Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-10-2010, 10:28 PM   #31
StrawberryNinja
Happy Sunshine Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuyasha_Kun View Post
I will be at Acen this year and I will be doing a plus sized Cosplay panel to get people motivated on cosplaying.
If you're the person I'm thinkin of, congrats on the panel being accepted~! I def plan on attending. :3

My main problem with being a plus-sized cosplayer is patterns. I'm just getting into wardrobe making (plushie work=/=a complete outfit ._.) so I have to purchase patterns. I got a pattern last year for a size 18 dress. My grandmother and I spent a hot minute on it, but because I live in the city and she doesn't, we couldn't do constant fittings. Anyways, the day I needed the dress, I tried it on and instead of an 18, it was more like an 8. To this day, I have no idea why a pattern so small was labeled as plus size. ><

Cosplays I'm Working On:
Bianchi - Katekyo Hitman Reborn (Naka-kon 2014 and ACen 2014)
Halloween 2011 Turkey - Hetalia (Naka-kon 2014)
Wooper gijinka and/or kigurumi- Pokemon (ACen 2014 maybe)
Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (ACen 2014 maybe)
Chocolove - Shaman King (ACen 2014 or Anime Midwest 2014 maybe)
StrawberryNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-10-2010, 10:29 PM   #32
Inuyasha_Kun
The Hanyou

Blackusagi: Thank you so much! ^.^ my favorite one is Rini though I think.. or Inuyasha.. Inuyasha is a lot of fun to cosplay especially when I get his pose down.

Oh! you guys have any suggestions about what I should go over in the plus sized cosplay panel? My friend is doing the costume wise, and I am doing the emotional/what to help hide things..

StrawberryNinja: Yes I am on the Acen forums as Inuyasha_kun as well! and so yes that is me! I am doing the plus sized cosplay panel! And thanks! it was a long ride to get approved!

Conventions 2013:
A-kon-Catzi, Botan (dark tournament), Akane Tendou. (maybe Inuyasha)
Tokyo In Tulsa,
Izumi-con

Last edited by Inuyasha_Kun : 04-10-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Inuyasha_Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 10:34 PM   #33
jjcpammc09

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryNinja View Post
If you're the person I'm thinkin of, congrats on the panel being accepted~! I def plan on attending. :3

My main problem with being a plus-sized cosplayer is patterns. I'm just getting into wardrobe making (plushie work=/=a complete outfit ._.) so I have to purchase patterns. I got a pattern last year for a size 18 dress. My grandmother and I spent a hot minute on it, but because I live in the city and she doesn't, we couldn't do constant fittings. Anyways, the day I needed the dress, I tried it on and instead of an 18, it was more like an 8. To this day, I have no idea why a pattern so small was labeled as plus size. ><
I know what you mean about the patterns. It was hard for me to from patterens even in my size and I'm a big womam.
jjcpammc09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 10:36 PM   #34
Inuyasha_Kun
The Hanyou

I do know that they have plus sized dress forms out there now... I want one! x.x

Oh! I know this great site for plus sized clothes! Its called Romans.com Lots of cute clothes for us plus sized people!

Conventions 2013:
Tokyo In Tulsa,
Izumi-con
Unread 04-10-2010, 10:39 PM   #35
Sakurairis
Manic Maid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackusagi View Post
lol sakura i'm a hikari fan girl and i love nao-sama as well my fav guy on thier was shirota and the ruuyji.
@ sukishoislove thats great to hear I'm doing a tsubasa version of sakura ^.^ I need a wig but i havent found the right one yet.
Hahaha I fell in love with Hikari's Starlight trio...in fact I thought all of them were hot (I have a thing for girls dressing like guys and guys who look feminine it's wierd) and most of all Kasahara's TigersEye and Chaos. I love watching the "senshuuraku" they are hilarious.
Sakurairis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 10:40 PM   #36
jjcpammc09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuyasha_Kun View Post
I do know that they have plus sized dress forms out there now... I want one! x.x

Oh! I know this great site for plus sized clothes! Its called Romans.com Lots of cute clothes for us plus sized people!
When I start on my dress I will probaby to a tutorial on Princess Serenity's dress.
Unread 04-10-2010, 10:50 PM   #37
Blackusagi
Too much fabric? NEVER!!!

hahah omg i so fell in love with saiyuri as seiya i have "i miss you" on my mp3 player and if i still had a cd player i think the cd would be scratched so badly by now cause of how much i listen to it. i love ruuyji when he does mc fly in eien "Mister I am a pear" >.< can u tell i watch them too much. I have aluminuim siren from the musicals and i want to do the female pirate in the fourth stage as well as sailor astarte and then astarte in her western wear
Juuban High School Uniform(Manga)
Princess Serenity(Anime version)
White dress Artbook Michiru
Manga Sailormoon
OC Sailormoon Character
Blackusagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 10:50 PM   #38
hedgehog92
Is Trouble With Tribbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackusagi View Post
of course sovereign.
@ inuyasha-kun welcome and i've seen some of ur costumes and i love them.
@ hedgehog dont be shy and show some skin be a scout/senshi like some of us take the dare ^.^
LOL I'll pass. I'm too pasty white to be showing any skin anyway. XP Plus I'm mostly a crossplayer and like it that way... But I'll keep it mind one day I promise...

Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say 'Om Nom Nom' at will to old ladies.

Momocon 2014 Plans:
unknown
unknown

Unknown

AWA 2013 plans:
Female Hannibal Chau-Pacific Rim
Lexaeus- Kingdom Hearts
Susan Strong-Adventure Time
hedgehog92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 10:53 PM   #39
Blackusagi
Too much fabric? NEVER!!!

mm then if ur a crossplayer u could do one of the three lights in thier male forms! So BOOYAH ^.^ sorry I've had too many sugar cookies tonight so im a bit bouncy >.<
Juuban High School Uniform(Manga)
Princess Serenity(Anime version)
White dress Artbook Michiru
Manga Sailormoon
OC Sailormoon Character
Blackusagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 10:56 PM   #40
jjcpammc09

Bouncy like Tigger...The wonderful thing about Tiggers is that I'm the only one...
Unread 04-10-2010, 10:58 PM   #41
Inuyasha_Kun
The Hanyou

I tend to cross play as well.. hehe but its so hard though to get those boobies down.. lol so I just tend to wear tighter bras/undershirts

Conventions 2013:
Tokyo In Tulsa,
Izumi-con
Unread 04-10-2010, 10:58 PM   #42
HMTQ - Madge

I'm plus sized too. I'm glad to have this thread. ^_^ Currently I'm cosplaying/working on these characters:
Kotone/Lyra from Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
Dead Master from Black Rock Shooter
and Female!Mario.

It's good to see other plus sized cosplayers. ^_^
HMTQ - Madge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 11:01 PM   #43
jjcpammc09

I know right, we needed a thread like this.
Unread 04-10-2010, 11:01 PM   #44
jjcpammc09

If your on Facebook come and look us up...
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...13823435310826
Unread 04-10-2010, 11:03 PM   #45
*GijinkaLugia*
Shiny Lugia Gijinka

Hallehujah

Yay something 4 us plus size men/women. im 16 thats mai size.
*GijinkaLugia* is offline   Reply With Quote