Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Costume-Con

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-27-2010, 04:00 PM   #16
von Drago
Well, you're wrong!

[quote=RaDragon76;3566663] we have gotten the okay for our secondary choice for historical. QUOTE]

You had to have it okayed? What's up with that?

But yeah for over-achieving & trying everything!!
von Drago is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-27-2010, 07:40 PM   #17
trixyloupwolf
A LONELY kitty

i wanted a groupe but iam always alone in cosplay stuff

nah its just happen my friend and i have diferent interest ^^ so its ok ^^

but if any like to team up ^^
i have great idea nya^^

this year gonna be awsome nya
i have so many idea haha^^
ill try my best =_= like i always sometime its not even enough lol
o well well see ill just enjoy haha^^

i love contest costume its awsome it has so many ^^ nya^^

i wanna enter all contest haha as many as i can fullfill hahahaha^^

were no one is...there i should hide and awaite.....
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1_edited-2.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...600x120-v4.jpg
trixyloupwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 10:47 PM   #18
RaDragon76
Outlaw Robin

[quote=von Drago;3566994]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaDragon76 View Post
we have gotten the okay for our secondary choice for historical. QUOTE]

You had to have it okayed? What's up with that?

But yeah for over-achieving & trying everything!!
Actually, it was more on the order of having Byron clarify something for us rather than having the actual costumes themselves okayed since they could have worked in several catagories anyway. I suppose I should have tried to be a little more clear there.

As for over-achieving and all...well you know us. We're always up for something new (Future Fashion Show) and we haven't competed in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy masquerade since CC26. At the moment we're working out a few kinks in the costumes for the SF-F and trying to work up a presentation while getting costumes ready for Archon. Then there should be plenty of time for the rest once Archon is over and things get back to normal here.
Unread 09-01-2010, 08:17 PM   #19
Ironhill

This is the second C C I'm going to but the first time I'm compeating. Right now I'm planning a Revolunary War officers uniform for the historical. I've never done a historical before and I'm not sure what is wanted in the documatation. For the SF/F I am thinking of a Steampunk Ambassitor. I know it isn't part of the theme but it should do.
Ironhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #20
gamergirlx
Tentacle Seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhill View Post
This is the second C C I'm going to but the first time I'm compeating. Right now I'm planning a Revolunary War officers uniform for the historical. I've never done a historical before and I'm not sure what is wanted in the documatation. For the SF/F I am thinking of a Steampunk Ambassitor. I know it isn't part of the theme but it should do.
I'm sure you already know, but information about the documentation requirements can be found on the website (Section 10:a): http://cc29nj.com/historical.aspx

I've seen people with detailed portfolios, though brief is usually best. If you have questions, email Byron (historical at cc29nj dot com). He'll be more than willing to help you out.
My Cosplay Website: www.gamergirlx.com
My Cosplay Facebook Page:
Just For Fun: Click here to help me grow my city
gamergirlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2010, 10:04 AM   #21
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quick question:

Does this mean we have to compete as Masters in Historical this year?

Quote:
Journeyman: The Journeyman level is an intermediate level to allow further development of costuming skills. You may not enter at the Journeyman level if, at a Costume-Con historical masquerade, you (1) have won four awards at the Journeyman level, (2) have won an award at the Master level, (3) have won Best in Show, or (4) have a costume Laurel or (5) are a historic costume professional (as defined above).
For reference, we were competing as Novices last year as it was our first CC masquerade, but we won Best in Show in the Historical Masquerade. I thought we only had to move up to Journeyman.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 01:05 AM   #22
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

*flail of excitement*

I think I just convinced my besty to come to costume con with me and help me do something epic for the historical masquerade. Eeee! Part of me wishes it was sooner, but then all of the less fun stuff happening this year would be sooner too.
youtu be channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2010, 12:08 PM   #23
RaDragon76
Outlaw Robin

I'm not even going to bother posting any ideas for awhile since we keep changing our minds about things. The only things I know for sure are that we are definantly planning on attending CC, we're entering in the Doll Contest and that we are sending in several designs for the Future Fashion Folio. We also have a list of hall costumes that we want to do although that also keeps changing. We've pretty much scrapped our idea for the Historical and have decided to take the year off from it or at least we have as of this moment in time. That could change though if the right idea comes along. I believe we are still planning to enter the SciF-F but again that could change.

Last edited by RaDragon76 : 09-20-2010 at 12:11 PM.
RaDragon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 02:53 AM   #24
gamergirlx
Tentacle Seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergeekgirl View Post
Quick question:

Does this mean we have to compete as Masters in Historical this year?

For reference, we were competing as Novices last year as it was our first CC masquerade, but we won Best in Show in the Historical Masquerade. I thought we only had to move up to Journeyman.
I got in touch with Byron and he had this to say,

Quote:
I remember your work; it's master quality.

I do not want to scare off entries; however, the answer is "yes the entry that won Best in Show at CC 28 Historical must enter the CC 29 Historical in the master division." The ICG Fairness Guidelines state that an entrant who has won Best in Show in international competition may not enter the Journeyman division in subsequent international-level competitions (Worldcon, Costume-Con, and Anime North). Unfortunately, the CC 28 photos have not yet been posted on Costume-ConNections.org, so I wasn't able to look at the BiS Historical last year.

...please tell the persons asking the question that this happened to me. I was a Novice who was part of the best in Show entry at Torcon III and now must enter the Master division, so I know that doing so is not a disaster. The Master division, after all, is an open division; anyone may enter, and many do even when they are not precluded from entering a more restricted division.

And feel free to contact Byron if you still have any worries.
Unread 09-21-2010, 11:44 AM   #25
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamergirlx View Post
I got in touch with Byron
Hmmm... Okay. I guess I'm just a little scared of competing as a master at CC, but I can do it if it would be more fair. I don't FEEL like I'm worthy of competing against other costumes I've seen up there.
Unread 09-21-2010, 01:08 PM   #26
gamergirlx
Tentacle Seller

It's all in good fun though, isn't it?

I've actually never competed at Journeyman either, I kinda went straight from Novice to Masters level for the cons I compete at, so just have fun with it.
Unread 10-15-2010, 09:44 AM   #27
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

We realized after Archon that it may be entirely impossible to transport what we were going to enter in F&SF. It took both cars to take it to Archon, and unless I can figure out how to consolidate so that we can put it AND our other costumes in one car, it's not going.

Or maybe someone in the SLCG will rent a van with us.

I have to finish the Hetalia stuff I promised for Bishie Con, but I'm finishing research on our historical right now (medals and ribbons and such). It feels like a late start. *sigh*

I'm not feeling as bad about Master Class now because we've now won two Best in Class awards at regional cons. I guess, at this point, I'd be an ass if I entered as a Journeyman anywhere.
Unread 10-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #28
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

I'm trying to figure out what my plans are. Think we might have a group for the SF/F, and I'm sure I'll want to do Single Pattern and/or Folio, plus I have a Historical idea.....and won't have time for everything. :P

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2010, 09:38 AM   #29
RaDragon76
Outlaw Robin

We've entered designs into the Folio this year and have had our entry for the Doll Contest already chosen months ago. We've just decided on our Historical Entry for this year and have started research on it. The costumes are not that difficult but there is a crap ton of embellishments again, some of which we haven't tried before so it should be fun. We've also tentatively decided to enter the SF-F with another set of costumes and I think we have our hall costumes mostly worked out. All that's left is to buy the necessary materials and to get started.
Unread 10-16-2010, 11:47 AM   #30
Ironhill

[quote=supergeekgirl;3668981]We realized after Archon that it may be entirely impossible to transport what we were going to enter in F&SF. It took both cars to take it to Archon, and unless I can figure out how to consolidate so that we can put it AND our other costumes in one car, it's not going.

Or maybe someone in the SLCG will rent a van with us.

At CC 27 I saw a group that rented a trailor for all their stuff. It you have a hitch on your vechile you might want to concider that.

Right now I'm waiting for the Folio to be released so I can pick what I'm gonna make.
Ironhill is offline   Reply With Quote