Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > D.Gray Man

Unread 06-20-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
Kur0namiSan

Exclamation Planning a D.Grey-Man cosplay.

Hey guys. ^_^ It's only been recent that I Have started watching D.Grey-Man, and it has already became one of my favorite animes.

Yeah, so the point:
.I really want to cosplay as one of the characters so badly!! BUT, I do not know where to find materials!!!
.The actual fabric shouldn't be too hard, But .. the buttons. .......Whenever I look on cosplay sites, they all have the same looking buttons (they all look very efficient). T_T But, when I look on other sites, they look completely different!!

So Please, PLEASE, PLEAAAAAASE help me find very efficient D.Grey-Man Exorcist costume buttons. And if you'd like, some good fabric to make the costume with.

P.S.

I am too cheap to buy one of the costumes from sites, and ~ making them makes people more creative ^^

Unread 06-20-2010, 08:58 PM   #2
LonelyCosplayer

(For future reference, the "Gray" is spelled with an "A" in this case. I know that "Grey" is an acceptable spelling and all, but it's just with an A in this case.)

I applaud you on making your own, it's the way to go!
Fabric: Buy samples, buy samples, buy samples. And make sure it's thick enough. Lots of fabric is secretly-seethrough, if you're not good at picking it out, and then you have to double up. Which isn't bad or anything, just annoying.
Buttons: I'm in the same boat as you. However, you can get the Cross that goes on the chest on Ebay. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
LonelyCosplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 05:22 AM   #3
shadowdragon13
Dont mess with the Dragon

Awesome, your making your own cosplay. I'm happy for you. It's so much fun.

I do the same. I made these guys costumes. :3
http://houkougirl13.deviantart.com/a...360846&qo=7 1

Gee, buttons. I used these fancy silver buttons I found a discount store. They don't look exactly like the ones on the uniforms but they work out.
Fabric, I used solid black cotton fabric. It's not very see through and since it was summer when these guys wore them, it wasn't that hot in them.
For the cross, I made my own pattern by drawing the shape on a piece of paper and cut it out on grey felt. After I sewed it to the coat I had my brother draw the design on the cross since I'm no good at detailed drawing.

I think I'll take pics of the buttons and cross so you can see what I mean. ^_^'
Pricilla (Fire Emblem Rekka no Ken) - 10%

2014 Cons: Wonder Con, Califur, Anime Expo, Anime California, Comikaze (maybe), Nuke the Fridge con.
shadowdragon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 09:12 AM   #4
-Nayami-
Makai tenjou!

Which cosplay are you planning on doing? I've done Kanda (1st uniform) and am working on Cross (General uniform). Their coats are very similar, and I've found twill works really well as the black base.

For the buttons and badge, we made our own. We sculpted it with clay and made a mold, and then we cast out of epoxy, which was spray painted and detailed by hand. I don't have any close-up pictures, but you can kind of see both here: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2551841/
Son Goku - Dragonball Z

@NayamiP
-Nayami- is offline   Reply With Quote