Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 02-25-2017, 11:49 PM   #1
CoolCoolSkies

Smile SoCal cosplayers please!

Let me tell you, I did not think that finding other cosplayers IN SUCH A BIG CITY would be so hard haha

I just moved to California from Chicago, and after searching on so many websites, social platforms, and Facebook groups, I have yet to find any sort of person to talk to. I feel like no one in this state socializes XD

So here is my final hope that there is someone here that is willing to be friends and cry over sewing with me haha

I mostly cosplay from anime/games, but I either have or plan to cosplay from many o things, and will hopefully be attending some California conventions this year, along with doing their AA's!

So ya, hello! And hope to find some friends here XD
CoolCoolSkies is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-28-2017, 03:48 PM   #2
killerconch

Have you gone to any conventions there yet?
killerconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2017, 07:17 PM   #3
kong212

Hi coolcoolskies! I have to agree that it seems like a lot of people in Cali don't really socialize with each other Im not really a cosplayer but Ive been wanting to learn to sew and all that jazz. Are you going to any cons this year?
kong212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2017, 09:35 PM   #4
CoolCoolSkies

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerconch View Post
Have you gone to any conventions there yet?
*sigh*

No, I have not. I just moved here, so money is tight. So many people have asked this or recommended me that route, I feel like it should be obvious that I haven't lol

Btw I hope that doesn't come off as mean, I'm just venting a bit XD

And going off that, Kong I probably won't, unfortunately. But hopefully!

Hopefully it doesn't take that long to find friends ahha
Unread 03-01-2017, 04:28 AM   #5
killerconch

Well I'm in Socal pretty often if you want to hang out or plan a con trip.
killerconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2017, 10:21 AM   #6
CoolCoolSkies

Oh nice! Ya send me a pm, we could talk more!

Glad cosplay.com is working out XD hope more people come around to this thread!
Unread 03-01-2017, 02:44 PM   #7
kong212

Yea thats true moving definitely has you low on finances. Well Coolcoolskies im from SoCal specifically San Diego! Would be fun to talk more!
kong212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2017, 06:58 AM   #8
BrittishSpider

Hello

Hi ! I'm looking for some ppl to cosplay my fav anime black Butler with me
Male or female but mostly female s. I don't have much friends
out here where I live and it gets kinda lonely.if any one is interested
in being cosplay buds message me!(:

Anime Cons~

Anime A.LA 2017~Maybe. Anime Expo 2017

Current Cosplays~

Riku-KH2

Ciel Phantomhive

Alois Trancy-Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji

Rainbow Dash-My Little Pony

Future Cosplays

Fluttershy-MLP

???
???
???

More to come soon!
BrittishSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2017, 02:35 AM   #9
bad_luck
^_~

I moved here from the midwest, too! I lived in Minnesota all my life, and moved to San Diego about four years ago. And I too have been having trouble finding cosplay friends. I really miss hanging out with friends and working on costumes and bouncing ideas off each other.
I'd love to be friends! I'm a little on the old side (going to be 35 in May, when did this happen?!) but I still love cosplay. I mostly do anime costumes; I have a soft spot for '90s anime^-^. My current project is remaking my Amelia costume from Slayers. But I've also done Sokka from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Ziggy from Lazy Town, Gadget from Rescue Rangers, and Iruka from Naruto, to name a few. So I'm pretty open; if it's a character I really like, I'll cosplay it!
Welcome to SoCal! Awesome to meet another SoCal cosplayer. I'd definitely be up for going to a con whenever you're able.
bad_luck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2017, 11:52 AM   #10
CoolCoolSkies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_luck View Post
I moved here from the midwest, too! I lived in Minnesota all my life, and moved to San Diego about four years ago. And I too have been having trouble finding cosplay friends. I really miss hanging out with friends and working on costumes and bouncing ideas off each other.
I'd love to be friends! I'm a little on the old side (going to be 35 in May, when did this happen?!) but I still love cosplay. I mostly do anime costumes; I have a soft spot for '90s anime^-^. My current project is remaking my Amelia costume from Slayers. But I've also done Sokka from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Ziggy from Lazy Town, Gadget from Rescue Rangers, and Iruka from Naruto, to name a few. So I'm pretty open; if it's a character I really like, I'll cosplay it!
Welcome to SoCal! Awesome to meet another SoCal cosplayer. I'd definitely be up for going to a con whenever you're able.
That is a response I like to see! Gosh why is everyone so far away though XDD Ya the next time I'm able to go, I would love to meet up!
Unread 03-06-2017, 03:46 AM   #11
chibinekos

i'm from cali i've been here for about 5 years now and use to live in NY i really like the older anime shows like yu yu hakusho and dragon ball z and also liken to draw and collect anime and cosplaying and i know what you mean it's hard and i have had no luck either but anyways it would be cool to hang out sometime if you want to depending on where your at if you want to just pm me and let me know because i am always open to making new friends hope to hear from you soon
chibinekos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2017, 02:52 AM   #12
ivanclaysburgh
StarLord15

Hi CoolCoolSkies,

This is your friendly Star Lord speaking, welcoming you to California. I did want to mention that now you are here, you are so close to so many conventions. WonderCon is coming up at the end of March. I went there last year, and had a blast. The beautiful thing about it is that it's the same thing as ComicCon, only no long lines and you can actually move and get into panels, lol. It's also being held at Anaheim Convention Center again this year, so right next to Disneyland (win-win). Definitely would recommend it.
ivanclaysburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2017, 03:30 PM   #13
CoolCoolSkies

When I can check out the conventions here, I will definitely check out Wondercon!
Unread 03-21-2017, 12:59 AM   #14
bad_luck
^_~

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCoolSkies View Post
That is a response I like to see! Gosh why is everyone so far away though XDD Ya the next time I'm able to go, I would love to meet up!
Yeah, I had no idea before I moved here just how BIG the SoCal area is! Everything and everybody is spread so far apart. But anytime you want to go to a con--or even just hang out and work on costumes and stuff-- hit me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibinekos View Post
i'm from cali i've been here for about 5 years now and use to live in NY i really like the older anime shows like yu yu hakusho and dragon ball z and also liken to draw and collect anime and cosplaying and i know what you mean it's hard and i have had no luck either but anyways it would be cool to hang out sometime if you want to depending on where your at if you want to just pm me and let me know because i am always open to making new friends hope to hear from you soon
Squee! A fellow old-school anime cosplayer! I still have my Hiei costume from several years ago. We should all meet up at a con sometime soon, or just to hang out. Not sure what my con plans are this summer--D23 for sure, and maybe Anime Expo. Not sure about Wondercon yet. I haven't been, but it seems to be the one that a lot of SoCal locals attend.
bad_luck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 04:52 PM   #15
CoolCoolSkies

Oh, btw for anyone interested, I have a SoCal Cosplayers Discord! I'll make a separate thread for that later, but for now, here ya go!

https://discord.gg/U9jNP9e