Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 06-24-2014, 10:22 AM   #1
JennieLynne2215

Massachusetts Cosplayers!!

Hello! I'm Jennifer, 23 years old and I'm looking for cosplayers in MA.. I've lived here my whole life and through the years I haven't had any friends with the interest of cosplay. I plan on going to a convention next year. It will be my first so I'm really excited! But, I'd really like to meet/chat others who cosplay.. I have A LOT of learning to do! and I'm so eager to learn but it would be nice to have a little guidance and advice from others
JennieLynne2215 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-24-2014, 04:53 PM   #2
12WolfZ
thersAferinthehenhows

Hey! In what part of the state do you live? I live in the Methuen/Lawrence area.
12WolfZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2014, 05:21 PM   #3
Ilafatyu
That guy

I'm a little north of the border, but I have family in Mass and I'm in Boston all the time. I almost count as an MA cosplayer.

What's your first convention going to be?

facebook page // nh/mass cosplay events
Next con: PortConMaine

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2014, 06:50 AM   #4
JennieLynne2215

You definitely count haha I live on the MA/NH border. Short 10 minute drive into New Hampshire for me!
I'm thinking anime Boston or comic con? I'm so new to this so I don't know of many conventions in the area, those are the two that I've heard of!
Unread 06-25-2014, 08:32 AM   #5
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Hey there, fellow MA people!

I'm a college student who goes to school not too far from Boston. I just went to Anime Boston for the first time last spring, and I had a great time!

Jennie-- AB and Boston Comic Con are both popular ones. If you're into gaming, there's PAX East, and I know Harvard hosts a small sci-fi con (Vericon) in the spring.

There are also meetups on the Boston Common every once in a while-- I know on Facebook there's a Boston-Area Disney cosplayers group that hosts things every so often.

Nice to meet you all!
  • Genderbend Makoto (Free! Eternal Summer): 93% (Final Touches) Colossalcon 2015
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Summer 2015
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2014, 10:23 AM   #6
JennieLynne2215

Nice to meet you Stars! Thanks for the info!! I wish I lived closer to the Boston area, it's about a 2 hour drive into Boston from where I live, It would be awesome to meet up with people on a more regular basis. I have a question for every one! The methods you use to make your costumes.. how did you learn them? Were any of you self taught? I pretty much have to teach myself because I don't know anyone to help teach me, I have no experience with any methods. The only crafting I've ever done is Crochet and that wont work very for costumes haha! I'll be teaching myself how to use a sewing machine next, I just got one this past weekend. I hope a year is enough for me to learn and make a decent costume.
Unread 06-25-2014, 04:53 PM   #7
Dark Photog
Photographer

I'm not a cosplayer, but I do enjoy shooting them... with my camera.
Dark Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2014, 05:31 PM   #8
FearTheAsian117

Yo! ^.^ Not Mass, but I'm from Vermont and I attend college at UNH! Pleasure to meet you! I'm sorta learning as I go with cosplay. Just learning to sew and youtube videos and what not. Plus never hurts to be a bit of a handyman

~Fear

https://www.facebook.com/FTACosplayAndAnime/

Upcoming Cosplay:

Haruka Nanase from Free! Iwatobi Swim Club!

Completed Cosplay:

Lie Ren-RWBY
Death the Kid-Soul Eater

Next Con (And upcoming):
Anime Boston 2015
Anime North 2015
Otakon 2015
FearTheAsian117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2014, 05:37 PM   #9
Ilafatyu
That guy

As far as I know, there are three conventions in Boston: Anime Boston, PAX East, and Boston Comicon. I've never gone to any of them, but I always go to Another Anime Convention in Manchester NH. There are a few open Mass-based cosplay groups on Facebook if you're interested in that.

I'm pretty much self-taught. I learned how to sew about two years ago and finished my first armored cosplay last week. A year is a good goal, especially if you make it a point to learn/accomplish something every week.

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Unread 06-25-2014, 06:17 PM   #10
Dark Photog
Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
As far as I know, there are three conventions in Boston: Anime Boston, PAX East, and Boston Comicon. I've never gone to any of them, but I always go to Another Anime Convention in Manchester NH. There are a few open Mass-based cosplay groups on Facebook if you're interested in that.

I'm pretty much self-taught. I learned how to sew about two years ago and finished my first armored cosplay last week. A year is a good goal, especially if you make it a point to learn/accomplish something every week.
There's more than that... Arisia and Boskone off the top of my head, plus others in the New England area (eg Necronomicon in Providence). There was a Star Trek convention in Boston just last week, and Walker Stalker Con the week before.

http://nescifievents.org/
Dark Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 01:00 PM   #11
AyuNakano

Hey I'm a student at the Hallmark Institute of Photography in greenfield ma and was buildING a few cosplays before I left home (which now are sitting unfinished until after school). However, I plan on becoming an alternative fashion and cosplay photographer when I finish school so if anyone would like professional pictures of their cosplay, please feel free to message me and ask for samples of my work!
AyuNakano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 04:08 PM   #12
Ilafatyu
That guy

Hey guys, just a heads-up about a free mega-photoshoot going on in Boston tomorrow. Check it out.

Hello Ayu, welcome to the area. Are you in contact with other local photographers and cosplayers? If you have a FB page or whatever, I'll give you a like and spread the word along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Photog View Post
There's more than that... Arisia and Boskone off the top of my head, plus others in the New England area (eg Necronomicon in Providence). There was a Star Trek convention in Boston just last week, and Walker Stalker Con the week before.

http://nescifievents.org/
That's a fantastic site, great resource. Thanks for sharing that, I'm now informed.

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS