Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Photoshoot Scheduling

Unread 05-21-2010, 11:44 PM   #1
RikuKitty
Riku the Sea Lion

Photographer Available - Anime Expo 2010 (13ofHEARTS Photography)

Hello, I'm Riku from 13ofHEARTS Photography. I'm trying to gain more diversity in my portfolio, and what better way than to include something most people don't have. Cosplayers! I'm offering my skills for people who'd like a photographer for an hour or two (less or more, whatever you like). It's free and pictures can be sent through email (which would also be free) or physical prints (which would cost materials, shipping, etc.)

For those who do want to participate in my portfolio project, but are underage, I can send a release form for parents to sign. This is to keep any legal issues from arising if parents do have a problem with their kids showing up on a website. For those who are 18+, I will still need a release form signed, also for legal purposes. Details can be set as to what the pictures will be allowed to be used for (art shows, stationary, advertising, etc.). All names and information will be kept to give proper credit to the cosplayers.

So yeah, sign up! Ask questions, such and so. I'll keep a list of when I'm taken for in this post.

Thursday, July 1:

Friday, July 2:

Saturday, July 3:

Sunday, July 4:
RikuKitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-22-2010, 12:00 AM   #2
KH_fanGirl_SW
Balloon Theif

I would like to do this!
my sister and I are going as characters from World of Warcraft and we would like to get pictures.
Day 3

let me know where you will be and we will be there

oh my name is Chloe and my sister's name is Kate.
I will be a t5 priest and she will be t9 druid night elf.
Unread 05-22-2010, 12:04 AM   #3
Ayame Uchiha
...got it memorized?

:3

Finally someone coming to AX!! I should hug you right now, if there werent a computer monitor in my way lol. I totally want to have a photoshoot for AX. It would be my first, and im searching all around this site trying to find people to take my pics. It is very tedious and a long process x.x

Anywho, i was planning on trying to get my deep dive riku in for a photoshoot, as well as possibly my Soi Fong, but i wasnt sure which >< But first, i need to find a photographer lolz.

Just a few questions, what days are you going to AX, what time of day would you be willing to take them, would it be ok if my friend could join me, and would the pics be super special awesome :3 that is all lol.

Sakuracon, WA
Fanime, CA
Anime Expo, CA
SDCC, CA

Cosplays

Korra: Legend of Korra book 2
Armin: Attack on Titan (SnK)
Blake Belladona: RWBY
Matoi Ryuko: Kill la Kill
Aoba Seragaki: DRAMAtical Murder
Sailor Flame Princess: Sailor Moon/Adventure time crossover
Nagisa/Fem!Nagisa: Free!

Ayame Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 12:31 AM   #4
RikuKitty
Riku the Sea Lion

KH_fanGirl_SW: Sounds great! I'll make sure I don't have any plans that day and PM you when I know for sure.

Ayame Uchiha: Ah, you do Deep Dive Riku too? me too! I'm going all days and I'm free most of the time. There are probably a few things I'll want to do, but I doubt that will get in the way too much. As for friends, the more the merrier! Also, I'm using a canon rebel xt and have no problem with bring sprawled on the ground to get the perfect shot. These pics will be super special awesome, definitely. I may also be able to bring my laptop along so I can show you immediately on a big screen how your pictures look.
Unread 05-22-2010, 12:52 AM   #5
Ayame Uchiha
...got it memorized?

This would be my first time doing Deep Dive. I already had the cloak from eariler in the years when i cosplayed as Xemnas. So i wanted to try someone new and go with Riku x3. Just got to find a good material for a see-through blindfold lol.

Ooo, sprawling, the best kind! xD I dont want you rolling all over the ground trying to take pictures of me lol. But if you want, thats all up to you lol. But yeah, if i go as Riku, i would prefer if we did the shoot later on in the day. The leather cloak gets pretty hot in the sun, and i almost had a heatstroke cosplaying as Xemnas in 08' for the KH gathering XD!!

Sakuracon, WA
Fanime, CA
Anime Expo, CA
SDCC, CA

Cosplays

Unread 05-22-2010, 01:14 AM   #6
RikuKitty
Riku the Sea Lion

Ah, get chiffon and give it three layers. That's how I did mine and it works awesome! Later is fine, that way the sunset colors will give it a nice look.
Unread 05-22-2010, 01:24 AM   #7
Ayame Uchiha
...got it memorized?

Sounds good, ill give it a try thanks. ^^ To the fabric store for me when i have time. lol
~btw, got your request on facebook x3. Your b-day is a few days after mine. Go July peoples lol.

I cant wait to do this, i can tell its already going to be tons of fun! Only 6 wks and counting till expo, and now im more excited then ever x3. Most likely, i would want it to be on day 2, since 3 is masquerade, and 1 is caotic shopping/dancing day. So 2 would probably be better for me.

Sakuracon, WA
Fanime, CA
Anime Expo, CA
SDCC, CA

Cosplays

Unread 05-22-2010, 01:26 AM   #8
StarlitHellsing

This year my friends and I are doing a midnight tea contest entry and we would love for some pictures to be taken! We're basing our entry off of Hellsing.
We're also going to be alternately cosplaying Hellsing and a Miyazaki girl group throughout the con so any time you're not busy.
StarlitHellsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 05:06 AM   #9
RikuKitty
Riku the Sea Lion

Ayame Uchiha: Awesome! I'm all excited too~! Looking forward to meet you. Yay leos!

StarlitHellsing: Like, at midnight? And it is a "who can make the best tea" contest? I'm curious of the details ^__^ if it's midnight though, I'm not sure if I can as my ride to where I'll be staying during ax would probably be headed home by then. If there was a way I could stay with you guys that night, it'd work better.
Unread 05-22-2010, 12:45 PM   #10
StarlitHellsing

Ya, it is at midnight and actually we cannot even have real tea at the contest. haha. It is who can make the best lolita style costumes basically and then we have to have a tea set and stuff with a bunch of fake food. I can ask the people I'm sharing a hotel room with if you could stay with us that night, but even then the tea isn't over until 2 in the morning then we have to clean up so you might not want to stick around for that long.
StarlitHellsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 01:37 PM   #11
Ayame Uchiha
...got it memorized?

Ive never gone to Midnight Tea before, but ive seen the costumes. They are so beautiful and made to perfection. Ive only seen the people get their awards at Masquerade, but ive heard Midnight Tea is fun, minus the fake food. lol

@Riku: Hey, i saw you were going to the Organization gathering too! Maybe we could have the photoshoot after the gathering since we would already be together as the Riku's lol. x3

Sakuracon, WA
Fanime, CA
Anime Expo, CA
SDCC, CA

Cosplays

Unread 05-23-2010, 05:14 PM   #12
Garnet Runestar
Elrowiel

Just curious, do you have examples of your work? I have you ever dealt with large costumes/dress trains?
I have a few costumes I'm bringing that I am interested in having shoots of. What days/times are you available?

Yay, deviant art!
Garnet Runestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2010, 11:08 PM   #13
Rinoa07
Anemic Royalty

I'd love to have a shoot, particularly of my Re-L Mayer costume from Ergo Proxy. I think I'll be wearing the costume either on Friday or Saturday, if you have any slots open?
Unread 06-07-2010, 02:48 AM   #14
heeroyuy135
Cali Con Blog

Found someone else, thanks for offering though

Last edited by heeroyuy135 : 06-09-2010 at 01:23 AM.
heeroyuy135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 04:56 PM   #15
StarAssassin
Hyaa-hoooooo!

I would love a photoshoot on Friday for my Shadow Star Black Star cosplay. The Soul Eater gathering is at 4, how does noon sound for you?
Trickster!Jake (Homestuck)
Armin Arlelt (Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan)
Young Link (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina/Majora)

StarAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote