Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-16-2010, 05:23 PM   #241
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Cadmium View Post
Based on the videos, I have no doubt that 4chan truly is like the Borg collective, sans the efficiency.

But they've got plenty of drones.
This times a million. Bonus points for the Star Trek references XD

Honestly, does anyone think "4chan panel" and think it's going to be an intellectual discussion or anything remotely civillized, especially regarding cosplay and cosplayers?
Stormraven24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-16-2010, 06:32 PM   #242
ElegantLolita

Quote:
Originally Posted by chouhanwei View Post
"Line Trap" flashing, and yes btw, that IS a flat chick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUT1QTMRVZs
Are you sure? Because I'm pretty sure I've seen her/his penis.
Anyways whoever thought it was a good idea to have a 4chan panel has never been to 4chan. It's ironic that this would be at otacon... otaku con... when the general attitude
towards wannabe Japanese are well known. Someone seriously dropped the ball.
ElegantLolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 06:44 PM   #243
Art1st4786
Hylian Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanita View Post
Falcon, I do wish you had said something, for your sake. Regardless of your gender, nobody has the right to treat you badly, molest you, or sexually harrass you. And yes, grinding a plushie into somebody's butt and crotch IS sexaul harrassment. If con security were professionals, they would not have laughed at you or brushed you off like that.

I would probably have said something to the twits harrassing that poor girl in the elevator. Not even a screaming-mimi hissy fit, just "Guys, that is really not cool, making fun of people's phobias like that. How would you like it if somebody did that to you? I'm sure I would have tried to comfort the girl, at least. "OMG, The glass broke!"- "No it didn't, quit making shit up!"
"OMG, We're gonna fall!"- "Um, no! That's why these things have emergency brakes!"
(I'm something of a high-rise geek, I know the basics of how elevators work)
I agree. If something like that happens again, no matter what your gender is or where it's at, report it immediately! If you don't feel comfortable talking about it when other people are around, ask to talk to them privately or in con ops.

Same thing with the elevator incident: report it immediately! The staff is there to make sure everyone has a pleasant, SAFE con experience! The staff telling you not to do something (like running around, blocking the stairs, stuff like that) is for your safety, and if you're being harassed in one form or another--whether physically, verbally, sexually, what have you--the problem needs to be addressed and taken care of.
Art1st4786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #244
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Honestly, I didn't reply to those guys because 1) I was just so shocked by their behavior and by the time I could think of anything to say they had gotten off, and 2) this was my first time at NekoCon, second con in general, and I wasn't really feeling so confident in speaking up about anything. Now I know better
Unread 05-16-2010, 07:37 PM   #245
Prota-Girl
Get Jinxed!

LOL I really shouldn't have done this, but I told my mom a bit of what I've shared on here and she flipped. Mentally. She told me that she was fine, but she was gonna be calling me every hour, on the hour. There goes my minutes. -_- I really shoulda just kept my mouth shut. She almost made me postpone Metrocon.... UGH. I hate it when parents worry. It's understandable, given the situations and whatnot, but still. I should have known better. But I guess it's good to have my parents know what goes around and what I do to stay out of it. I just HATE it when she worries. Makes me worry more. LOL Oh well. xDD But I got a feeling things should be alright this next con. I've learned and I hope my Mom will eventually see that. xD

X-23 (X-Men)

Planned:
Etrigan (Female; DC Comics) Razer (Green Lantern TAS) Madoka (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
Prota-Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 07:45 PM   #246
juusanbantaigrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormraven24 View Post
Honestly, I didn't reply to those guys because 1) I was just so shocked by their behavior and by the time I could think of anything to say they had gotten off, and 2) this was my first time at NekoCon, second con in general, and I wasn't really feeling so confident in speaking up about anything. Now I know better
I understand. My first con was in April and I felt pretty out of my depth for most of it. I just cant stand it when people make fun of people who have fears and phobias that leave them like that, and people who do that go right down in my books as people who need to be taught a lesson.

@ProtaGirl: Ha, my mom would TOTALLY flip her lid if she knew that stuff like that happened occasionally--thankfully, I wouldnt be in 4Chan groups and therefore she so does not need to know.

"I'm a goddamn marvel of modern cosplay!"
juusanbantaigrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 07:57 PM   #247
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Oh god, my parents worry enough as it is without knowing about any of these things XD Luckily (for them) I have free nights and weekends so they can bother me all they want when I'm at cons. Of course, I work at most cons I go to now so I can't alwasy pick up, which makes them leave long voicemails and eat up my inbox limit XD Silly parents :3
Unread 05-16-2010, 08:01 PM   #248
Prota-Girl
Get Jinxed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juusanbantaigrr View Post

@ProtaGirl: Ha, my mom would TOTALLY flip her lid if she knew that stuff like that happened occasionally--thankfully, I wouldnt be in 4Chan groups and therefore she so does not need to know.
LOL I told mom I am anti-4chan and my Mom still was spazzing. O_O;; I know she's gonna be researching tomorrow. My fault I guess. But she was gonna find out eventually. ^^;;;

X-23 (X-Men)

Planned:
Etrigan (Female; DC Comics) Razer (Green Lantern TAS) Madoka (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
Prota-Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 01:53 PM   #249
chouhanwei
Shin Nihon Kikaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technowraith View Post
Otakon 2009 is where the "Megaman Panel" got shut down immediately because it was actually a 4chan panel in disguise. I had actually planned to attend the "Megaman Panel" but i was late. On the way there, i heard it was actually 4chan screwing people over again. So by the time i did get to the panel room, the panel was in the process of being cleared out and closed down. A lot of people were very angry and upset. There were young children there, assuming they would learn more about Megaman. I felt bad for those children, as 4chan certainly left a lot of parents with a negative undertone or understanding of anime convention panels.
Wow, so THAT'S what the commotion was all about.
I almost went to that panel.
chouhanwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 04:32 PM   #250
Pincer
LEAGUE OF DIRTY OLD MEN

I heard about that panel. Defines "it's a trap" in more ways than one. **lol**

Defender of Claires worldwide from creepy Leons. (big inside joke, needed to be there for the experience!!)

I Claim King From Tekken!

The Resident Evil Cosplay Thread!! -- Reaks of retarded fun!
Pincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 11:14 PM   #251
Technowraith
Stealing Dante's Pizza...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chouhanwei View Post
Wow, so THAT'S what the commotion was all about.
I almost went to that panel.
It was pretty bad. The parents were really, really angry. And took it out on the con staff rather then the stupid hooligans who screwed up the panel. As a result of this, Otakon is reportedly changing the way it does panel submissions. Apparently the con took a lot of flack over the 4chan "Megaman Panel" fiasco. So 4chan is essentially banned from Otakon (how they enforce that i haven't figured out yet).

In the end, 4chan is really just an immature cesspool of randomness. some of their jokes are ok, but for them to ruin panels and con experiences like they did at otakon 2009, that is unacceptable to me (and a lot of others would probably agree).

Current Cosplay Project:

Nero- Devil May Cry 4.
Current Costume status: Wig ordered.
Current Prop status:
Deathbringer: Full scale mock-up 85% complete. Design adjustments in progress.
Red Queen: Design in progress
Blue Rose: Not started yet.
Technowraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 11:18 PM   #252
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technowraith View Post
In the end, 4chan is really just an immature cesspool of randomness. some of their jokes are ok, but for them to ruin panels and con experiences like they did at otakon 2009, that is unacceptable to me (and a lot of others would probably agree).
4chan is like the one kid in school who still thinks bad fart jokes are funny.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2010, 12:55 AM   #253
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormraven24 View Post
Oh god, my parents worry enough as it is without knowing about any of these things XD Luckily (for them) I have free nights and weekends so they can bother me all they want when I'm at cons. Of course, I work at most cons I go to now so I can't alwasy pick up, which makes them leave long voicemails and eat up my inbox limit XD Silly parents :3
I know what you mean. I never told my parents about the whole incident at Motaku where death threats were made against an Edward Cullen cosplayer (I didn't post that story here because I thought I was becoming a little redundent with it). I did mention some people were poorly behaved when I explained to here why I didn't want to go again this year though. She would worry as I'm a fan who actually is working on a Twilight cosplay. She did ask if I was going to be Victoria at ASTL but I just said that because I had so many anime cosplays, I'd rather wear those to an anime con.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2010, 11:00 AM   #254
CM Sasuke
The Straight Edge Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverStarboy View Post
Thats the first Ive heard of that. Im not surprised though. I only heard of the 7-11 incident. You know he got hell for dressing up as Sasuke in jail. He should be thankful he wasnt crossplaying or he would have been in huge trouble in jail.
That guy completely fails as an Uchiha XD
But seriously, it's incidents like that which give some people such a negative view on cosplay/cosplayers as a whole, and the guy who did it was a complete retard. He is also lucky nothing happened in the prison, I have the feeling that cosplay isn't exactly respected in that community.
"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts ... their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"
CM Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2010, 07:26 PM   #255
Amanita

^ Yeah, I HATE hearing about cosplayers doing that stuff, because it makes us all look incredibly bad, especially to those who don't know about the hobby and what it entails.
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote