Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Ani-Magic

Unread 10-12-2002, 09:59 PM   #1
Nova

Exclamation rawr! boredom><

bleh,I'm just a bit bored and figured i would ask,how everyone's experiance of AniMagic was? If so what was the best part o_o
I guess was that i got to hang out with 4 really interesting guys who i met at AX. Anyways i just wanna know what you're best memory of A-M is^^ thankies

Unread 10-13-2002, 02:02 AM   #2
K_Valentine
I shoot people.

My dorm suite is filled with total anime haters (BAKA's) who continually insult and belittle it at every chance

AM was BAKA-free, so I could relax and be with fellow anime fans. That alone made AM worthwhile. This was my first AM and definitely not my last.

Hopefully I can make a little Anime fan/BAKA relations panel next year. Maybe I'll find a way to have anime fans and BAKA's get along better. It's a dream.

Escapist Magazine anime critic: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti.../reviews/anime
K_Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2002, 03:15 AM   #3
ZiggyB
The Fuzz

Um... I think the best part for me was I met a ton of new people from the boards and just random people I was hanging out with.

Someone was saying it was like anime/cosplay camp. I couldn't agree more, it was lots of fun. :>
ZiggyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2002, 03:15 AM   #4
Mei Lan Chang
Its a "shoulder massager"

Baka can be a very broad term. The majority of the people in my classes seem to fit in there just right sometimes.
*pat pat* You dream'in boi.
Unread 10-13-2002, 03:25 PM   #5
K_Valentine
I shoot people.

I know I dream. Oh well.

At least my roommates and I can agree on three things: Iron Chef, Cowoby Bebop (Took long enough to get them off the Cartoon Network version) and Shaolin Soccer. So things aren't all bad.

Escapist Magazine anime critic: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti.../reviews/anime
K_Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2002, 03:36 PM   #6
Kenshin Ken
Ore wa, Pocky Ken desu!

My favorite time? ^^ mm.. I had many... meeting people bytheir cospaly.com name n whatnot. I dunno about you guys.. bit I find it kidna cool findingo ut peopel by their cosplay.com name... its' liek.. " so THAT's YOU!!" ^^;
Unread 10-13-2002, 04:31 PM   #7
Nova

hehe^^ alot of people had fun times it seems. We had both equal fun and bad times. The Mas. was fun and it was the first one we ever did so that was kinda a big highlight. Also, i found out that one of the guys who was staying in my room had a thing for me and me for him. -blush of embaressment- but I'm glad our feelings came out ^_^ Thank you for the people who replied -glomps them all-
Unread 10-13-2002, 05:30 PM   #8
Ami Yuy
Not an active mod
Site Moderator

AM was my second con, the first was Anime Expo. My friends and I loved the 'personal feel' that AM has. You actually get to TALK to people and not just see them once and then move one because there are soooo many (like at AX)!

And then coming to this board was so cool. As Kenshin Ken said it's really neat to find out people by their cosplay.com name and going "So that's you!!" Lol, I've done that so many times since I came and started posting here.

I can't wait to go again and actually meet some people next year, maybe even at other cons in So. Cali, ne?
Ami Yuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2002, 05:34 PM   #9
Nova

ehehe^^ That's like what happened witha friend of mine from a chat we both went too like.3 years ago,she was on my AIM list and we tried to meet at AX but har har! good luck @_@ so i asked if she was going to A-M. HOOPLA she said yes. So on saturday morning,she comes up and asks my friend if she was PureInsaneNova, and i said no that's me.then she was like "OH IT'S ME CHIKA!" and we glomped and talked for a long time^^ That's why i like A-M so much.you actually KNOW the people there and you actually see them more then once in a blue moon.
Unread 10-13-2002, 08:41 PM   #10
Famira Damaris
Oekaki Whore

That's a good point. It doesn't have such a frantic "I paid for this, I shouldn't be sitting here and doing nothing" sort of feel. No rush, at least for me. :P Also, I liked how you can actually talk with people. It's a lot easier to meet new people. AX I was pretty much by myself, except for this other Gundam guy - who I'm kinda keeping in contact with, but I didn't really meet any one. *sniff*
Famira Damaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2002, 09:06 PM   #11
Mei Lan Chang
Its a "shoulder massager"

I went to Ani-Magic knowing only one person. I left knowing oodles of people that are super duper. I rest my case.
Unread 10-16-2002, 08:18 AM   #12
Nietsche
Have a SUPER good time!

Ooh.the strangest thing I remember was how everyone I met appeared to be shorter than I had imagined from looking at photos...it's amazing how deceptive it was. Hoorah for those of 6ft or less!

It was also great how everyone made an Englishman feel welcome! ^^

Some small info on pandas- Eats, shoots and leaves!
(this is an excellent book btw)
The difference a little punctuation makes!
Nietsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2002, 11:02 AM   #13
Kamui Motoaki
Edge Master of FOOD ^_^

. ... .*spazes*
. .. soo. .. much. .. to. .. tell. .. .do. .n.n't. .know. . .wh. .er.e. to sta.r. .t. .. ..*falls over*. .

^_^

I Love that con. .^_^
Kamui Motoaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2002, 12:51 PM   #14
SleepingKirby
Ride on a shooting star!!

Yeah, what he said... I do wish there was more to do during the day. Seeing Crispin Freeman was pretty good, but... was it me or did he seem a little bored?

Click here for random Kirbyness.
SleepingKirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2002, 01:40 PM   #15
Nadeshiko
white rose assassin

AniMagic was great. *^^*

There were some people I've been wanting to meet and see again. That was fufilled. It was nice being with friends again. I really like the atmosphere of AniMagic. It's so small, relaxed, and intimate.

The program line up was wonderful. I had a chance to go to the karaoke contest and masquerade. I've always like the outdoor masquerade concept. Hehe...no need to stand in lines!

Though it was a small con, there were so many wonderful cosplays! *^^*

Because of my positive experience at AniMagic, I shall return in 2003. See you all there!