Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 06-27-2006, 12:43 AM   #1
AiyaKasai
The Photo Veiwing Addict

A not so known character?

Hmm...okay I am just too tired of seeing all these soras....all these bleach characters...all these tohrus....

Soo....is there anyone out there is a not so known character like a character from Haruhi Suzumiya...Fate/stay night...or maybe a less cosplayed character from Trigun? If you are can ya make a hyper link to a photo of that character? It can even be an original character...those are always interesting.

I am being Hibiki Awama from I Me My Strawberry Eggs for onicon and that character is barely cosplayed =D.

EDIT(taken from post)
I am not only talking about RARE characters as in anime...but RARE cosplays. Lets see an example...uhm...Ranma. Ranma is a popular anime/manga, no? But I don't see alot of him around.
Another one...Chobits...Chii is cosplayed ALOT...but I don't see the girl that looks like a maid often...she is that smart kid's 'sister'.
If you be something that is highly recognizable...but not done ALOT...it is indeed alot of fun..becuase you are going to be one of the very few of your kind. You will be pointed out and hugged.
I see that alot of you guys are only putting very rare characters...so i just want to explain myself. ^^

Another example is KH2....this is the new fad for cosplayers...the most I see is sora or riku or kairi. Someone that I would say is rare from that but highly recognizable is Ansem.

If you were ever Ansem I would recomend that you already post a piccie of you cause i will beg until you do. Ansem has an awesome costume.

Also I will say again it can be a rare character. Something not quiete known. Or a made up character.

Or something just plain unique. I am going to point out one girl but not put her s/n...she was kairi but a lolita version. She made it unique without looking like Kairi with black nail polish.

Last edited by AiyaKasai : 06-29-2006 at 07:00 PM.
AiyaKasai is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-27-2006, 06:37 AM   #2
Jen-neko
Lord Cynic Almighty

I haven't actually completed this yet, but for awhile now I'd been planning on crossplaying Gren from Cowboy Bebop (he shows up in the episodes Jupiter Jazz: parts 1 & 2). I was able to find just about everything clothing-wise for the costume at various thrift stores, only I have been unable to find his red shirt =-_-= I was even gonna borrow my mom's old saxophone to use as a prop :3 He's a really minor character, but he's still one of my favorites.

Since you mentioned Trigun, the thought had crossed my mind to cosplay as the chick from the 2nd episode (she had a red coat like Vash's, and blonde hair that she wore up, also looking somewhat similar to Vash's). I quickly scrapped that idea, however, when I figured it'd probably be in bad taste to cosplay someone who not only was only in one episode, but I couldn't even remember her name =x_x=
Jen-neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2006, 12:41 PM   #3
Clockwork

My friends and I are cosplaying as rain ninjas who only appeared in one episode of Naruto.

Reference Pic
Result
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2006, 12:45 PM   #4
SaltySlippers
ultraviolence

I'm working on Eureka from Eureka seven. It only started to play on Adult Swim a few months ago. About 3 other people have coplayed someone from that show.

And I am also working on Yuffie DOC. That version is hardly ever done.
Reference for Eureka
Yuffie DOC

Also you could do a Devil does exist cosplay. I'm the only one who has done that series on this forum I think. -_-
SaltySlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2006, 01:57 PM   #5
AiyaKasai
The Photo Veiwing Addict

To Jen-neko

awesome for the cowboybebop cosplay...that would be intersting to see. Oh and that girl's(can't remember her name either xD) cosplay wouldn't be of distatse! If you like the anime then thats good enough...if I saw you I would be able to recognize who you were...even though it would take a bit for me to call your name..lol

To clock work: I always see ninjas from the leaf village(or I call it the leaf village) so thats good to hear. Some variation is good...(a thousand narutos come up)

To SaltySlippers: ooo nice. I never acctually heard of Eureka...I really need to watch TV more x__X.

OMG I have never seen that Yuffie before...thats totally awesome
Unread 06-27-2006, 07:40 PM   #6
Jen-neko
Lord Cynic Almighty

Speaking of DOC, I'm planning to cosplay the character Shalua Rui from that game =^^= I haven't seen anyone cosplay as her yet. She's the girl with the lab coat in this picture: http://mokkori60.free.fr/famit2.jpg

Oh, btw, I found out that the girl's name from Trigun is Mary Anne =>.>=
Jen-neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2006, 07:48 PM   #7
AiyaKasai
The Photo Veiwing Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen-neko
Speaking of DOC, I'm planning to cosplay the character Shalua Rui from that game =^^= I haven't seen anyone cosplay as her yet. She's the girl with the lab coat in this picture: http://mokkori60.free.fr/famit2.jpg

Oh, btw, I found out that the girl's name from Trigun is Mary Anne =>.>=
wow, I would like to see that ^___^
Unread 06-27-2006, 09:37 PM   #8
meowl

You could also try some older anime like Macross or Tenchi Muyo.
Unread 06-27-2006, 10:49 PM   #9
sylus
its a conspiricy

again speeking of DoC i am planing on doing this guy sometime in the future. well once i figure out how to make it...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg doc.JPG (69.8 KB, 0 views)
sylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2006, 10:58 PM   #10
Deathfire
Eats Stars

I think there's a thread like this in the general chat. Oh well lol

I always do lesser or obscure characters. I just feel better when being the only one as a certain character. X3
Deathfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2006, 11:07 PM   #11
WilwarinAndamar
Anime NebrasKon staff

Lesser characters from Trigun: definately the Nebraska family. I'm working on a Marilyn Nebraska cosplay, and as far as I know I'm the only one to attempt to do so.

There's also Kuroneko-sama and the one-episode characters, like Jessica or a couple of the Gung-ho Guns.

As far as other series, there's Scryed, of which I have only seen a few cosplays. I've also done a cosplay from NightWalker, which is isn't a well-known series.

Watch the Awesome Rangers saga!
*AR3 trailer here*
WilwarinAndamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2006, 11:21 PM   #12
AiyaKasai
The Photo Veiwing Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathfire
I think there's a thread like this in the general chat. Oh well lol

I always do lesser or obscure characters. I just feel better when being the only one as a certain character. X3
You know what? I just saw that thread xD.

Hey no one has piccies of themselves?...or of there costume...I wanna see T___T
Unread 06-28-2006, 12:05 AM   #13
Zelos_Wilder
Time to lose some weight!

I try to be uncommon people, but it's always nice to have people recognize you at the same time.
IMO xD;
Zelos_Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2006, 12:10 AM   #14
KnuxieChan
Thunderbolt's Bitch

Most of my costumes are really uncommon characters. Except Loz and Pyramid Head.
Major Raikov (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker)
Joltik (Pokémon Hoodie)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
Marik Ishtar (YGOTAS)

----------------------
KnuxieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2006, 12:51 AM   #15
JoeyWheeler
Custom Fandom Duelist

i want to be Sakai Yuji from Shakugan no Shana