Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Ouran High School Host Club

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-30-2010, 07:53 AM   #1
Yu_Mi
Japanese-Korean, & proud!

Sewing Patterns for a Dress?

Okay. I'm a boy and I am crossplaying as Renge from OHSHC. (I'll need a wig. And fake....chests.)

Could I get a sewing pattern for a dress that she would wear? Not her Ouran uniform, I've seen her in casual clothes. I think she'd be fairly recognizable (and this is just for laughs, besides).

Thank you~
Yu_Mi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-30-2010, 09:52 AM   #2
red-ink
Insane Stunt Fighter

A reference pic would really help everyone figure out what you're trying to do. I don't think I know what OHSCH means....
red-ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2010, 10:48 AM   #3
YandeYuuKa
Sewing Sage

http://anime.tedfox.com/wp-content/u...bscap01421.jpg
That outfit of hers?
YandeYuuKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2010, 11:00 AM   #4
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

I think a Renge crossplay for laughs or any other reason would be awesome. If you are going to be with an OHH group, you might be recognizable in something other than the uniform - without a group though I have my doubts. Agreeing with red-ink - post a reference picture or two. It's impossible to give any specific advice otherwise.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2010, 12:05 AM   #5
Yu_Mi

Sorry for the crappiness of the picture...
This was something I thought would be funny, since...well, my mind is odd. =w=

Something like this: {x}

Or this: {x}

I'm leaning towards the first link, though.

(And I'm really sorry that it's only from one view...I don't know if that makes a difference, but sorry! These were dresses I was debating between...)

By the way, OHSHC means Ouran High School Host Club. (Sorry for being lazy.)
Unread 05-03-2010, 07:17 AM   #6
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Your first reference looks like a pinafore over a knit shirt. You should be able to just by the shirt. For a sewing pattern, I'd look in the costume sections of the standard three pattern makers (Simplicity, McCall's, Butterick). One of them should have at least an Alice in Wonderland or Dorothy from Wizard of Oz costume that should provide you with a good base pattern. Good luck!
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 08:04 PM   #7
Yu_Mi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Your first reference looks like a pinafore over a knit shirt. You should be able to just by the shirt. For a sewing pattern, I'd look in the costume sections of the standard three pattern makers (Simplicity, McCall's, Butterick). One of them should have at least an Alice in Wonderland or Dorothy from Wizard of Oz costume that should provide you with a good base pattern. Good luck!
Thank you! (Sorry for the late reply) I'm working on the costume after I finish another cosplay ;3 You really helped <333
Unread 06-09-2010, 04:05 PM   #8
CezzaXV
OOOH! SHOCK TREATMENT!

Personally, even if you're doing this for lolz, I'd stick with an outift Renge has actually worn. Even if you get the hair down, if you're not wearing one of her outfits you're less likely to get recognised and it becomes less crossplay and more just plain cross-dressing. There's a turquoise dress and a cap she wears in one episode which might be quite suited if you don't wanna do the uniform.
Unread 06-09-2010, 06:12 PM   #9
Yu_Mi
Japanese-Korean, &amp; proud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CezzaXV View Post
Personally, even if you're doing this for lolz, I'd stick with an outift Renge has actually worn. Even if you get the hair down, if you're not wearing one of her outfits you're less likely to get recognised and it becomes less crossplay and more just plain cross-dressing. There's a turquoise dress and a cap she wears in one episode which might be quite suited if you don't wanna do the uniform.
Ah yeah...

Hm. The thing is is that it'd be nicer to be recognized, yeah. I'll go rewatch the series to look for it, then