Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
PockyMonsta

Are you a victim of cellulite?. Do you hate seeing it?

So i have fallen victim to the ugly cottage cheese skin AKA cellulite. Im 18 and actually quite fit, not skinny but not fat. Unfortually i have alot of cellulite on my legs and i mean ALOT.

I sometimes cosplay characters which are a bit revealing though now i have fallen victim to cellulite i dont exactly want to clear out the short high school cosplays all together. I personally have enough confidence in myself to go out and wear a short or revealing cosplay to a convention. Though i want to know what is the veiw on seeing girls in short/revealing cosplays that have cellulite? Do people look down on you? Are you classed as unattractive and so on?

I know their is the panty hose to cover up some of the cellulite. Though it doesnt do all of its justice for me =[.

So any tips or suggestions on how to cover up cellulite? and what are your thoughts of seeing it? Are you a victim as well? If so please tell how you cope with it ^^
PockyMonsta is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-25-2010, 12:46 PM   #2
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Most people above the age of 16 DO have some amount of cellulite, though I've been told that tanning can reduce the appearance of it.

When I was a teenage I was about 30lbs heavier and since loosing the weight I've noticed the cellulite marks as well as stretch lines on my hips.I was a size 16/18 I am now an 8/10. Though I don't trust the 'miracle creams' sold at drug stores that claim to erase cellulite ENTIRELY.

I've resigned to simply making shorts and skirts longer for characters I want to try, though any ideas would help too.

Also, should this be moved to the Makeup forum?
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2010, 12:49 PM   #3
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Cellulite is an odd thing.
You can be model-thin and have cellulite (I've seen it quite often.) Usually, it appears in people who have been naturally thin most of their lives, but who haven't done any strenuous sports-related activities throughout their lives, or in people who have been overweight, then lost quite a bit of weight. Is it essentially lumpy fat held just beneath the skin.
A great deal of it is genetic, though, and you can only do so much to stop it.

But here are a few things that can only help.

1. Drink LOTS of water. We're talking two liters a day. (But this is a good thing. You'll feel better. )
2. Stay away from sodium. Always check sodium content in anything.
3. Excercise.

If you want, you can use a cellulite cream or "firming" lotion. I recommend Soap and Glory's cream ($12 at Target.)

And don't feel bad or anything. 98% of women have cellulite, including celebrities and models, who are often photoshopped.

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

Raistlin Majere
Ninetails Gijinka
Morticia Addams (couple's cosplay)
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #4
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

Nearly every woman, and some men, have cellulite. By "nearly every" I don't mean 60% or even 80%; I mean that ninety-five or more out of every hundred women you see every day. There is no medically effective way to eliminate it or smooth it, and don't think people haven't been looking. Home remedies and expensive salon products alike will swear up and down that they work: they don't. There is nothing that will re-arrange the placement of the fat cells that make up cellulite. Get a nice early start on accepting it as a fact of life.

If you're bothered by it, wear hose or tights. Nobody else will be paying as much attention to it as you are.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)

Last edited by Mangochutney : 05-25-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2010, 01:07 PM   #5
PockyMonsta

Thanks everyone. I was just worried that some people may be digusted by the matter. I understand thats there is barely anything i can do about it and ill just have to live with it. Was just concerned if other people seeing me cosplay would actually have a problem witnessing it ><!~
Unread 05-25-2010, 01:11 PM   #6
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

Focus instead on your own confidence and well-being. You do not have a duty to please everyone who happens to see your legs. You are not a decoration.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2010, 01:13 PM   #7
PockyMonsta

Thanks for the confidence boost Mangochutney ^^. Im no longer afraid to do my dream cosplays =]
Unread 05-25-2010, 07:16 PM   #8
char99char
Crazy for costumes

Rock it and wear the short skirts like you mean it!

I am a bit older - and my legs are a little heavier than I would like - but I got nothing but grins running around Vegas on Halloween. I even had one woman compliment me and said she could never pull it off - and she was about as petite as could be. It's all about the attitude. Enjoy!

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2561748/
char99char is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2010, 06:04 AM   #9
Satine
'Geddon cosplay judge

Remember ads and women's mags and "entertainment" shows only sell when they instill fear about the natural and normal There are some right dingers on at the moment prying on social anxiety to do with perspiration* and other body normalty.

As MangoChutney says it's a universal thing. And if people are disgusted by it they really need to pull head from where the sun does not shine!

*Especially great when the "stats" they use are about how many people are worried about an issue and not those who actually have the issue...
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2010, 03:30 PM   #10
nyokun
Difficult? I'll do it!

I find that wearing two pairs of panty hose helps to to smooth out everything.

If its Good and Cheap, it wont be Fast
If its Fast and Cheap, it wont be Good
If its Fast and Good it wont be Cheap
nyokun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2010, 09:19 PM   #11
T'Orlyn
Im not Daredevil

I'm 10 lbs underweight and even I have cellulite on my upper thighs.
Working out doesn't necessarily help all that much because I run regularly and I still have it.
The models who you see who don't have an ounce of it are often photoshopped.

In short, don't worry about it.

I mean, no offense to anyone but it's not attractive to see significantly overweight women in very very small and revealing costumes (I have seen a chick who must have weighed 350lbs dressed as Yoko from TTGL before) but cellulite is something we all have a bit of and isn't an issue.
T'Orlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2010, 10:46 PM   #12
jai

I honestly don't think people will even see it.

I just wear tights myself.
Unread 05-28-2010, 01:03 AM   #13
karinka Chick

i just posted something about this they make patchs and a cream that help to eat away cellulite, i use them all the time before i go on vacation of so a more revealing cotume, i dont know exactly how it works it tells you in the box lol...but yea http://www.amazon.com/Nivea-Good-Bye.../dp/B000O3SSGQ they are sooooo great
Unread 06-06-2010, 08:44 PM   #14
Transmute Jun
Queen of the Bird Missile

I have quite a short skirt on one of my costumes and that area of my thighs is quite visible. I find that dancer's flesh-colored tights hide quite a lot, and they are very acceptable as part of a Con costume. You can even buy kinds that 'compress' a bit, if you think that would help.
Transmute Jun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 07:12 AM   #15
fujyoshi
BL goggles :D

that must be why my butt is all dimply >:

anyway dunno if this'll work but I saw it on the doctor oz show and it had atleast a slight stamp of approval. Take brown sugar, coffee grinds, and olive oil and mix together then rub it on the areas in a circular motion.

Last edited by fujyoshi : 06-07-2010 at 07:14 AM.
fujyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote