Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-10-2010, 07:13 PM   #1
ElegantLolita

Adult cons? Naughty cosplay?

I'm not going to lie, I'm a fan of lewd anime games, and I have a few characters who I would like to cosplay but due to the nature of the character (e.i not a lot of clothing... like less then Felicia) I wouldn't want to do it at a normal con.
I know there is yaoi-con which is 18+ but it'd be weird to wear a skimpy girl outfit to a yaoi convention XD
So what's a girl to do? Anyone know of a different adult con?
I could do my naughty cosplay just for pictures but it seems a shame to spend so much money on something that will only be in pictures.
ElegantLolita is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-10-2010, 08:33 PM   #2
Amanita

This isn't really a dedicated cosplay event, but such attire might be welcomed at fetish balls. Not everyone who attends these things has a "fetish", per se. Some of them just want to have a good time, and dress up in more risque clothing than they otherwise might, without fear of judgement. And you don't have to let people touch you or do anything you don't want to at these things. No, I've never been to one. But the proprietress of a local goth store had some of her stuff in a fashion show at one here in town. I also remember reading about the annual fetish party in Toronto- Lots of people go to that just for fun, because it's a great party. As long as you aren't wearing jeans, athletic wear, or other "mundane" clothing, you're all good.
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2010, 09:27 PM   #3
vampirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElegantLolita View Post
I'm not going to lie, I'm a fan of lewd anime games, and I have a few characters who I would like to cosplay but due to the nature of the character (e.i not a lot of clothing... like less then Felicia) I wouldn't want to do it at a normal con.
I know there is yaoi-con which is 18+ but it'd be weird to wear a skimpy girl outfit to a yaoi convention XD
So what's a girl to do? Anyone know of a different adult con?
I could do my naughty cosplay just for pictures but it seems a shame to spend so much money on something that will only be in pictures.
Well a "naughty adult con" and one where you could just wear skimpy costumes are two different things. I live in Atlanta so my knowledge is more limited to things around here, but I bet with some research you could find more things. So in relation to around here an adult con would be something such as Frolicon, which is pretty much just a fetish con. But then at Dragon*Con after it gets dark and families have had a chance to pack up for the day you can get away with wearing pretty much anything as long as most of your bits are covered, I've seen girls in pretty much just pasties and thongs. Though I wouldn't particularly recommend that sort cosplaying in public regardless unless you're prepared for whatever sort of attention you might get in response.
vampirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2010, 10:59 PM   #4
GlassCannon

Yeah, seconding Dragon*Con. I think multi-genre cons tend to have a bit older crowd -- and there are tracks for both anime and games at Dragon*Con, so a cosplay like that wouldn't be out of place. At D*C I've definitely seen just pasties and a thong, body paint and not much else, or strategically placed caution tape or duct tape, after 8 or 9pm and into the wee morning hours (one of the nice things about a con across several hotels and not a convention center).
Samantha Winchester - Winchester Sisters (Supernatural genderswap) - 100%, adding props
Abaddon - As Time Goes By dress (Supernatural) - 90%
GlassCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2010, 11:14 PM   #5
bellasignorina
Certified Badass

I'm going to third Dragon*Con, haha. I've heard of something called "Dragon*Con after dark" where that type of thing is encouraged? Definitely going to check it out, haha.

Facebook me honeys! Princess Mentality Cosplay

2013 Cons

Project A-Kon
San Diego Comic Con
Glitch Con
Dragon*Con
New York Comic Con
bellasignorina is offline   Reply With Quote