Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 4.78 average.
Unread 05-25-2010, 08:43 PM   #31
Asbel Lhant

I'm single. Although unless you live near me and you're around the same age as me, the chances of forming a relationship with me on here is probably pretty slim.

Unread 05-25-2010, 10:16 PM   #32
~Ichigo~

I think ill be single soon *sigh*. Good luck to everyone out there though.

Last edited by ~Ichigo~ : 05-26-2010 at 08:26 PM.
~Ichigo~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2010, 03:39 AM   #33
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ichigo~ View Post
I think ill be single soon *sigh*.
If he or she reads that you're already posting on threads like this, you certainly will be :P

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2010, 06:08 PM   #34
techrabbit13

Question has anyone else had problems dating outside the community, especially when the person your dating finds out u cosplay? I mean theres always con/cosplay relationships for pairing an such, but what about the norms?
techrabbit13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2010, 07:58 PM   #35
Herr_Major
Sturmbannfuhrer Der SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by techrabbit13 View Post
Question has anyone else had problems dating outside the community, especially when the person your dating finds out u cosplay? I mean theres always con/cosplay relationships for pairing an such, but what about the norms?
The problem I more have is dating inside the community/fandom. Things tend to go bad when you break up and one of you is forced out for some reason. That has happened several times to me. Luckily my friends have been understanding and not given up on me they've supported me in the fandom etc and it has been all good.

I have had problems with women finding out I cosplay and thinking that is just too nerdy, but that is who you are and you shouldn't have to change everything for someone b/c they think it is weird. I mean there are worse things someone could do. I think it might be anime versus something like Star Wars/Star Trek. Since those were TV shows and are in science fiction genre and anime as several women I have known have said are "just cartoons."

But to each their own they either accept you or they don't that is just life. C'est La Vie.

Leader of Herr Major's Hellions A Proud Hellsing Cosplay Kampfgruppe.

http://community.livejournal.com/h_m_h/
Herr_Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #36
Kageh_Mygen
is still alive.

I'm single, but not actively looking (not saying I won't get into a relationship if the opportunity arises, I'm just not going out of my way to do so). I'm mostly just looking for friends these days (for that matter, I can't imagine starting a relationship without knowing the person, first. Thus, I feel actively looking on a website is folly). Still, I felt like posting here for no good reason.

On the topic of someone "finding out," that shouldn't be a problem. Hobbies are something that come up early in a friendship or relationship (unless you keep it a secret, in which case you're being a little foolish).

All this being said, I did sign up for the website someone mentioned in an earlier post. Partially to make friends, and partially because I tend to shamelessly self promote my costumes on social websites.

Last edited by Kageh_Mygen : 05-26-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Kageh_Mygen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2010, 08:30 PM   #37
~Ichigo~

edit

Last edited by ~Ichigo~ : 05-30-2010 at 12:33 AM.
Unread 05-26-2010, 09:14 PM   #38
xXOtakuMasterXx
a jack of all trades

ill tell you guys one thing hanging in there makes it just that much sweeter when you do find some one. i got really lucky and have some one that does not care to much about who we cosplay.she does want me to do "yaoi cosplay" witch does kinda bother me but at the same time i know the one i love is behind that cosplay so it does not bother me but the big reason i was lucky is because she has a heart of gold. so stay in there guys and gals its hard at times but it will just be all the much more sweet in the end.
Unread 05-28-2010, 06:34 AM   #39
jerry217

everybody should just hang in there, everyone will meet that perfect other and if not, we'll screw it, no one to worry about except yourself haha...ha...ha ......i hate my life -.-' LOL
Unread 05-28-2010, 06:35 AM   #40
jerry217

by the way, i didnt actually mean screw like screw, i meant like forget about it >.>
Unread 05-28-2010, 01:11 PM   #41
amazingT

I would love a relationship with a woman into the things that I am into, I haven't been looking though. I have made some great friends along the way. Funny thing is when I find a bit of attraction with someone, they're not usually local. They usually live several states away. Women I meet locally aren't "geeky" or simply want sex. Weird, I thought we men were supposed to be the ones on the prowl LOL! Wish me luck on finding my nerdgirl!
amazingT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 02:16 PM   #42
PINO~
I got some. Nya, nya!

KUNICHIWA Everyone!

I am Pino. (^_^ )<
S.Florida

So yeah I am single as well, not actively looking, but meh if an angel falls from the heavens on top of me I am not going to shoo it away.

Actually, some of my recent hookups thought it strange that I cosplay, and actually I believe thats what led a few of them to continue walking on by... leaving me behind. Yes I tell them from the get go. Honesty is important afterall.

I have never dated a girl that cosplays per say, and I would assume it would be either a great experience or a horrific one... if her costumes are just awesome and people continue questioning her about that trash with legs following her around the con... which happens to be my cosplay...

Yet, what the heck lets give this gamble a try and see what lady luck has in store for us all.

Good luck everyone,

m(_ _)m

P.S. Don't watch Clannad single... it fills you with warm fuzzy feelings that make you want to reach out and hug someone and when the only thing you can hug is a pillow it kinda further illustrates the loneliness. LOL!

DRUKEN CAT: Cosplay Group

CHIBI-PA! MONSTER HUNTER COMETH!
MONSTER HUNTER: BITE SIZED @ CHIBI-PA SAMPLER! SUCCESS!
MONSTER HUNTER @ CHIBI-PA GO!!!!!
PINO~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 03:43 PM   #43
~Ichigo~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry217 View Post
everybody should just hang in there, everyone will meet that perfect other and if not, we'll screw it, no one to worry about except yourself haha...ha...ha ......i hate my life -.-' LOL
haha poor jerry *pats*
Unread 05-30-2010, 12:32 AM   #44
PrincessKairiH.
Final Fantasy Fan

I'm single and a cosplayer. I'm not going out and looking for love. Love happens for a reason.
PrincessKairiH. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2010, 01:01 AM   #45
WolfCC
Musashi's Disciple

I'm single as well.

I just broke up with my GF of like 7 months... 3 weeks ago was it?
We're still super cool friends, but idk, the spark is gone, so thats all we are.

No females around here love anime and that's kind of lame. T.T
Regardless, I guess it'll be asking for too much for a girl to have so much common ground with me.

If I could meet a girl out there who does:
Parkour, Martial Arts, Tricking, Dancing, and watches anime then I will definitely be in love.

But those don't exist!
A boy can dream... T,T
WolfCC is offline   Reply With Quote