Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Ouran High School Host Club

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-30-2010, 07:53 AM   #1
Yu_Mi
Japanese-Korean, & proud!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 81
Sewing Patterns for a Dress?

Okay. I'm a boy and I am crossplaying as Renge from OHSHC. (I'll need a wig. And fake....chests.)

Could I get a sewing pattern for a dress that she would wear? Not her Ouran uniform, I've seen her in casual clothes. I think she'd be fairly recognizable (and this is just for laughs, besides).

Thank you~
Yu_Mi is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 04-30-2010, 09:52 AM   #2
red-ink
Insane Stunt Fighter
 
red-ink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 137
A reference pic would really help everyone figure out what you're trying to do. I don't think I know what OHSCH means....
red-ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2010, 10:48 AM   #3
YandeYuuKa
Sewing Sage
 
YandeYuuKa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 22
http://anime.tedfox.com/wp-content/u...bscap01421.jpg
That outfit of hers?
YandeYuuKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2010, 11:00 AM   #4
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad
 
The Hag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,101
I think a Renge crossplay for laughs or any other reason would be awesome. If you are going to be with an OHH group, you might be recognizable in something other than the uniform - without a group though I have my doubts. Agreeing with red-ink - post a reference picture or two. It's impossible to give any specific advice otherwise.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
So I blame you Hag. Stop being such a bitch. With... With your brain, n' shit.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2010, 12:05 AM   #5
Yu_Mi
Japanese-Korean, & proud!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 81
Sorry for the crappiness of the picture...
This was something I thought would be funny, since...well, my mind is odd. =w=

Something like this: {x}

Or this: {x}

I'm leaning towards the first link, though.

(And I'm really sorry that it's only from one view...I don't know if that makes a difference, but sorry! These were dresses I was debating between...)

By the way, OHSHC means Ouran High School Host Club. (Sorry for being lazy.)
Yu_Mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2010, 07:17 AM   #6
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad
 
The Hag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,101
Your first reference looks like a pinafore over a knit shirt. You should be able to just by the shirt. For a sewing pattern, I'd look in the costume sections of the standard three pattern makers (Simplicity, McCall's, Butterick). One of them should have at least an Alice in Wonderland or Dorothy from Wizard of Oz costume that should provide you with a good base pattern. Good luck!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
So I blame you Hag. Stop being such a bitch. With... With your brain, n' shit.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 08:04 PM   #7
Yu_Mi
Japanese-Korean, & proud!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Your first reference looks like a pinafore over a knit shirt. You should be able to just by the shirt. For a sewing pattern, I'd look in the costume sections of the standard three pattern makers (Simplicity, McCall's, Butterick). One of them should have at least an Alice in Wonderland or Dorothy from Wizard of Oz costume that should provide you with a good base pattern. Good luck!
Thank you! (Sorry for the late reply) I'm working on the costume after I finish another cosplay ;3 You really helped <333
Yu_Mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 04:05 PM   #8
CezzaXV
OOOH! SHOCK TREATMENT!
 
CezzaXV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,806
Personally, even if you're doing this for lolz, I'd stick with an outift Renge has actually worn. Even if you get the hair down, if you're not wearing one of her outfits you're less likely to get recognised and it becomes less crossplay and more just plain cross-dressing. There's a turquoise dress and a cap she wears in one episode which might be quite suited if you don't wanna do the uniform.
__________________
Hlp me o lord - read and comment
CezzaXV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 06:12 PM   #9
Yu_Mi
Japanese-Korean, &amp; proud!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by CezzaXV View Post
Personally, even if you're doing this for lolz, I'd stick with an outift Renge has actually worn. Even if you get the hair down, if you're not wearing one of her outfits you're less likely to get recognised and it becomes less crossplay and more just plain cross-dressing. There's a turquoise dress and a cap she wears in one episode which might be quite suited if you don't wanna do the uniform.
Ah yeah...

Hm. The thing is is that it'd be nicer to be recognized, yeah. I'll go rewatch the series to look for it, then
Yu_Mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.