Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 10-15-2014, 08:36 PM   #1
Aiuner

Pori-Con 2015

This seems like the best place to put this...

Hello everyone again! This time, instead of specifically seeking folks to cosplay with, I am instead here to attempt to represent and inform everyone of a "new" convention and hopefully get some supportive replies from the community here, such as expressions of interest and willingness to come to the convention and participate in it!

Pori-Con is a revamp of an older convention that used to be held at SUNYIT in Utica, NY. It is currently planned to be held from March 21-22 in 2015. We are taking what seemed to be the best things that actually WORKED and that people actually LIKED from the old convention, as well as incorporating new and (hopefully) fun things that we have seen and experienced at other conventions!

We are mostly just looking for an expression of interest, so if you are interested, please leave a post here! Also, I don't think anyone in the planning committee would mind if you also provide positive feedback such as suggestions for what we could do to make the convention more fun for people who would like to come to it. We're really just trying to get a feel for how many people are interested, as well figure out what events and such we should do.

So far a lot of good ideas have been thrown around during planning sessions, and I'd be happy to share any good ideas that are thrown around in this thread, as well.

If you are from the Utica area and would like to be more directly involved, you should be able to find us on FB, anyone else, we don't expect you to be too intimately involved in the convention besides just attending it, however, if you consider yourself a dealer and plan to attend, if you'd like to sell your goodies or volunteer your services, we'd be happy to hear from you.

There will most likely be a cosplay contest and OF COURSE we are encouraging cosplayers to attend, so, my fellow cosplayers, we'd really like to hear from you! (And don't worry, we won't be taking away everyone's props like what happened at NYCC 2014. Many of us on the planning board expressed great disdain. Just follow the rules for making props once they have been officially posted for the public to see!)

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I apologize if this thread is in an iffy location. We just really want to see some support for this convention so we have an idea just how many people are going to come! The better potential for success, the more we might be able to do!

-Aiuner, on behalf of the Pori-Con Planning Group
Aiuner is offline   Reply With Quote