Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Photoshoot Scheduling

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-18-2010, 06:36 AM   #1
shibuya

Photographer available (free): SF Bay Area & CA Major Conventions

Available for private, group & convention photo shoots (all free). Around SF Bay Area (weekends, 2 weeks prior notice) & major CA conventions. I usually do outdoor/on-location but can offer studio (on limited basis) as well.

Last edited by shibuya : 04-18-2010 at 07:51 AM. Reason: clarification
shibuya is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-18-2010, 04:18 PM   #2
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

I assume you are going to Fanime then?... My sister and I are looking for a photographer for two photoshoots during Fanime-someone who knows the material so that they can help come up with epic poses. She wants a shoot as Ty Lee from Avatar-we had one once before, and the pictures were beautiful, but the photographer had never seen the show so the poses are a little boring and static. She wants something amazing.
We also need a photographer for a shoot with the two of us as Lightning and Jihl from FFXIII.
So if you've seen Avatar or played FF and you have time, we would LOVE to have you as our photographer.

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -Otakon- -Dragon*Con- -NYCC-
2013 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2010, 02:28 AM   #3
shibuya

yes, i will be at the fanime and yes, i have seen avatar, although i have not played ffxiii yet (played all previous versions)... we can schedule a session during fanime, or prior to the event if you want to have your shots by the time event starts. i'm in tokyo right now and will be returning in 2 weeks.
Unread 04-19-2010, 10:47 PM   #4
AuberyMirkwood
Aubery Mirkwood

Are you going to SDCC then?
4th Doctor
Zelda (In progress)
Sheik (In progress)
5th Doctor (In progress)

Events:
San Diego Comic Con
AuberyMirkwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2010, 11:21 PM   #5
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Well... I'd be all for having them done before Fanime, but our plane gets in at 3pm Thursday, so that kills the whole morning and afternoon, and we might look totally destroyed after such a long flight(we live 9 miles outside of NYC...and are crazy enough to go all that way for Fanime. What can I say?...)
I mean, I don't know...but probably, one of the actual con days would be a better bet for good photos. We'll be there from Thursday until Wednesday(and yes, I know the convention ends Monday, just saying) so there would be no rush, even if you wanted to do a photoshoot for us Monday or something.

I'm really glad you have seen Avatar, so you'll have an idea of how to pose us, etc. Most photographers I've talked to, at least over here, have not seen it, or have only seen like an episode and have no idea what it's about- hence my sister's issues with our photos from our NYAF photoshoot. I know you'll be perfect for what my sister wants though.

So, thank you soooo much!!!
And omg, Tokyo, that's awesome!! I hope you have an amazing trip!

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -Otakon- -Dragon*Con- -NYCC-
2013 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Unread 04-20-2010, 04:39 AM   #6
shibuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuberyMirkwood View Post
Are you going to SDCC then?

yep, will be there...

Last edited by shibuya : 04-20-2010 at 04:40 AM. Reason: edit
Unread 04-20-2010, 05:05 AM   #7
shibuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Maryte View Post
Well... I'd be all for having them done before Fanime, but our plane gets in at 3pm Thursday, so that kills the whole morning and afternoon, and we might look totally destroyed after such a long flight(we live 9 miles outside of NYC...and are crazy enough to go all that way for Fanime. What can I say?...)
I mean, I don't know...but probably, one of the actual con days would be a better bet for good photos. We'll be there from Thursday until Wednesday(and yes, I know the convention ends Monday, just saying) so there would be no rush, even if you wanted to do a photoshoot for us Monday or something.

I'm really glad you have seen Avatar, so you'll have an idea of how to pose us, etc. Most photographers I've talked to, at least over here, have not seen it, or have only seen like an episode and have no idea what it's about- hence my sister's issues with our photos from our NYAF photoshoot. I know you'll be perfect for what my sister wants though.

So, thank you soooo much!!!
And omg, Tokyo, that's awesome!! I hope you have an amazing trip!
keep in mind that the lightning in the san jose con center (like in most halls) is not particularly good for photography, and carrying all the studio lightning is a drag, so we should plan a session either in the morning (before 9-10am) or in the evening (after 5pm) when the sunlight warms up and makes skin tones look pleasing. evenings also good for silhouette plays. background also matters - another reason to do this outside of the hall - there are a couple of small parks in the area, so if you don't mind people gawking at you ;-) then that's an option. fanimecon might also provide a dedicated place (at least they used to in the past, i think). a rooftop might be another option.

for avatar, here a couple of suggested poses for your sister to practice - will come up with more later:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1...-lee_super.jpg

http://shiningbeam.net/images/ty_lee_osaka_moment.png

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/k...e_Full_002.jpg

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs48/300W...jadenkaiba.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs19/f/20...y_artavias.jpg

Last edited by shibuya : 04-20-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Unread 04-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #8
shibuya

yes, tokyo is nice. here're a couple of shots of the street fashion

http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/180058/

btw, i had a longer post with suggestions for the photo session, but for some reason it is not being displayed - got a note that moderator needs to approve the post or something...
Unread 04-20-2010, 09:30 AM   #9
shibuya

for some reason two of my previous posts disappeared. i'm re-summarizing them here:

re: tokyo - yes, it is fun. i uploaded a few pics of the street fashion. have not really worked through all of them and did not do any extensive editing - will post more when i get back home

re: avatar - i will send you a pm with a couple of links for suggested poses so your sister can practice a little bit. best timing for photo-shoot is in the morning (before 10am) or in the evening (after 5pm). light is better and makes skin tones more natural. the san jose hall lightning is horrible and i don't really want to drag all studio lightning to the event. also background matters - there are a couple of small parks around the area, we can try those if fanimecon does not provide a dedicated shooting area

Last edited by shibuya : 04-20-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Unread 04-20-2010, 10:48 AM   #10
AuberyMirkwood
Aubery Mirkwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibuya View Post
yep, will be there...
Sorry if that was confusing. I was just wondering because I'm going to SDCC for the first time this year and I'm thinking it would be awesome to do a photoshoot. It's just that I've never done one except with friends as my Photogragher.
4th Doctor
Zelda (In progress)
Sheik (In progress)
5th Doctor (In progress)

Events:
San Diego Comic Con
AuberyMirkwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 02:48 PM   #11
Musicalpencil
great now I'M the bad guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibuya View Post
yep, will be there...
I too would like one at SDCC.

Murphy's Law of Cosplay:
"If she thinks for half a minute this is gonna be a stroll,
she can kiss my you-know-what 'cos you-know-who is in control!”
Musicalpencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 03:08 PM   #12
PsychoLove
Zombie Aeris

Your work is really beautiful. You will be at Anime Expo this year? =)

www.moonsquid-illustration.com

Recently Completed:
The Nightmare Before Christmas: Sally
Princess Mononoke: San
Final Fantasy IV: Rydia (2.0)
Magic Knight Rayearth: Hikaru (final armor)

IN PROGRESS:
Final Fantasy IX: General Beatrix
Sailor Moon: Princess Serenity
Twilight Princess: Princess Zelda
Legend Of Zelda: Femme Link
Madoka Magica: Charlotte
PsychoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 06:35 PM   #13
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Lol Cosplay.com is crazy. Before your posts werent showing up just like you said. Now they are all back. O.o
Anyway, con center lighting does always manage to suck. I was hoping there were places in the area for outdoor shoots. I'm glad to hear that there are. A little walking, and gawking, never hurt anyone so if we have to walk ten blocks and have hundreds of people looking at us like we are high, it's all good. Just glad to see that you share our views on how important setting and lighting are to a good photo.
We are definitely not morning people, so I think evening is best. I don't even know for sure if we will be out of bed by 10 or 11 each day...though I guess that with the time change from Eastern, we would be-but better not to take any chances.
Anyway, awesome. I will show my sister the pictures you posted. Thank you so much!!

Conventions 2014~

Unread 04-20-2010, 09:58 PM   #14
LordMoufMouf
From another era....

I'm interested in doing a shoot with you for Fanime, if you still have time open.
Have you done action/movement shots before? I tend to play athletic characters, and as a dancer I would love to do some more movement and not just static poses all the time.

http://stagsleap.deviantart.com
"Polite Frivolity" - Art, Life, Horses, and Ballet Blog

AOD~SF Cherry Blossom Festival~Gaskell Ball~Fanime~Clockwork Alchemy~Nova Albion~Handcar Regatta~Vintage Invasion

Princess Tutu~Sebastian Michaelis~Steampunk~NeoVictorian~Historical

LordMoufMouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 10:31 PM   #15
shibuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoLove View Post
Your work is really beautiful. You will be at Anime Expo this year? =)
currently planning to attend only saturday and sunday events...