Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Unread 01-13-2011, 12:53 AM   #31
h a r u

I'm planning to cosplay the 2nd season outfit of Chizuru and her casual hakama w
In the future, I will be doing the calender version as well. I'm so glad there's other Hakuoki cosplayers here : D
h a r u is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-13-2011, 10:06 PM   #32
Elf Lady
Bishies are love

Thanks so much Dragon and Milky Milky! I managed to pull the binder on myself with just a little patience and a LOT of wiggling. LOL. I'm a 36C so I knew it wouldn't squish me completely flat but it did do a pretty amazing job. I just look like I have pecs now.

@haru, I'm glad too! This series deserves love!
Yaoi Con 2012:Hakuouki - Saito Hajime (Western and traditional version)
Rurouni Kenshin - Oro?
Elf Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #33
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf Lady View Post
How's the progress going on Heisuke?
Somehow I completly missed that line last time.
He's going well, thought I pissed me off yesterday, when i worked on the pants. Now that I'm done I really dislike the thought of coloring it half-pink, but... can't cheat out on that one - no matter how much I wish I could ^^° *massive dislike of pink*

If things go well, I hope to complete him by sunday evening and do some first shoots. I'll have to wait for my swords and shoes to arrive, then I'm completly done.

I'm so looking forward to wearing it -^^- Even thought I know I'll hate the wig after a while for tangling up :3

Quote:
Thanks so much Dragon and Milky Milky! I managed to pull the binder on myself with just a little patience and a LOT of wiggling. LOL. I'm a 36C so I knew it wouldn't squish me completely flat but it did do a pretty amazing job. I just look like I have pecs now.
Anytime, if I can help :3

Yeah, that's the effect it should have
Completely flat is but a stupid rumor btw. If you got a pair of bobbies, the volume of them needs to go somewhere when you bind after all. So unless you are willing to get under the knife or are 'lucky' with smaller equipement, you'll never go completely flat.
Aside from anime characters you'll also never see a guy that's completely flat, I think :3

Wishing everyone good luck - and my the fabrics be patient and nice to you
Unread 02-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #34
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

I'm sorry for bringing back an old thread but now that the game has got an US release for PSP we might as well get Hakuouki back to the light~

Today I started to watch the Hakuouki anime. Actually I've been interested in the show for a long time now (and planning to watch it) but it wasn't until a few days ago, when I found out about the US game release, that I got really interested. So of course I ordered it and meanwhile I got so curious I had to watch the anime... and 9 episodes later I found myself totally hooked. Gaah the character designs are gorgeous! Not to mention I do tend to love historical samurai related stuff anyway so I'm an easy target, ahaha..

So yeah, I already want to cosplay Sōji Okita and Hajime Saitō. XD I'm so excited!
I guess I'll start with Saitō because he is easier and then I'll do the game version of Okita later, I really like that golden ring pattern he has on his kimono...

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Tracon (13-14th September 2014)
SAT Hajime Saitō - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #35
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I'm planning on making Chizuru's 2010 calendar art version over the summer. It's so complicated but just so pretty that I have to make it. ^_^ I'm just nervous about dyeing the hakama pants.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 11:45 PM   #36
Hitsutai
A Hoot!

I'm working on Heisuke's traditional and Western outfits, one of Anime Boston, the other for... who knows!

Friday: Hiroto Kiyama
Saturday: Yuki Judai, Hinata Shouyou/Hiroto Kiyama
Sunday: Hinata Shouyou
Hitsutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #37
Neko-hime

I've been stalking this series for some time and, thanks to magical sparkly US releases, am now rather enjoying the game I like how it doesn't rely on shojo/otome stereotypes, but lets each character have their own personality. A friend in Japan recently sent me vols. 1+2 of the manga, and that should be here within a month-ish (yay shipping xDD)

I really want to eventually cosplay Saito; all I have to do is figure out those triangles and... whether or not he wears pants. rofl. Lack of full-body reference pictures.
Neko-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 02:59 AM   #38
Lailaith

I have also watched Hakuouki, the first season, and I am planning on cosplaying Kimigiku at the summer. The ninja version of course, because the geisha versio is too difficult for me to make... I also plan of cosplaying Chizuru at some point. Because I am no goot at cosplaying men...
Lailaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #39
Elf Lady
Bishies are love

I have yet to pick up the US version of the game but I'm glad to see other people getting into Hakuouki! There's going to be 3rd TV series (Hakuōki Reimeiroku)!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...series-2-films
Rurouni Kenshin - Oro?
Unread 03-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #40
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf Lady View Post
I have yet to pick up the US version of the game but I'm glad to see other people getting into Hakuouki! There's going to be 3rd TV series (Hakuōki Reimeiroku)!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...series-2-films
Oh my, that's awesome!!

I finished the second season of Hakuōki today, I watched all the episodes together with Lailaith with only one short 15 min break, heh. But oh god, it was so tragic! ;_; Hrhgh I love it, such a great anime! <3 And the music was awesome too!
Also Hijikata is now definitely added to my cosplay list! (I have a feeling there will be a lot of Hakuōki character cosplays from me in a close future...)

*~In progress~*

Unread 03-08-2012, 11:56 PM   #41
Nishi
Spiritual Machine

I love the series. At first all the vampiric/rasetsu bit weirded me out since I'm a huge history nerd, but it's still about Shinsengumi and I love it for that. I'll be cosplaying Saitou (both Western and Japanese) for upcoming Sakura Con 2012 with a few other friends also cosplaying from Hakuouki. It's nice to know there are more fans out there!

deviantART | WorldCosplay | ACP | tumblr
Nishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #42
Elf Lady
Bishies are love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishi View Post
I love the series. At first all the vampiric/rasetsu bit weirded me out since I'm a huge history nerd, but it's still about Shinsengumi and I love it for that. I'll be cosplaying Saitou (both Western and Japanese) for upcoming Sakura Con 2012 with a few other friends also cosplaying from Hakuouki. It's nice to know there are more fans out there!
You look fantastic as Saito! Very nicely done cosplay.
Rurouni Kenshin - Oro?
Unread 03-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #43
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Oh yes! My wig order arrived yesterday to the post office in town and today after school I went and picked it up. So now I finally have my Saitō (and Hijikata) wig!
And because I was home early today, alone and just too excited I had to try it on. Took some WIP photos. I only have the shinsengumi haori left to do (and the headband) and I need another shitagi/juban/under kimono/whatever too because the one I have has too big sleeves... it doesn't fit nicely at all under that black vintage tsumugi kimono. Other than that I'm pretty much done.

Photos can be found in my gallery if interested~

*~In progress~*

Unread 03-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #44
touchmon
Make All The Things!

@Blood Sword- I agree about your Saito. It looks really good! ^_^ I still don't have anything done or started on Chizuru although I did double-check the amount of duck canvas I have in my basement and I definitely have enough for those sleeves of hers.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #45
Hitsutai
A Hoot!

I've got Heisuke's Western outfit ready for Anime Boston, just gotta style the wig!

I may do a night photoshoot with Rasetsu!Heisuke soon~ As well as Traditional!Heisuke~

Friday: Hiroto Kiyama
Saturday: Yuki Judai, Hinata Shouyou/Hiroto Kiyama
Sunday: Hinata Shouyou
Hitsutai is offline   Reply With Quote