Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 09-15-2003, 08:19 PM   #1
Shine-Chan
Happy Little Tv

Question Child Vash amphigory wig match

I am making Vash's blue outfit the flashback in episode 17 and I need a rather long wig for it. I was thinking of getting the enchantment style from amphigory but it says that the colors were not just like in the pictures so I am totaly lost as to what one to get. I was also wondering if that is the right style to do this. Here is a good look at the color. http://www.sakura-petals.net/trigun/ep17/tri_002.jpg and this one has the style. http://vash.futaba-chan.net/sketch15.gif
Shine-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-15-2003, 09:48 PM   #2
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

The colors are always close - they're just warning you that the Web doesn't always show colors at an EXACT match. Also, be aware that the Enchantment wig doesn't have bangs.

www.suspiciouscloset.com
Koumori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2003, 07:16 PM   #3
Michela
Grapes are fun!

If you're extremely concerned about color, you can always order a color wheel (I'm not sure about amphigory, but most online wig stores have them...) Like Koumori-san said, you shouldn't have to be too nervous when buying the wig; for a character like Vash, you can really choose from a broad spectrum (anything from lemon yellow to golden blonde, though golden blonde usually comes out a bit dark in wigs... I would suggest a natural light blonde for that.) You can trust the color references, as the real wig colors only vary a small amount, (a wig color may look more vibrant or light, etc.) so don't let it scare you too much... (plus, if you are not satisfied with it, methinks Amphigory has a return policy.)
The Enchantment wig doesn't have bangs and the layers on Vash's hair, but there is a tutorial on amphigory about cutting bangs, so you can easily use that as a reference... (cutting the layers won't be a challenge either... when I cut bangs, all I need to do is copy the methods my hairdressers use, which always comes out with a great result ^_^)
I hope this helped and good luck on your wig search!
Michela: "I'm planning to place scorpions in my next costume, so that I can approach craftsmanship judges and say, 'not only did I hand make the entire dress, but I also added scorpions into the lining. I walk carefully when I wear it because I never know when they will strike. They are crawling around somewhere in the hems as we speak...'
And the judges will reply, 'SCORPIONS, YOU SAY? HAVE A TROPHY.'
Victory will be mine."
Ali: Scorpions are the new beading!
Michela is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2003, 08:19 PM   #4
Shine-Chan
Happy Little Tv

Thank you guys for the help. I think I will go with the light blond. I was a bit nervous because this will be the first wig I am going to order over the internet. I think the styling won't be too bad luckily I have a friend who is hairdresser and I can get some ideas from her.

I have one last question. When I cut the style in to the wig will I need to use hair glue or some other product to hold the spikes?
Unread 09-16-2003, 09:06 PM   #5
Beware_UY7
Reckless Youth

For styling: You can use hair glue: but not a lot of gel... thick, heavy things like gel tend to just weigh down hair... I'd suggest keeping the wig upside down, applying a little gel and using a hair-blowdryer on a *very* low heat until the gel it completly dry. Lots of hairspray will keep it up. Once the hair is willing to stay up, a product like KMS's hair play Molding Paste, or some other pomade can be used to give it a spiked look/ texture, without adding weight to the hair. And then, more hairspray. Lots of hairspray. It's your buddy.
Unread 09-16-2003, 09:35 PM   #6
Shine-Chan
Happy Little Tv

Thanks Beware_UY7. I keep geting a picture of Vash and Knives having a shoot out with hair dryers dancing through my head. 0_o
Unread 09-17-2003, 03:55 PM   #7
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I'd recommend either of those blondes for Vash. The 'bad girl' or the regular blonde. ^_^;

Spikes? I wouldn't try spiking an enchantment wig. >_>

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2003, 05:50 PM   #8
Shine-Chan
Happy Little Tv

I think I should have said I was making Vash's blue outfit before he got his hair cut by Rem. I thin it is cute and I don't think anyone had done it with long hair yet. The things I need to stay put arenít really stick straight up spikes like when his hair is sort it is more like the ends and bangs stick tougher in pointed clumps like v's. I think if I use a bit of hair glue on the tips and use some hairspray on the rest so it stays in shape. Otherwise I think the back will just be an uneven mess. Hope that made some since I tend to babble on.

Last edited by Shine-Chan : 09-17-2003 at 05:54 PM.