wigs! OH! Speaking of which- Tania, you forgot to tell me which other one it was you wanted! Lemme know, okay? ^^
Unread 05-08-2002, 05:54 PM   #9
Kuja
Evil and Kawaii

How dare do that to my topic. jk 5'2 I'm only 5'3 -_- with my boots for Rosiel that make me at least 5'5 maybe 5'6 at the most.
Unread 05-08-2002, 10:50 PM   #10
Philia Philis
I <3 Peppermint Patties!

Kuja:
Eek! Sowwy! *bows*
Yay for us short cosplayers! Wahaha! I need to get some boots to make me higher, too. *nodnod* Almost all of mine have flat heels. ^^;

Rosiel:
Oooooh, could ya bring some so I can see? That would be wonderful! ^^ I would love to see some scans too, as long as it doesn't mess up their binding. *looks at the RPG books she's scanned just a bit too much*

I'm sooo looking forward to finally cosplaying a guy! I tried binding my chest for the first time the other day, and I was greatly amused. I ran around going "Erin's a guy! Erin's a guy!" XD

Oooh, you're a good height! *cries at being too short to cosplay any bishounen except 14-year-old boys* XD

Hmm.... as for which outfit... er, I dunno yet. I lack an artbook. ^^;; Yes, I am sad. I would want to do one that is all fancy and detailed so that we match in the complexity. (And so that it is interesting and fun to make.) ^^ Are there any fancied-up versions of Arslan that still have him wearing the flower? I love the flower. ^^
My hair color would work for Narcasse, but my hair is too long! ;_; And I am unwilling to cut it. But if your style is right, you could always dye it. ^_~
Unread 05-09-2002, 12:31 AM   #11
Celine
Remember me?

Hey now, you two! No deciding costumes for me without my permission. I'm actually trying to go easy on the crossplay after Akon (where at least, and probably more, than half my costumes are boys)!! At least tell me if I'd have to wear a wig for that character.

*gripes* And, according to everyone but Chris, I'm so terribly unconvincing at crossplay anyway. :P

Erin, do you need any tips about binding? I have a good resource if you are interested (i.e. someone who has much experience).

witchwigs.com is super, I agree, but so is wowwigs.com ...

To "short" people: It is all relative. Chris thinks that I am short. I think that I am too short, but that's probably because all my good friends are guys! Hence, I wear 5" heels every day so I can pretend to be 5'10". I'm going to totally tower over my Rhapsody group as Marjoly! MWAHAHA! I LOVE MY BOOTS!!!!!
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2002, 01:40 AM   #12
Philia Philis
I <3 Peppermint Patties!

Rosiel:
Ooh, yes, please! Endings are good! *nodnod*

Oh yes, it would be a bit hard to make it blonde again, I guess. Ehehe. ^^;;; You could get like, one of those really temporary dyes or something, right? Eep, I don't know. I am so clueless about hair-dyeing things. *hides face in shame*

Tania:
Deciding on costumes for you? Us? Naaawwww... *attempts hypnotism* XD
As for if you'd need a wig, I guess it would depend on what your hair color and the length are at the time. XD I'm thinking you'll probably need a wig for 'im though. http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Light...gieve_V_01.jpg
(Not the best pic in the world, but at least you can see his outfit.) But yeah! That would be sooo cool! Especially if you got your roommate to be Jaswant! *will not give up on that* XD
And this will be a good while after A-kon, so you'll have plenty of time to recover from crossplaying so much. ^^
And I think you make a cute boy! *points at Connell* Cuuute!

Ooh, binding tips would be great! ^^ I'm quite new at this.

Wah! Poor pitiful Erin is gonna be little shorty Crowdia. BUT my shoes will have 2½" heels, making me 5'4½"! Whoo! I feel so tall. XD
Unread 05-09-2002, 03:57 PM   #13
Adella
MalonxLink 4 EVAR11

favorite manga would be.. Star Ocean 2...or Kenshin. Favorite anime would be Star Ocean EX.. or Kenshin!!!!
Unread 05-09-2002, 09:01 PM   #14
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Favorite manga... Super Doll Licca-chan. 39857298342 times better than the anime shoujo romance fluff. XD Closely followed by X.

Favorite anime... Master of Mosquiton. =D Followed by Utena.

w00t.

--> Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / ACParadise / Cospix / Tumblr <--

Next Event: FanimeCon in San Jose, California (May 27-30)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2002, 09:30 PM   #15
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

Philia:

(continuing to highjack this thread)

I just talked someone into being Alfreed! ^____^ I think she decided to do it for the sheer fun of having a license to drive me (as Narcasse) insane.

She thought about Eram too, but I have a feeling she will end up going with Alfreed.