Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Portugal

Unread 10-07-2010, 05:15 AM   #1
Tiddy

Hi to all Portuguese cosplayers!

Hey guys!!!!

My name's Valentino and I'm an italian cosplayer from Rome! I'm coming to Lisbon for 6 months from next January to July with the Erasmus program. I'm really looking forward to see how's cosplay in Portugal and to meet you! Which are the best conventions? Or the events?

I hope to meet you all and to enjoy cosplay together!!!
Tiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-30-2010, 02:48 PM   #2
ryuteju

Hello there Valentino!
Here in portugal we don't really have conventions, we have smaller events, since anime/cosplay stuff isn't as popular as in other countries.
Unfortunatly, on the period of time you will be in portugal, I don't think there will be any big events =S Those happen mainly from August onward, so you'll probably only be able to attend cosplay meetings, tho the two that happen during those months are the most famous ones and with most cosplayers : ) (if you come to Lisbon, that is.)
In February, we have a holiday called "carnaval", it's kinda like halloween, except the costumes don't have to be scary at all, so we usually celebrate it by gathering A LOT of cosplayers in a place called Parque das Nações, we meet new people, take lots of pictures, sometimes there are cosplay photography contests, and finally we take a picture with all of the cosplayers at the event : ) here's the photo from this year! http://www.animeportugal.net/galeria...l_IMG_2739.JPG
The other cosplay meeting is usually closer to summer time, and it's called FUPO, which are the initials for "Feitos Um Para o Outro" ("Made for each other"). In this one there's a small cosplay contest, mainly for couples (the characters). But we never know if FUPO will happen, we only get that info closer to the date of the meeting itself.
Sorry for my bad english, I couldn't find the right words XD; but I hope this helps! Have a good trip and if you attend any of these meetings, don't be afraid to talk to anyone, we're friendly xD
ryuteju is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2010, 03:10 AM   #3
Tiddy

Wow! Thank you so much you helped a lot!!! I will definitely attend these meetings, of course! And I won't be afraid, I like making new friends wherever I go!!! XD

Can't wait to be there!
Unread 11-18-2010, 05:21 AM   #4
ryuteju

Glad I could help! See you next year^^
Unread 11-23-2010, 11:11 AM   #5
Tiddy

'course!!! *O*
Unread 12-04-2010, 06:40 AM   #6
ryuteju

Oh I just noticed thare's probably going to be a big event in March! It's called Iberanime, and there's going to be a big contest called Cosplay World Masters where some cosplayers from other countries will be participating too (they had to win some other contest in their country to participate, I think)
I didn't really like this event when I attended it this year, but I heard the one that happened in Porto (other city in portugal) was much better than the one in Lisbon, so it might be better next year. You'd need to buy tickets for this one tho.

[edit] Another italian cosplayer contacted me through facebook asking about events in portugal from may to july xD you might know him.
Unread 12-22-2010, 06:27 PM   #7
Tiddy

Oh, I will try to gather some infos on this Iberanime!!! Thank you so much!

Who's this other cosplayer? I probably do know him :P
Unread 01-30-2011, 11:24 AM   #8
Tiddy

I'll be in Lisbon from tuesday on!!! *__*
Unread 02-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #9
ryuteju

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Welcome to Portugal : )
We'll be having our most famous cosplay meeting on the 8th of March, at 15h/3pm (I don't know how italians count the hours XD; ). To attend that meeting, take the subway and get out at the last station of the red line, called Oriente. You'll most probably find cosplayers at the subway so it'll be easier to find the place.
As for events, there will also be one on that same weekend, 12th and 13th of March, Iberanime, but you will have to buy tickets beforehand for that one (I think? But maybe they sell them at the entrance or something). As for how to get there, sorry but I've never been to the place, nor do I know how to get there =X So right now I can't help.
Unread 02-05-2011, 09:22 AM   #10
Tiddy

Oh thank you so much!!!
I'll be there the 8th for sure, don't worry!! As for Iberanime, unfortunately that weekend I'll be in Italy, but we'll get more occasions I'm sure!

So, see you on the 8th of March!!! Thank you very much for your help!!!
Unread 02-05-2011, 05:33 PM   #11
ryuteju

No problem^^ See you on the 8th of March!
Unread 02-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #12
Tiddy

Yep!!!! <3
Unread 03-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #13
Tiddy

Hey!!! I was there but didn't see you! ç__ç
Unread 03-08-2011, 02:02 PM   #14
ryuteju

Oh damn =S I didn't remmember to tell you any refference to meet me >.< I was wearing my Ramona cosplay and I even made her big hammer.
Too bad we couldn't meet =S
Anyway I hope you enjoyed seeing some portuguese cosplay!
Unread 03-08-2011, 07:43 PM   #15
Tiddy

Yep it was great!!!! ** Awww yep, really I'm sorry we didn't meet! Next time, for sure!! ;D