Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Gundam

Unread 04-28-2010, 11:14 PM   #1
striker0
Gunpla building expert

Gundam 00F-Fon Spaak. HELP!

Howdy folks!

Well, I've finally decided what I'm gonna do about my cosplay dilemma. After reading one of my favorite manga, Gundam 00F, or Gundam 00 Fereshte, I really would like to do Fon Spaak, who is this dashing fellow.

Anyways, I have a few things figured out. For one, the collar around his neck, which in the manga, is actually in fact a bomb to keep him in check, I've decided to make with the sample of wonderflex that I have, adding a little blinking LED to really make it pop. As for the shackles, I'm planning on making those out of craft foam, with a possible locking mechanism that can be undone with a simple setup. As for his boots, I've found a tutorial on the forums that is gonna help me. But my biggest concern(s), are the hair, and the outfit itself.

First off, the hair. I do plan on buying a wig, since my natural hair is not long enough, and I could never grow it long because it tends to curl at the tips after a certain point. I have looked around, and so far, I think I might have found a suitable one, but I'm not too sure. Keep in mind, I have never styled a wig before, so maybe this would help.
http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?p...at=2471&page=2
But then again, I could be wrong.

And the second concern, the actual outfit. I was planning on buying a pair of second hand jeans that I could take the pockets out of, especially the back ones, and just modify them to my own needs. But my concern is the pouches. What material should I use for that? I don't have a butt load of money to work with, so I'm on a budget. As for the shirt, I have no idea how to start that off, or even if I could buy a shirt and once again, modify it to my needs.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
striker0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-30-2010, 02:46 PM   #2
striker0
Gunpla building expert

Hmm, no suggestions so far huh?
Unread 05-02-2010, 03:40 PM   #3
striker0
Gunpla building expert

I'm still hoping to get some kind of answer.
Unread 05-06-2010, 11:36 PM   #4
striker0
Gunpla building expert

Anyone, seriously?
Even with just the wig?
Unread 05-10-2010, 09:50 PM   #5
striker0
Gunpla building expert

I know he's not much of a well known character, but come on.
Unread 05-10-2010, 11:10 PM   #6
navigated
Derp.

Just so you know, bumping your own threads is frowned upon, so please refrain from doing so in the future.

If you have questions about wigs, you're more likely to get an answer in the forum just for wigs. But since you brought it up, do not, under any circumstances get that wig you linked. That will simply not work for Fon, or really much of anything else - you'll see that the model's hair is visible poking out from the wig, which is a bad sign to begin with, secondly its far too short. I would go with a Punky wig, its going to have the volume you need to make Fon's spikes and will be long enough to achieve the ever present Gundam-Mullet.

I wouldn't suggest using Jeans for Fon. His clothes are almost a uniform, I just don't see jeans working. I would get some flat front pants, really as long as they're not denim. To make the pouches you'd need to find a fabric that matches the pants you chose to modify, which might be difficult and it might be beneficial to simply make your own pants so you can build the pockets in.

Or you can treat the pocket/pouch things as a pair of spats, which works if you look at the outsides of his legs, the fabric there is decidedly lighter - and could be inferred that its a different material, so you could go that route as well.

navigated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2010, 12:26 AM   #7
striker0
Gunpla building expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigated View Post
Just so you know, bumping your own threads is frowned upon, so please refrain from doing so in the future.

If you have questions about wigs, you're more likely to get an answer in the forum just for wigs. But since you brought it up, do not, under any circumstances get that wig you linked. That will simply not work for Fon, or really much of anything else - you'll see that the model's hair is visible poking out from the wig, which is a bad sign to begin with, secondly its far too short. I would go with a Punky wig, its going to have the volume you need to make Fon's spikes and will be long enough to achieve the ever present Gundam-Mullet.

I wouldn't suggest using Jeans for Fon. His clothes are almost a uniform, I just don't see jeans working. I would get some flat front pants, really as long as they're not denim. To make the pouches you'd need to find a fabric that matches the pants you chose to modify, which might be difficult and it might be beneficial to simply make your own pants so you can build the pockets in.

Or you can treat the pocket/pouch things as a pair of spats, which works if you look at the outsides of his legs, the fabric there is decidedly lighter - and could be inferred that its a different material, so you could go that route as well.
Truth be told, I was waiting several days at a time to actually bump this up, when it was near the bottom of the second page, so I didn't think I was in the wrong.

And I really didn't notice that about the wig (with the real hair sticking out) until just now. But thanks for pointing that out. I will look elsewhere for the wig.

Main reason why I said jeans in the first place, simply put, is because of funding. But looking through my closet, I actually have several pairs of dress pants that I don't really use anymore. Would that be better for this kind of situation, especially since they are also black?

And would you have any suggestions about the shirt/blazer? (I don't really know which it is due to lack of better judgment at the moment.)