Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #436
ChibiNeriBuni
Baby Cosplayer

>.< I am starting to have second thoughts about cosplaying female Jack Frost even though I have completed my entire cosplay....I dunno I think I just need to get it out of my mind that I look bad in cosplay,.

Cosplays:
Amethyst (Steven Universe) 100%,Harley Quinn [O.L] (Batman),Aoba Serageki (Dramatical Murder) 80%, Clear (Dramatical Murder) ,Shion No.6 100%,Hanji Zoe (Shingeki no Kyojin)

Mako date outfit (Kill la Kill) 90%,Rei (Free!) 95%, Nai (Karneval) 90%, Satsuki Momoi (Kurko no Basket) 40%

Makoto (Free!),Monaco {Hetalia} (planning), Sailor Neptune (planning), Neo Queen Serenity (planning)
ChibiNeriBuni is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #437
timeisgalleons
an actual princess

I was a size 17, but I think I'm down to about a 13-14 now. Though cosplaying is hard for me, I manage to pull it off. Partly because I'm tall, I think. Here's my most recent cosplay

Merida

How to Train Your Dragon 2 group
(Hiccup, Astrid, Ruffnut, Tuffnut)

timeisgalleons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #438
ManchildofPV

I know this is kinda a spam post but if any of you folks are in New York . I am currently trying to get a cosplay charity together. If interested message me and I will give you the details
ManchildofPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #439
ManchildofPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiNeriBuni View Post
>.< I am starting to have second thoughts about cosplaying female Jack Frost even though I have completed my entire cosplay....I dunno I think I just need to get it out of my mind that I look bad in cosplay,.
Don't think that. You made it and are a fan don't count yourself out
ManchildofPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #440
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Haven't posted here in like awhile. Just felt like saying this. Never feel like the moment you step outside your comfort zone with a cosplay that its awful. Only worry about how you feel in the cosplay not how other will. They don't know what it is like in your body so their thoughts or comments should mean nothing to you. Rock that cosplay like you mean it.

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #441
evilduckie

Cool

Hi everyone! I am new to cosplay. My boyfriend and I are planning to go to a con but I'm not sure what to be. I am a size 22-24 and would like to be something that is flattering for my size. I was planning on making my costume but I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and also any tips or advice for a first-timer would also be great! Thanks!
evilduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 09:43 PM   #442
Katieasaur
Being Awesome

hello yall
I'm Katie and I am a size 16 ish
i have deff. found it hard to be comfortable in my own skin too
however i have decided to push past it and do what i want lol

Fem Loki

www.facebook.com/KatieasaurCosplay
Katieasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #443
Kimiko Hito
Eternal Sailor Earth

Hey everyone,
How have you been? It's been awhile since I actually been on here. I am going to be starting my Sailor Neptune costume and try and open my squishy shop as well either in May or June of next year. I need to get everything in order first so that I can open my shop. I will keep everyone up dated on my progress for my costume and shop, I hope everyone will love it.
I am Sailor Earth, the champion of the planet Earth. I stand for love and all things that are good for the planet Earth. In the name of the planet Earth, I will destroy you and all your evilness that comes with you!
Kimiko Hito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 11:57 PM   #444
Wizardly

I'm a cosplayer, size 22-26W and trying to start making my own cosplays. It's really kind of hard, I'm not very experienced and try to make my own patterns if the outfit is kind of simple (I honestly don't think I would be able to understand instructions of bought ones and my sewing machine is simple with just one kind of stitch ;w. So far I have only made one completely from scratch (Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III) and have modified one from a sweater I bought and cut up (for Isa from Kingdom Hearts). Although I'm trying to lose some pounds, I would say the hardest part for me right now is that when I'm making a cosplay I end up making it just a wee bit too small. I have remade my Hiccup cosplay three times, and now the product I'm stuck with is the best one I have made and the most accurate in detail, unfortunately it's a snug fit, especially around my arms and shoulders, and that's uncomfortable for me. ;n;

Like making the torso piece is always fine and I can make it as big as I need it, but sleeves and such are such a hassle for me because my arms are very chubby and it always ends up being some kind of trouble and either too tight, or I wouldn't be able to move my arms freely without tightening the fabric.

/vent vent vent
Otherwise I don't have much problems, I cosplay who I want unless I really think the cosplay itself and the character's design won't flatter me in the slightest, or will just look plain horrible on me. And that can leave me feeling kind of bleh because I don't want to do the character injustice unless I feel I can pull it off despite my size.

... this post is so inconsistent, gosh. ._.
Wizardly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 12:04 AM   #445
Wizardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiNeriBuni View Post

Do it!
I think that would actually look very adorable.

I see you're going to MetroCon. Me too! 8D
Unread 06-12-2013, 12:48 AM   #446
ChibiNeriBuni
Baby Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardly View Post
Do it!
I think that would actually look very adorable.

I see you're going to MetroCon. Me too! 8D
Well I did make it and was going to wear it to MegaCon. Then I got sick, but I did manage to take some picture. ^^ Yeah I am hoping to go to Metro. Gotta find a ride though since everyone I know has to wor. But I plan to go as Fem Jack and if I can find a short cheap white wig I wanna switch it out and be make jack too. ^^

Cosplays:
Amethyst (Steven Universe) 100%,Harley Quinn [O.L] (Batman),Aoba Serageki (Dramatical Murder) 80%, Clear (Dramatical Murder) ,Shion No.6 100%,Hanji Zoe (Shingeki no Kyojin)

Mako date outfit (Kill la Kill) 90%,Rei (Free!) 95%, Nai (Karneval) 90%, Satsuki Momoi (Kurko no Basket) 40%

Makoto (Free!),Monaco {Hetalia} (planning), Sailor Neptune (planning), Neo Queen Serenity (planning)
Unread 06-12-2013, 01:04 AM   #447
Wizardly

That's cool! I'll be Hiccup on Saturday. c:
I'll look out for a Fem! Jack. x3 Unless you're regular Jack... I'll just look out for all the Jacks! haha.
Unread 06-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #448
ChibiNeriBuni
Baby Cosplayer

Sweet! Going on Saturday too! I will make sure to keep en eye out for a Hiccup!

Cosplays:

Unread 06-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #449
Silent Jo
Sweet Tooth Alchemist

I'm Jo (or Jen, answer to both) and I'm just starting out with cosplay. I'm about a size 24-26W and 3X for most shirts. The only cosplay I've done was a Princess Fiona outfit from Shrek that I did for Halloween a few years back. I bought the wig and dress from ebay (not the exact dress, but close) and then got green makeup for the rest of me. Turned out nice, but now that I'm starting to watch more and more anime, I want to get more involved with cosplay and going to cons. I'd love to do an Alphonse Elric armor cosplay, because I feel like it would be a better fit to my body type and also I have a great idea for it. I'm just over 5' tall, and Al's supposed to be 7' tall. I'm thinking I can build the armor up to 7' and then make the helmet detachable so you can see what looks to be noone inside! I'd essentially have to look through his chest armor but I think that would be just totally badass! I know it's an ambitious first project, but that's the one I really want to make happen. I also think I'd make a pretty good Silent Bob as well, hehe.

jo
Silent Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 02:09 PM   #450
bittersweetdemo

Smile

Ah! I'm so glad you posted this too. I'm a bit of a newbie at cosplay but I have been having a lot of difficulties decided/buying/making my own costumes since I am a big girl xP

Right now I'm planning on cosplaying as Mizore Shirayuki from Rosario + Vampire and Juvia Lockser from Fairy Tail for Anime Boston. It's been about three years since I first wanted to cosplay, but I'm finally building up the courage and confidence to be a fabulous plus size cosplayer and I'm super stoked for my upcoming plans
bittersweetdemo is offline   Reply With Quote