Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Columbus Cosplay Gathering

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #1
Atropos
Ohio Geisha

Talking Kimono store & Tearoom - OPENING May 1st! NW Ohio!

I am proud to announce the opening of Ohio's first ever kimono store!

Kimono & Tea...what's not to love?

Address: Dragonfly Tea Cottage & Gallery - 5723 North Main, Sylvaina Ohio (subburb of Toledo)
Price Range: $5 - $10 for scrap kimono panels, $50 - $100 for kimono. Call head with any special requests, items like juban are kept back and can be brought to the store.
Phone: 419-215-7758 , normal business hours.
Opens: May 1st - First 'Kimono & Tea' is May 29th!

I've decided to take a bold step....that I am going to manage and own a small store selling authetic imported Japanese kimono. Some of the kimono undergo a cleaning process, others are direct and untouched by any form of cleaning (dry cleaning, etc. I typically wash cotton yukata to ensure freshness). Ultimately, the kimono sold are of the highest grade, beautiful, and varied in style.

In addition to the kimono gallery and sales, there is a tearoom attached. That once a month, there will be a 'kimono tea' where people are welcome to wear their kimono out for tea, where they can learn more about kimono, share information with fellow kimono addicts, and enjoy a great selection of tea. The tea is affordable, with a '4 for 4' program where you can sample 4 teas of your choice for only $4!

Not only will I be selling kimono & obi, I also will have a varied stock of kimono scraps to use in crafting. The scape all come from authentic kimono, and are priced to be very affordable and pratical for use in your crafts.

The store is located in a very nice, and safe part of town! It is the historical district of the city, a wealthy upperclass part of town. Parking is in an open, and very visable parking lot - when selecting a location to do business out of, safety was a concern for me, as I know it is for many of you.

I consider this a dream come true - that I can work somewhere that I love, selling what I love, with people who share my passion. The store is kimono friendly, wear yours in anytime! When I am in store, I will be wearing my own kimono!

Website and photos soon! If any of you have suggestions let me know! The following photo is of the tearoom: