Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Unread 11-15-2010, 01:16 AM   #16
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

XD It seems so long since I last was in this thread.

All my plans got completely thrown around.
I started working on Yamazaki because I had some free time and then one weekend before a con I found myself done with the purple top of Heisuke's normal outfit and was like "Hey! If I can this much done in just a few hours, I should be able to pull off the whole thing until friday!"

... And thus I sewed Heisuke's outfit including armor parts in three days ^^°°° (It turned out a bit to big, but I'll fix that until the end of the year)
There have been pics too, but I didn't get around putting the cos up here. I'm planning too thought.
Only the wig seems kinda weird. I have a small face and thus it seems to be eating up my head a little, I think. And I had to leave my hair open, since I DID get the ponytail done... but the weight pulled it back of my head and I didn't have anything to fix it in place, so I decided it would be fine this once.
And I had a small 'fail' moment with the 'dark red' fabric color I bought... Instead of the color on the package - which would have been the PERFECT dark red - it turned out magenta (which is more dark pink then red). u.u

Awesome thing of that weekend: I met up with HAKOUKI COSPLAYERS <3 other than me
Western Hijikata Toshizu, Okita Souji and Saito Hajime. Unfortunately on the day where I was not there as Heisuke. BUT Souji and Hajime where there the next day as well - in Rasetsu version :3
We even got a small quick photoshoot done <3

In my love I've almost finished Yamazaki's outfit and also did the Shinsengumi cloak except the white rope. I'm currently looking into what I can use to make those metal plates.
Heisuke has just an 'empty' plate - perhaps it's just a forehead protector? - and Yamazaki has quite a scratch across it... I'm kinda contemplating checking our building center if there aren't super-thin metal plates somewhere. If not, I dimmly remember there being some sort of metallic foil in my school time and will try to locate that...

Aside from Heisuke in normal and Shinsengumi cloaks, I've also been eyeing his calender version <3
I love Heisuke's long hair and in that work it seems to be emphasised enough.
Thought I have to admit I dislike the pink-white pants... why did it have to be pink? -.-
Oh well :3

EDIT:
Forgot to mention: I'm doing Susumus ninja outfit first, but i've been eyeing the green kimono-style one as well <3

Unread 11-24-2010, 10:09 PM   #17
Elf Lady
Bishies are love

Yeah, the pink pants... rats.

I'm planning Saito's calendar version for Fanime and I hope there will be other Hakuouki cosplayers there.
Yaoi Con 2012:Hakuouki - Saito Hajime (Western and traditional version)
Rurouni Kenshin - Oro?
Elf Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2010, 10:01 PM   #18
Yggdrasil Pie
WRYYYYYYY

Wow, I'm totally coming in this thread late, but I've done both Shinsengumi version and Western version of Sannan, along with a Rasetsu version of his western outfit. >:X I'm such a fangirl for him. I'm thinking about doing his Sweet School Life version if I can find a group to go along with me.

I'll be at ALA as Rasetsu Sannan again, and I'll have friends going as Saitou and Hijikata, if anyone wants to meet up.

Elf Lady: I'll be at Fanime next year too! Maybe we can start a gathering or something!
Unread 11-27-2010, 07:30 PM   #19
Elf Lady
Bishies are love

@ Yggdrasil Pie, that would be terrific, a gathering sounds good! *gazes at your icon* Are you caught up with the series?
Rurouni Kenshin - Oro?
Unread 12-03-2010, 06:17 PM   #20
DemonChibiPanda

I did a western style souji for NYAF 2010 and it was great. I also found that I have a long black wig that I don't realy have a use for so I was thinking of doing hijikata. I would also love to do western saito and ninja yamazaki but I don't know how that will work out with money =.='
btw does any use binding or compression shirts for their cosplays? I found that my binding slipped alot and cut of my breathing alot but it was a much cheaper option than the shirt o.O
idk any advice?
DemonChibiPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 06:33 PM   #21
DemonChibiPanda

*slaps head with hand* I'm such an idiot! I forgot kazama! I would love to cosplay that bishie as well!
Unread 12-05-2010, 12:51 PM   #22
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonChibiPanda View Post
btw does any use binding or compression shirts for their cosplays? I found that my binding slipped alot and cut of my breathing alot but it was a much cheaper option than the shirt o.O
idk any advice?
Compression shirt all the way. Comfy, perfect binding without any slipping (except for MAYBE a rolling up) and you don't really feel it after a while.
I've been using it for all of my crossplays for over 2 years now and it doesn't show any sign of straining. Even if I did, I'd rather spend those... 30 EUR ? or something again then bind again otherwise.

My progress:
Wallpaper Heisuke is coming along well. I've finished the black base of the upper part and will finish the red base of his belt soon.

Yamazaki (ninja outfit) will soon be completed.
I even got the scratches on the plate on his foreheadguard down <3
Now just needing to figure out how to fix the plates onto the fabric stripe.

Realisation: Damn. I got a small head/short forehead/small face. Most wigs look a bit like they are eating my face up... ^^° Oh well... not much I can do against that.
Unread 12-16-2010, 09:20 PM   #23
Milky☆Milky
FLYIN' AWAY NOW

Ahhh I love Hakuouk~! And Heisuke, haha. I'm making his traditional outfit for Katsu 2011 and his calendar version for Ota 2011. I hope all of you guys' cosplays go well <3

And I back up the compression shirt notion. They actually aren't that uncomfortable! If you look at my Heisuke cosplay you can see that mine got me down from a 34D to completely flat. Compression shirts are amazinggg.
Milky☆Milky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 09:27 PM   #24
Elf Lady
Bishies are love

I used the measurement suggestions on the Underworks site (measure under breasts and then bust, total and divide by 2) and got a medium tri-layer compression shirt...and can't even get it on! I get stuck with the whole thing scrunching up under my arms when I tried to pull in on (like pulling on a t-shirt). Any suggestions?

Anyway, I'm going to start work on Saito's calendar version outfit soon. I wanted to make his western uniform too but with my work killing me, I bought it instead. Now I feel a little guilty (even though I would never claim I made it) for some reason.
Rurouni Kenshin - Oro?
Unread 01-04-2011, 08:35 AM   #25
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

@Elf_Lady:
About compression shirt: It happens sometimes to me too.
Usually I stick my hands in, then try to grab the lower edge of the shirt while sticking my head in the right opening and just pull down.

If you end up bunching up underneat your armpits, don't panic. Either just 'withdraw' and try again, or take a breath to calm yourself, then work out the lower edge from the bundle and pull it down. It most likely won't go all in one go, so first make certain to work the lower edge out both in front and back, then tug it down a bit at the front, then the back, until you got it on all nice

The lovely designs of Hakuouki can do that to you. They enchant you without you actually wanting to and before you know it you feel like you SHOULD make all variations of them XD
Unread 01-04-2011, 11:36 PM   #26
Elf Lady
Bishies are love

Thanks Dragon. I'll give it another go this weekend. Maybe my daughter can stand by and help me out if I get stuck again!

How's the progress going on Heisuke?
Rurouni Kenshin - Oro?
Unread 01-05-2011, 06:07 PM   #27
DemonChibiPanda

if im getting the tri-top compression shirt and i also used their way of measuring (add up measurements/2) and got a measurement that is right in between a small and an extra small which one should i get?
Unread 01-06-2011, 11:14 AM   #28
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

I usually recommend getting the bigger size if you are an in-between.
If it really should turn out to be too big (which I doubt) you can ask for an exchange.
Unread 01-11-2011, 01:55 PM   #29
Milky☆Milky
FLYIN' AWAY NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf Lady View Post
I used the measurement suggestions on the Underworks site (measure under breasts and then bust, total and divide by 2) and got a medium tri-layer compression shirt...and can't even get it on! I get stuck with the whole thing scrunching up under my arms when I tried to pull in on (like pulling on a t-shirt). Any suggestions?
Throw it in the dryer for 10-20 minutes, it becomes really stretchy. If you have an additional person, try this:

-Put your arms and head through it so your arms are sticking up completely straight.
-Have your helper come up behind you and tug the end of the shirts straight down.
-If they do it hard enough it comes on in one pull.

Ofcourse afterwards you have to adjust your breasts inside of it but I've gotten my compression shirt on in about 5 sec. with this method. Doing it alone is a much different story.
Milky☆Milky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 07:58 PM   #30
DemonChibiPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
@Elf_Lady:
The lovely designs of Hakuouki can do that to you. They enchant you without you actually wanting to and before you know it you feel like you SHOULD make all variations of them XD
^^ i completely agree XD