Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Unread 06-22-2014, 05:44 PM   #1
KittyAngel
cute little kitty >^.^<

Talking FFX-2 Dressphere: White Mage

Alright everyone. I haven't seen a FFX-2 White Mage thread here so here's one now.

This is for ALL of your White Mage Yuna, Rikku, and Paine needs, questions, and concerns.

Just ask your questions and concerns, share your progresses, your ideas and give out some helpful tips to help each other out with the White Mage dressphere. Here's some helpful tips here:

1. If you can't find that 360 degree angle reference picture, this website is the ABSOLUTE BEST because it provides literally a 360 degree angle for all the dresspheres, but for this thread, use it for the white mages. http://auronlu.istad.org/squidoo/ffx...y/dresspheres/ Now, there's no excuse not to be accurate.

2. If anyone needs professional grade fabric paints to paint on the designs, then I would go here, http://www.createforless.com/. Just type in "Jacquard fabric paints" and you'll get fantastic results. I don't know if that's all the professional grade fabric paints they sell or not, but you can try if you wish to.

3. For the White Mage Yuna's, I found a tutorial on how to create her staff. It's technically the Summoner's Staff, but she uses it with her with this dressphere. The tutorial itself belongs to Kukkii-san, so give her the credit. Here's the page: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/863973/

I'll be shopping for my White Mage Yuna next month and I'm now planning out my budget. Hopefully the yard sale that do in July will provide me more cash to help use for her (not to mention help develop the past 2 anime convention photos still in my cameral at my local WalMart )

DeviantArt.com
JapaneseBlossomKitty

Last edited by KittyAngel : 06-22-2014 at 06:11 PM.
KittyAngel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-27-2014, 07:48 PM   #2
KittyAngel
cute little kitty >^.^<

Talking

Sorry for double posting, it's not intentional, I promise, but I do need to ask a question though.

Okay, I've pretty much got everything figured out for the White Mage dressphere. The only thing I'm getting a little stuck on is Yuna's hood. From the reference pictures, it appears that it's not attached to the outfit itself. Here's my reference picture:

FFX-2 White Mage Yuna.jpg

I found this website that has a cloak tutorial that's relatively easy, but I'm more interested in the hood portion:

http://www.falafelandthebee.com/2012...loak-tutorial/

So my question is, should I go with this tutorial, only for the hood portion or should I just experiment with play fabric before doing the actual thing? I don't want to screw up my good fabric when the time comes and everything. That's why I need some tips, ideas, and suggestions from people. Thanks

DeviantArt.com
JapaneseBlossomKitty
Unread 06-28-2014, 11:17 PM   #3
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

I think experimenting would be better. While that hood is nice on the tutorial, it's not the same, so not being connected, it won't look the same.

I would figure out what a good pattern would be by messing with super cheap stuff like broadcloth..and make it where there's a seam down the center from front to back. I can't seem to draw up what a pattern might look like..Wish I could be more help..
-Stocking (Panty & Stocking)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2014, 03:34 PM   #4
KittyAngel
cute little kitty >^.^<

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
I think experimenting would be better. While that hood is nice on the tutorial, it's not the same, so not being connected, it won't look the same.

I would figure out what a good pattern would be by messing with super cheap stuff like broadcloth..and make it where there's a seam down the center from front to back. I can't seem to draw up what a pattern might look like..Wish I could be more help..
Oh, this is totally fine and it actually makes sense about the tutorial. I've got some cheap cotton pink fabric I had leftover from my Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas cosplay, so I'm using that for my experimentation on the hood. Thanks so much for your help

DeviantArt.com
JapaneseBlossomKitty
Unread 09-25-2014, 04:05 PM   #5
KittyAngel
cute little kitty >^.^<

Wink

Okay, my White Mage is almost done. I just need to ask one question.

Now, I finished creating the Summoner Staff that Yuna uses for her White Mage outfit. I had to attach the emblem onto the spoke of the staff. I first used Gorilla glue to hold my emblem in place, which is a PVC pipe. So, the Gorilla glue worked wonders the very first time and passed my 'test' perse.

Then, I had to create a tiny tip end to give that little more authinticity appearance. BIG MISTAKE on my part, mind you, the emblem itself is made from cardboard and wonderflex.

The emblem decided to completly fall off the PVC pipe spoke and now the Gorilla glue refuses to work for me anymore Being that I have an awesome Dad, he suggested PVC glue with cleaner.

So my overall question is, what type of glue or adhesive does anyone suggest in place of Gorilla Glue? Should I try the PVC pipe glue with cleaner or is there a better alternative? I've already tried the hot glue method, with it to epically fail on me and slid right off.

I'm really in a desparate situation here and I'm running out of ideas on how to make this stay. All I have to do is just attach the emblem to the spoke of the staff. Thanks for your help

DeviantArt.com
JapaneseBlossomKitty