Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Unread 09-09-2003, 11:19 PM   #1
SnivellusSnape
Snivellus Snape

Zelda Armor

I am going to be cosplaying Zelda this Halloween at Comic Con is Las Vegas and I REALLY need help with the armor. If anyone has any suggestions of what to use or how to make it, it will be of some great help. Thanks yous in advanced
SnivellusSnape is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-14-2003, 03:17 PM   #2
Tranquility

My friend used craft foam to make hers and then painted it gold. It turned out pretty well I think.. but it might not last as long and isn't as tough as other materials.
Tranquility is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2003, 03:31 PM   #3
Space Invader
Sparkle Butt

Try plastic sheeting! It's cheap, it's durable, and it's all around great. You can get it at a plastic warehouse... ask for something called either "polystyrene" or "high impact styrene".

{ I N L U M I N O }
Space Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2003, 05:13 PM   #4
Demri
Bunny Hugger! ^_^

I just finished up my Zelda armor the other week... I did something that's going to sound really ghetto... I cut out plastic in the shapes I needed and then sewed pleather around it and then sewed gold fabric very taut around the pleather and used fabric paint for the design. It had a nice, subtle effect to it, which I liked. I think using one of the other ideas posted here might prove easier. Although it might not seem possible, I spent hours and weeks on the armor, and truthfully, I still have a little ways to go.
Unread 09-16-2003, 09:57 AM   #5
SnivellusSnape
Snivellus Snape

Yeah me and my dad are on a role now. We went to Wallymart and we got some tupperware containers and did the shoulder parts out of that. The arm parts are going to be made out of plastic sheeting. From there on we're going with Amethyst Angels painting idea. After that I need to do the belt and head things....Which I have no bloody clue on how I'm going to do it! So if anyone has any tips on that, send 'em my way! And Demri if you can sometime, jot down my email and send me some pic of your Zelda and Armor because that just sounds bad ass beyond anything! I'm just a 3rd time (???) cosplayer, but costume is damned good! And I'm loving the Armor...Have to run to school now, DAMN THE INTERNET! Bye Bye
SnivellusSnape is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2003, 10:25 PM   #6
Demri
Bunny Hugger! ^_^

Yea! I just finished my Zelda armor for real tonight. Just had to share - that was not fun!
Unread 09-18-2003, 11:12 PM   #7
Jaquii
aka Jacqueline Hide

I used Amythsy Angel's method for armor making, except in place of the plastic sheeting, I painted several layers of poly urithane on my armor. It's nice and shiny and it's nice an hard (more durable than just regular sheet foam). Either method that you use will turn out nicely. : )
Jaquii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2004, 10:01 PM   #8
TenkaiSei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaquii
I used Amythsy Angel's method for armor making, except in place of the plastic sheeting, I painted several layers of poly urithane on my armor. It's nice and shiny and it's nice an hard (more durable than just regular sheet foam). Either method that you use will turn out nicely. : )
If I may be so humble as to ask what sort of polyurethane you were using for this project? Is it some sort liquid and what is it called? Better yet...where can I snag some?
TenkaiSei is offline   Reply With Quote