Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Historical Costuming

Unread 12-28-2015, 01:04 PM   #1
Emi Hana
Kimono - Kimono - Kimono
Magical Girl Cemetery Skit Outfit

This one may be confusing, but I think I'm in the right place. I'm planning to do a Masquerade Skit for Otakon, and while I have the skit and props being worked on, I'm kind of torn between 2 ideas to wear on-stage.

I originally planned to wear my casual Yukata and Hanhaba Obi on-stage with a pair of Jikatabi - as I do not trust the Masquerade Stage to be clean enough for wearing regular Tabi - but at the same time, I worry that I will not be seen on-stage.

A few people suggested that I go with a dance - or Odori - ensemble. These include a stage Yukata - a fabric I've been eyeing for stage-wear can be found here and an Odori Obi - which will be stiff, but bright and flashy. A sample of an Odori Obi can be found via this link.

I want to avoid wearing Geta on-stage - as they are the 2-teeth type - and I won't be doing much fancy footwork on-stage, but again, I don't know if I'll be seen on-stage.

Should I go with an Odori ensemble, or would a regular Yukata and Hanhaba Obi be just fine?

Any ideas?
Losing weight for Cosplay...

Last edited by Emi Hana : 12-31-2015 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Corrected confusing problem.
Emi Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2015, 08:48 PM   #2
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with what any of those terms mean/I'm a bit confused what you're asking so I probably won't be of much help but if you're afraid of getting that type of footwear dirty on the stage, maybe you could make some "invisible sandals" like they do at that link to wear with them while you're performing?

Upcoming cons:
Wondercon 2016
Anime Expo 2016
Future Cosplays:
Happy Mask Salesman (Zelda)
Queen Fyora (Neopets)
Buggy the Clown (One Piece)
Wobniar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2015, 07:27 PM   #3
Emi Hana
Kimono - Kimono - Kimono
@ Wobniar - Read the tutorial, but as the skit is "set" in a cemetery, I don't think transparent shoes are going to work. However, the tutorial has given me some ideas.

Thank you so much for the tutorial.
Losing weight for Cosplay...
Emi Hana is offline   Reply With Quote