Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Steampunk

Unread 05-27-2010, 09:56 PM   #1
KamikazeKate

Steampunk Acc.

Okay, So I am making my first original Steampunk costume...the fabric is cut. But steampunk is more than fabric so I found some goggles and fixed them up....but I need more. Anyone know of some really good tutorials on Guns, Gun Holsters, etc. I am open to any ideas as to what accessories I need beyond goggles....I know there are a lot... but I can't narrow it down.
KamikazeKate is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-27-2010, 10:03 PM   #2
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Accessories for steampunk will really depend on what kind of character you are portraying. If you let us know, then there could be a huge influx of ideas from people here.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2010, 10:15 PM   #3
KamikazeKate

Western style steampunk. I've taken a 1800's saloon kind of look and turned it steampunk. So it's leggy.
KamikazeKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 10:32 AM   #4
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

If you are going to be showing off your legs, I would do something like garters with little derringers or daggers in them that look steampunk. I can't tell you how to do the prop parts...I'm not great at that stuff. I leave that to my brothers and friends. But garters can be made with elastic encased in other fabrics or you can use leather strips and close them with buttons or something. I did that for one I designed for my friend that will be wearing it next weekend at A-kon. I did two strips of leather with lots of rows of stitching in the right length to go around her leg and then put button holes in one end, sewed down brass buttons on the other, and then connected them with another strip that was going vertical from each end under the buttons. Does that make sense? Here, I will just link you the drawing I did for her design since I don't have pictures of the actual finished product of the garter. I have pictures of everything else though...

ttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mehdia/Randomness/newsteampunkcopy.jpg?t=1275060739
Unread 05-28-2010, 10:33 AM   #5
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Well my link was special and screwed up. Let's try that again.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...g?t=1275060739
Unread 07-13-2010, 10:44 PM   #6
Ironhill

When I was at the Steampunk World's Fair in NJ they ran a panel on making a steampunk persona. Start with who you are, then why you do what you do, then list 5 to 15 items that would go with this. Like a saloon girl might have a change maker, a backpack portible bar to make drinks, a stunner to protect yourself (dead customers can't buy more drinks), etc. After you have your list you can start figuring out what you can make from it and how.
Ironhill is offline   Reply With Quote