Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Unread 07-21-2010, 09:29 PM   #31
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

OH MY GOSH! I LOVE AMERICAN GIRL! I never played with them, I just liked dressing them up. I had Molly and Kit. Everyone had Samantha I remember... except me. Everyone hated Molly for some reason, all of them were like "Molly is a nerd!" though my neighbor down the street had Josefina and she also agreed with me that Samantha was overrated.

I don't know why I liked Molly though... Maybe it was because she was fairly "modern" I remember reading about Molly and learning so much about World War II and it would bring up the opportunity to ask my grandfather about his experience. I learned that he was in college around the beginning before he battled in the Pacific.

He said that every evening there was this Japanese radio show that he would listen to which he said sounded like one of those Japanese gameshows. Anyways, basically at the end it was like "-insert random ship- you are going down!" well, one night his ship was a target and that was probably the scariest night in his life he said to me. Fortunately, he was able to hold his own and came out alive, however, he isn't very fond of war. Especially after my uncle went to Vietnam and was never seen again... all we have left is his letters, a lantern, and an angel ornament we hang on the tree.

My grandmother still swears that somehow my uncle is still alive. It's amazing how these books opened new doors to my past.

Then after the war was over, he brought home a kimono to my grandmother and guess who has it now?

If it wasn't for my hips, I could wear it, but it's in my closet.

Oh yeah, I also have some of Addy's books and dresses that I found at a garage sale once and I would dress Molly and Kit up in despite not having Addy.

But I digress... However, I did have that one Kailey bikini that I wore a lot when I was 11.

Last edited by Tabby Catty : 07-21-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Tabby Catty is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-21-2010, 09:40 PM   #32
SirenaBlack
They're eating my people!

Awww Molly was my favorite!
Going to ALA, Gallifrey One, and SPN Vegas Con
SirenaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 09:48 PM   #33
KittyKax
Little Miss Starlight

Molly was MY favorite!!! She's the one I related the most to!!! (freckles, brown hair, and glasses lol)
I remember being PISSED when I saw the Molly movie cuz they screwed up so many things and added stuff that wasn't in the book!!! lol
Unread 07-21-2010, 10:31 PM   #34
SirenaBlack

I don't care if things are changed as long as it's a good movie, but I've avoided all of the American Girl movies...I get bad vibes from them.
Unread 07-22-2010, 02:09 AM   #35
KittyKax
Little Miss Starlight

Yeah but the whole lesson of the story got completely changed!
Book:
Molly was best dancer in class, curled her hair to get the part, started getting cocky, ended up getting an ear infection and didn't perform at all.(yes I remember the book even though I read it almost 10 years ago lol)
Movie:
Molly is the worst dancer in class, works hard, ends up getting the part and being the star at the performance.

The movie's message wasn't bad I guess but still they changed the entire story basically, and it's my favorite book of the series(obviously since I remember it perfectly lol)
Unread 07-22-2010, 12:56 PM   #36
DespairedPheonix
Elilicious

Kirsten was my favorite. I'm adopted and my parents never really taught me anything about my Swedish heritage, so when I found Kirsten when I was 8 I was really happy. I also loved Felicity.

I love you for making this thread, I would totally love to cosplay Kirsten one day
In the works: Asuna, Sword Art Online (40%) | Rapunzel, Tangled (0%)| Punk Sailor Moon (20%) | Lulu (FFX) (0%)

Facebook
| Deviantart
DespairedPheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 02:22 PM   #37
KittyKax
Little Miss Starlight

We should all get together one day and do a big American Girl cosplay group XD
I call Molly!!! lol
Unread 07-22-2010, 05:15 PM   #38
27XxJuDaImExX27
Iron Woman

SQUEEEEE~ I love the American Girl dolls! o3o
Molly was my first one; she was my favorite out of all the dolls. I got her when I was 10, so that's...getting close to 7 years ago now 8D
My grandmary *feels like Samantha <.<* gave my parents one of the catalouges becauses I might be interested in the dolls. It took about 4 or 5 years to convince my parents to buy me one, and I was so flipping excited when I finally got one. Molly came with me EVERYWHERE. I could not put her down.

I'm really sad Samantha was discontinued, because I liked her. Mostly her outfits, but yeah. I have her nightgown, and it STILL fits o__O; A bit awkward in the bust area, but you know, little girls don't have large boobs. I wear it all the time during the winter. I have Nellie, but her default outfit got messed up. I LOVE her Christmas dress and I really want to make it.

I've always wanted to cosplay Kirsten and Molly. I almost did Molly's Halloween costume for Halloween once, but my dad wouldn't let me..If I didn't already have something planned, I'd so make one of Kirsten's dresses.

I'm so glad I'm not alone in wanting to cosplay one of the AG characters <3
27XxJuDaImExX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 10:11 PM   #39
SirenaBlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKax View Post
We should all get together one day and do a big American Girl cosplay group XD
I call Molly!!! lol
But I actually WEAR glasses! And I'm wearing my hair in two braids RIGHT NOW! That's OK, I'd rather do Samantha anyway. Have to figure out which dress....
Unread 07-23-2010, 12:37 AM   #40
KittyKax
Little Miss Starlight

I wear glasses too! lol

I'd say if anyone was gonna cosplay as an American Girl they'd wear their "Meet _____" outfit. That's the outfit all the dolls come with at least.
Unread 07-23-2010, 09:35 AM   #41
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27XxJuDaImExX27 View Post

I'm really sad Samantha was discontinued, because I liked her. Mostly her outfits, but yeah. I have her nightgown, and it STILL fits o__O; A bit awkward in the bust area, but you know, little girls don't have large boobs.
That kind of reminds me of Powerpuff Girls PJs that I worn for like, ten years until my mom was like "You can't wear them anymore Courtney!" but I was like "But they still fit!!"

Seriously, I had them when I was six and I was forced to part with them when I was sixteen!
Unread 07-25-2010, 12:44 AM   #42
Jisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKax View Post
I'd say if anyone was gonna cosplay as an American Girl they'd wear their "Meet _____" outfit. That's the outfit all the dolls come with at least.
I dunno. Meet outfits are all well and good, but if someone wants to cosplay Felicity in her Limited Edition Town Fair Outfit, who's to stop them?
Jisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2010, 11:09 PM   #43
SirenaBlack

I kinda want to make Samantha's school outfit. I used to think it was fug, but now I like it, haha.
Unread 07-26-2010, 10:53 AM   #44
MikuraHime
p r i n c e s s MIKU

I LOVED American Girl dolls. I have Kaya, Molly, Samantha, and Josefina. Molly was my first, but my favorite was Josefina. Mainly because our family situations were similar and we are both hispanic. I've always wanted to cosplay Josefina's default outfit and Samantha's birthday outfit.

Cosplays Being Worked On:
<3 Chibitalia- Axis Powers Hetalia
<3 Sailor Saturn- Sailor Moon
<3 Xia- Beatmania
<3 Lithuania- Axis Powers Hetalia
<3 Kai Lan- Ni Hao, Kai Lan
MikuraHime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2010, 11:11 AM   #45
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jisu View Post
I dunno. Meet outfits are all well and good, but if someone wants to cosplay Felicity in her Limited Edition Town Fair Outfit, who's to stop them?
Meh. I'm planning on doing her riding dress for Costume-Con 30. I'd love to have her "Meet Felicity" outfit too, but the riding outfit is prettier. If I'm going to have a specific costume, I want it to be my favorite costume, know what I mean?

Oh, and I totally forgot how I dressed as Josefina once when I was much younger. That was one of the first outfits I made on my sewing machine. I always wanted her Christmas outfit with the mantilla veil (I made one for my Samantha doll). I was actually thisclose to doing a mantilla veil for my wedding dress simply because Josefina's made me so happy as a child.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!

Last edited by supergeekgirl : 07-26-2010 at 11:15 AM.
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote