Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Nekocon

Unread 09-10-2003, 03:09 AM   #1
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Post Anyone staying until Monday?

Hey everyone attending Nekocon:

Well, it's official!! Nekocon 2003 is a go! I bought my airline tickets today for Nekocon, and since flying home on Sunday after the con cost a LOT of $$, more so than previous years, I am going to be leaving early Monday morning. So that means that I will be there ALL-DAY & NIGHT on Sunday, and I wanted to find out if any other members will be staying for the duration of the con until it's ALL over.. I have a room already for Sunday night, so that's all settled away, but I'll be lounging at the Holiday Inn to say good-bye to my friends during the day.

After that, depending on who's going to still be there, If there's enough people we could go out to eat or something (Denny's, anyone?) or just chill out and chat in the Holiday Inn lobby and reflect on the weekend. (I see myself doing that on Thursday night BEFORE the con begins, wondering how the con will be.. )

Since this year I'll be able to relax and still be able to take some nice cosplay pictures w/o worrying about when I'm leaving, I hope that there will still be cosplayers on Sunday for me to take pics for the site.

Please reply back if you're still going to be at Nekocon throughout Sunday, and if you're going to cosplay on Sunday so I'll know what to keep an eye out for. Thanks! See you soon.. MEOW!!
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-10-2003, 03:41 AM   #2
Midknight
Agent X

It's great that you can be there ^_^

I live 15-20 minutes from the con... so I'm up for an after con get together. At this point I don't know what costume I'll be wearing on Sunday though. Hopefully I'll know when it gets closer to the time of the con (not that it is really far away now - must work faster! ^_^;; ).
Midknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2003, 01:13 AM   #3
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Midknight: That would be schweet to hang out with you for something on Sunday afternoon/evening, and Reiko has told me about you from BAAF and Otakon. You were the Miyu at Otakon that I took pictures of, right? I wish I chatted with you more, but will do so at Nekocon, and look forward to taking pics of your Miyu and Reiko's Reiha if she brings it. She asked me for poses of you two (and the Larva if he goes) and I can think of some.
Unread 09-11-2003, 03:52 AM   #4
Midknight
Agent X

Yep that was me! ^_^

Actually I didn't know what you looked like until after Otakon. At the convention my friend (Giant Alucard) was saying "Eurobeat King just took your picture a few minutes ago." And I was all, "He did???" lol

I look forward to meeting you (again! lol)... and Larva will be there!
Midknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2003, 02:59 PM   #5
chocoborancher
Gameshow Coordinator-Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurobeat King
Hey everyone attending Nekocon:

Well, it's official!! Nekocon 2003 is a go! I bought my airline tickets today for Nekocon, and since flying home on Sunday after the con cost a LOT of $$, more so than previous years, I am going to be leaving early Monday morning. So that means that I will be there ALL-DAY & NIGHT on Sunday, and I wanted to find out if any other members will be staying for the duration of the con until it's ALL over.. I have a room already for Sunday night, so that's all settled away, but I'll be lounging at the Holiday Inn to say good-bye to my friends during the day.

After that, depending on who's going to still be there, If there's enough people we could go out to eat or something (Denny's, anyone?) or just chill out and chat in the Holiday Inn lobby and reflect on the weekend. (I see myself doing that on Thursday night BEFORE the con begins, wondering how the con will be.. )

Since this year I'll be able to relax and still be able to take some nice cosplay pictures w/o worrying about when I'm leaving, I hope that there will still be cosplayers on Sunday for me to take pics for the site.

Please reply back if you're still going to be at Nekocon throughout Sunday, and if you're going to cosplay on Sunday so I'll know what to keep an eye out for. Thanks! See you soon.. MEOW!!
Well, as part of tradition, the Anime Plushies crew generally stays over on Sunday Night and sometimes even runs a party.
chocoborancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2003, 06:22 PM   #6
Shastar
Your Hero and Icon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocoborancher
Well, as part of tradition, the Anime Plushies crew generally stays over on Sunday Night and sometimes even runs a party.
I'll be there sunday night, but doing the Staff dinner thing.

AFter that, tho, i'm all for doing the lounge around thing (Hey, I might even be able to talk some people into commondeering Main Events for private screenings of movies like we did two years ago for Cowboy bebop^_~)

Dan
Shastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2003, 12:51 PM   #7
sandruu
Anime Otaku! ^_^'

I am all for it! It is local for me so I don't have a specified time to leave. I usually help out will mon or tue with clean up stuff anyway. I am all for hanging out late sunday/monday. GO LOCAL CONS!!!!! XD
-Justin ^_^'
sandruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2003, 11:17 AM   #8
ChiiProductions

i'm in the plushie con room.. so i'll be there and up forhanging out where ever ^_^
anything is appreciated
www.ic-ent.com
ChiiProductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2003, 11:18 AM   #9
Giant Alucard
DooD, it is Glorious!

I'll be there!!

Spartan - 300
Riddick - Chronicles of Riddick
Rios - Army of Two
Lister - Red Dwarf
Junpei - Megatokyo
Luchadore - Nuff Said
Giant Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2003, 01:19 PM   #10
HealerKou
A Leaf on the Wind

I'm sure Serge and I will be staying late on Sunday, because it only takes a couple hours for us to get home, and we should be working a late shift by then, meaning we wouldn't have to be at work until 3 p.m. on Monday, anyway :P Al, I guess you opted to miss work yourself, eh? ^_~

Anyway, I'm sure we'll run into you at some point, and we can chill. I still haven't met very many people from this message board, and I would like to ^_^v
HealerKou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2003, 12:52 PM   #11
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Cristi: It'll be fun to hang out with you and Serge for as long as you'll be there on Sunday. As I said, it's cheaper to fly out on Monday, so it's better for me NOT to rush going home on Sunday. Hehe Skipping out on work? Sorta.. But I still have vacation-time left, so not working on Monday won't be too bad.. heehee
Unread 10-19-2003, 03:54 PM   #12
Schu
Noisy Alien

sorry to bump an old thread, but I'll be there thurs-monday so I'd be up for Denny's if you all are still going.
Unread 10-27-2003, 02:01 AM   #13
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Schu: Good to hear from you again. Yeah, I think after the con slowly dies down, we'll see who's still here, and if people do want to go to Denny's, we'll have a nice group dinner there to finish off Nekocon. We'll try not to go out toooo late, since I have a 6:30am flight on Monday, so I'll prolly want to sleep around 10-11pm. But, it'll be fun See you all in 10 days!!