Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 05-12-2010, 07:14 PM   #1
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Question Wearing a Chest Binder Upside-down?

Is it possible to wear a chest-binder, say the Tri-Top Underworks Chest Binder, upside down? The reason I'm thinking about this is because what about the guys who wear skinny straps or even strapless things (such as Ciel in his dress?.) Would that be possible? Or would I have to go a different route for things like that?

Thanks!

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
KnightJeran is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-12-2010, 09:21 PM   #2
Garen
unapologetic yorozuya

No, it is not. You will need to rig something strapless.
"Give it your best shot if you think it's worth it, so if you fail it won't be for lack of trying. If it's not worth your best shot, then why bother?"

Sewing commissions are on hold, but I still do custom pattern-drafting. PM for details.

Katsucon:
Natsu (Fairy Tail), Alibaba (Magi), modern!Kili (The Hobbit)

AnimeBoston:
Yuri (ToV), Allen Avadonia (Evillious Chronicles), Yukimura (SDK)
Garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2010, 05:59 AM   #3
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Man, darn....

But thank you very much!

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
Unread 05-13-2010, 11:41 PM   #4
Scoti
Lv. 99

Most chest binders like that act like a denser tensor bandage so I don’t see why it couldn’t be worn upside-down. The only problem you might have is it slipping downward without straps.

Depending on how much of a chest you’re working with there are other ways to get around this issue. Ciel’s dress , for example, has ruffles and a bow that can be used to hide definition too. Utilizing that dress design could mean using a regular tensor bandage held in place with double sided tape.
Unread 05-14-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
liivingdeadgirl
Chicken Rice!

Yeah, I guess you COULD wear it upside down, but the opening at the top between the straps is smaller than the opening at the bottom. Also, the staps would be at your sides if you wore it upside down and probably bunch up and be uncomfortable or be seen through the costume. Now one thing you COULD try, because underworks binders are simply serged at the seams, is cut off the straps and re-serge around the edges it MAKE it strapless. I may try this with one (since they're only 30 bucks) when I do a strapless cosplay. Good luck!

Alice (Original) - Alice in Wonderland
Miku (Cendrillon) - Vocaloid
Fuu (Artbook) - Magic Knight Rayearth
Fem!Cas - Supernatural

~*~
https://www.facebook.com/#!/LDGCosplay
liivingdeadgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2010, 02:20 PM   #6
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by liivingdeadgirl View Post
Yeah, I guess you COULD wear it upside down, but the opening at the top between the straps is smaller than the opening at the bottom. Also, the staps would be at your sides if you wore it upside down and probably bunch up and be uncomfortable or be seen through the costume. Now one thing you COULD try, because underworks binders are simply serged at the seams, is cut off the straps and re-serge around the edges it MAKE it strapless. I may try this with one (since they're only 30 bucks) when I do a strapless cosplay. Good luck!

Thanks for that tip!!