Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Costume-Con

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-16-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
LadyoftheThread
stitcher of fantasies

Ideas for CC29?

Itís probably a bit early to ask but does anyone already have ideas for CC29? I wasnít able to make it to CC28 but Iím registered for next year and excited about the Broadway theme since I love musicals.

I see that future fashion folio submissions are open and pattern choices for the single pattern contest have been announced (http://cc29nj.com/singlepattern.aspx). Plus, Historical Masquerade rules have been posted (http://cc29nj.com/historical.aspx) with an additional category for theatrical costumes and going up to the end of 1980.

I donít think Iíll do the single pattern or historical since I have a big project I want to do for SF&F with some friends who havenít been to Costume Con before. Plus, one of the anime cons I regularly attend is the weekend before.

I do want to make something for the Broadway theme although Iím undecided on what. Although there are a lot of shows I love, it seems really hard for me to come up with a combination of a show that I love, a character that I like and could pull off, and a design that I like enough to make. Right now, Iím a bit tempted by Pollyís white dress from the Crazy for You finale (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVCFhJRh4mI) but those feathery tufts at the bottom look like they should be ostrich and would probably be way out of my budget for just a hall costume.

What shows are the rest of you considering doing costumes from?
Next conventions: Anime Boston 2011, Costume Con 29
LadyoftheThread is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-17-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
stardust462
SNES obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyoftheThread View Post
Plus, one of the anime cons I regularly attend is the weekend before.
Anime Boston, right? I'm kind of bummed about that because I think that may keep a lot of my friends from being able to go.

I'm definitely going. I want to at a minimum do historical, and I have a few ideas for that, and I'll probably have more now with the rules that were posted (that Theatrical Costume category looks awesome). I'd love to do SF&F again, I just need to pick something. I think I want to do something CLAMP, maybe Magic Knight Rayearth or RG Veda.

What I really want to do is a Sera Myu costume, because it kind of fits with the theme. It would be cool to get a group together for that.
AnimeCons.com ~ AnimeCons TV
stardust462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 10:46 AM   #3
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

I want to do Cyd Charisse's green outfit from Singin' in the Rain (movie musical, not Broadway, but eh) and I'm sure there will be designs in the Folio I want to make. I'm also very tempted by the 30s dress in the Single Pattern as I've been watching a lot of old movies while sewing lately.

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

www.costumecon32.com

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 08:40 PM   #4
Twink
Twinkle, twinkle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcasm-hime View Post
I want to do Cyd Charisse's green outfit from Singin' in the Rain
I just love that scene, and that dress. Looking forward to seeing it.

I was very excited to hear the theme this year, I had a few Broadway costume ideas planned so this works out perfectly. I've been working on a Eliza Doolittle Ascot dress from the (film version) of My Fair Lady. Looking forward to walking into walls in my obnoxious, giant hat.

Have a few other ideas, but it's a long way between now and April....and plans always change.
This will be my first CC, so I'm still debating on whether I want to enter the Masquerade. May just hang around and observe.
Twink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 08:52 PM   #5
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

I've got to decide whether we'll have time and money for both masquerades. At the very least, you can PROBABLY expect to see our historical - Cold War: The Musical.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 10:38 PM   #6
Berzerker_prime
Harmless Historical Nut

I have so many ideas rattling around in my brain right now, I don't know where to start. I'll have to assess my ideas and figure out which I can actually reasonably be expected to tackle. I've never actually told a story on stage and I really want to try doing it.

This, of course, assuming that I can actually make it to CC29...

Masquerade Director for Geek.Kon.2013

Chairman - Costume Con Madison, 2016
Berzerker_prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2010, 12:34 PM   #7
RaDragon76
Outlaw Robin

We're debating what musical costumes to do at the moment. We really want to do something from an obscure show we like but we really haven't been able to come up with one that people haven't at least heard of. We'll probably just fall back on ones that are our favorites instead.

We do have a plan locked in for the SF-F masquerade but it's really just something for fun and not at all serious. We are also doing a little research to see if our first choice of costume for the Historical masquerade is even feasible. If there aren't enough references than we'll have to move to the next choice.
Unread 05-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #8
trixyloupwolf
A LONELY kitty

i would like to do like cats nya!!
did ya know i loooooooooove all cats nya!! ^^""

but alone is sad sad =_=''''

but its my wanted to do list nya!!

were no one is...there i should hide and awaite.....
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1_edited-2.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...600x120-v4.jpg
trixyloupwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2010, 12:59 PM   #9
macbeemer

I'm planning a Glinda bubble dress from "Wicked" at some point. I love all those costumes so much. But I'd also love to do something crazy and sparkly and over-the-top Broadway (/jazzhands), too. Maybe an historic dress in the theme of La Cage Aux Folles... I dunno! There are so many great shows to choose from.
Unread 06-20-2010, 09:23 PM   #10
jusdepomme
Beyond Dreams Cosplay

I'm looking toward a flapper dress for the historical masquerade. I really like the roaring 20s so I thought it could be a great dress to make. Still don't know what to do for the Sci-Fi masquerade thought

Follow your dreams, who knows where they'll get you?

jusdepomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 11:43 AM   #11
RaDragon76
Outlaw Robin

I think we've finally narrowed down our entries for both the Sci-Fi and the Historical Masquerades yesterday after scrapping several ideas that we had. From the looks of things the two are entirely interchangable with a few adjustments. I can't wait to get started.
Unread 06-25-2010, 01:16 PM   #12
von Drago
Well, you're wrong!

I have ideas, what I don't have is time.

Anybody got a good source for that
von Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 02:01 PM   #13
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

Since I couldn't make it to CC28, I've been overflowing with ideas for, like, a year or so. I think I finally have my mind made up. My idea for the historical masquerade relates to my thesis on brewing history and science. And for the sci-fi/fantasy masquerade, I was hoping to keep it a secret, but I let it slip in another thread. And my lj. And on facebook. Sooo, I'm planning on making Lady Gaga's EPIC disco ball dress. Sooooo excited to make it.
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 12:08 PM   #14
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

I'm doing Madonna's gray suit from "Express Yourself" as a hall costume. Now I have to pick some of my old costumes to wear in the hall too.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 12:39 PM   #15
RaDragon76
Outlaw Robin

We have a few new ideas for wearing in the hall and we have gotten the okay for our secondary choice for historical. We have also decided we are going to enter the Sci-Fi/Fantasy this year as well as the Future Fashion Show pending anything of interest in the Future Fashion Folio. I can't wait to get started although actual construction on things won't start until sometime in the fall. We still have a few costumes for this year to finish. And, yes, I am keeping things under wraps for now.