Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AnimeNEXT

View Poll Results: Do you 0wn at Soul Calibur II?
LOL, do you even have to ask? > ph33r me. 5 38.46%
I'm pretty good with <insert name here> 5 38.46%
I've played a few tumes... probably could beat a novice. 2 15.38%
... >.> What's the name of that Greek girl again...? 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-14-2003, 12:06 AM   #1
Vespaa
Dead in Valkurm Dunes. D:

Open Soul Calibur II challenge.

At BAAF, it was too crowded, and I didn't get to even go into the game room like I wanted too. I was only there for one day, also...

But since Anime NEXT is smaller, I'd like to issue a Soul Calibur II challenge. I've been playing the original Soul Blade since 1996, and I'm looking for some good competition, as is my boyfriend.

I know they'll be having an official SCII tournament, but other than that, I'd like to have my OWN challenges with people, because I'm fairly confident I could whoop a lot of people there.

If you think you can take me OR my boyfriend (Who I'm sort of even with) at SCII, look for a Rinoa who'll be there most likely more than one day since the con is very close to me, named Vanessa, and my b/f who'll most likely be cosplaying as Sephiroth again. (His name is Mike)

The rules will be like any official tourney rules, none of the console exclusive characters, THREE FULL matches, 2/3 will decide the winner. (It could last up to a grueling nine rounds if both players are good. )

I look forward to kicking your ass in SCII at Anime NEXT! (Or having my ass kicked. :P)
Vespaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-14-2003, 11:10 PM   #2
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

::Raises an eyebrow:::

Well, seeing how I ran the gameroom at BaaF (last minute news to me, please don't hate me for that, there are reasons that are actually my fault), and have been dropping ppl in SC2 for months nows in Chinatown, I'm gonna have to accept. My question is are we allowed to bring our own controllers to this thing, coz this a ps2 tourney, and I would like to use my arcade stick, El Bob Rey Version 2.0

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2003, 01:59 AM   #3
Vespaa

LOL, well I'm not in charge of anything at SCII, but I know they have out of tourney play too at these things, and you'd be allowed to use your arcade stick for that, I'm sure. I don't have it for the PS2, so the controls will be a bit new to me, but I'm still game.

I can probably kick your ass. So can my b/f. ^.^ Arcade stick and all!
Unread 09-15-2003, 02:09 PM   #4
diqitaldreams
Rock Lee Fangirl!

WOOHAA! Soul Calibur competition! I accept your challenge...given that it's on the right date..it's on saturday yes? ;.; cause I can't make it any other day.. chuu..but if it is, I totally will be there! ^_^ I've been looking for someone to fight anyway...I'm getting bored of fighting against the computer. <:B Hope I give somewhat of a challenge to you.
Unread 09-15-2003, 03:56 PM   #5
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Ah looks who's joined us. This should prove interest, seeing how the last time we threw it down DD was on ze X-box and it resulted in a tie.....I've learned a few tricks since then though....

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 09-15-2003, 11:39 PM   #6
diqitaldreams
Rock Lee Fangirl!

x_x I don't do well on the X-Box control as well as I should...but I adapt.
Unread 09-16-2003, 11:06 PM   #7
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Hey I'm not good with any of the console controllers thanks to the arcade stick....but i started using the ps2 one for pratice, just incase el bobo rey is banned

Unread 09-18-2003, 03:36 PM   #8
diqitaldreams
Rock Lee Fangirl!

< I'm getting very well adapted to the GC controls. *_* I love Link. ::huggles plushie:: myu...but yeah...I have to practice some more... @_@; I still need to get the basics of a few characters down.

Note to self: HOW IS RAPHAEL FRENCH?! ::twitch::
Unread 09-18-2003, 04:37 PM   #9
Ookami05
Banned

!!!! I want to go to animenext now and play with my Cassie (Cassandra for all that dont know) damn i want to go ;_;
Ookami05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2003, 11:15 AM   #10
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Nargh, fairy boy's horrible cheap ::Trust me, I nearly strangled my friend after he kept on tossing bombs and arrows at me....::

As for Ralphy, I think he's by far my most hated character. I would say Nightmare would be a close second, but he looks so friggin cool.....so yeah Maxi in second...

Unread 09-21-2003, 10:32 PM   #11
diqitaldreams
Rock Lee Fangirl!

I don't mind Raphael... I don't mind anyone really..but I have a strange blahness for mitsurugi..he's a good character, but I can't use him. LoL. XD So yeah...
Unread 09-22-2003, 12:34 AM   #12
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Ditto. He looks so cool in his extra costume, and Vic and Chip use him but I dunno...partial to Kilik ::shrugs::

Unread 09-23-2003, 10:04 PM   #13
Kakashi718

Talking DO I smell Challengers?

Well...Well...
Been awhile but Dragon is back...and I see many people talking of Challenges at the SC2 tourney...I will say this...Mitsurugi is the SHOWSTOPPA!!!! The MAIN EVENT!!!!!! An Champion....nuff said...

see you there...

ttyl

Dre
Kakashi718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2003, 01:00 AM   #14
Vespaa

Look for me on Friday and Saturday... I've been practicing, and I can't wait to kick the ass I've been wanting to kick! But the whole PS2 controller thing has been worrying me... gotta learn the controls all over again. x_x

Hopefully I'll sign up in time for the tourney on Saturday night. ^^;

I've chosen my character, and I hope I can decimate with them! (I'm still deciding between two people... but I kinda don't wanna say who yet.)
Unread 10-05-2003, 01:02 PM   #15
Vialoi Ketsueke
The vexatious one.

If only I wasn't sick. ..shoot. I always miss the tournaments that I have a chance at.
Vialoi Ketsueke is offline   Reply With Quote