Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Metrocon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-09-2010, 09:54 PM   #16
malinaevelyn
needs more cowbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstinleigh View Post
Same here...I've never been to metrocon.

http://www.metroconventions.com/control.cfm?ID=4246

There's a map of the convention center. I think we should do it at riverwalk? It seems to be the simplest place to meet. And on Saturday, around...12?

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great, cause I seriously am not completely sure what I'm talking about.
For the photoshoot, I'm a photographer, and I'd be more than happy to take pictures of the group, or private pictures for individual characters.
My account on this is new, so I don't have any of my photography up, but I'm planning on having a photoshoot with kirstinleigh (Ventus) very soon.
I don't charge, they'd all be free shots. I have some non-cosplay photography here...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pieceofpeace/

I'll be at the photoshoot regardless, but it anyone wants individual or private shots, let me know beforehand if you can.
malinaevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-10-2010, 12:33 PM   #17
kirstinleigh

Saturday. First Floor, by registration (which is rooms 5-6. If you don't know where that is there's maps available to print out on metrocon's website, but it's pretty straightforward and a good place to meet up first so no one gets lost) I say we meet there then go outside to take pictures by Riverwalk at 12pm. Is everyone in on this idea? I'm going to post it on the photo shoot thread on here.
kirstinleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 12:19 AM   #18
AkatsukiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by malinaevelyn View Post
For the photoshoot, I'm a photographer, and I'd be more than happy to take pictures of the group, or private pictures for individual characters.
My account on this is new, so I don't have any of my photography up, but I'm planning on having a photoshoot with kirstinleigh (Ventus) very soon.
I don't charge, they'd all be free shots. I have some non-cosplay photography here...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pieceofpeace/

I'll be at the photoshoot regardless, but it anyone wants individual or private shots, let me know beforehand if you can.
You're pictures are absolutely beautiful, I must say I like your style a lot <3. Just bought myself a new camera, I will look soo noob compared to that xD. Mind to give me some tips? :3

Quote:
I say we meet there then go outside to take pictures by Riverwalk at 12pm. Is everyone in on this idea? I'm going to post it on the photo shoot thread on here.
Well, there is the Demyx Time panel, which is from 11am to 1pm, and I'd rather not miss it if possible :\. They do make a second one from 3pm to 5pm though...

Last edited by AkatsukiSky : 07-11-2010 at 11:06 PM.
AkatsukiSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 04:14 PM   #19
malinaevelyn
needs more cowbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkatsukiSky View Post
Well, there is the Demyx Time panel, which is from 11am to 13pm, and I'd rather not miss it if possible :\. They do make a second one from 3pm to 5pm though...
GOOD IDEA: I am talking to kirstinleigh, and we have just come up with a solution to this! After the first Demyx Time panel, around 1:30-2:00 (since most of KH cosplayers will be there anyway) we should meet up outside of the panel rooms (Panel rooms 1 & 2), THEN make our way to Riverwalk. I think we should stick with this one.

As for photography, we can meet up at the photoshoot and talk. (:

Last edited by malinaevelyn : 07-11-2010 at 04:20 PM.
malinaevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 10:14 PM   #20
Braithcakes
Doggie Ninja!

I might not be able to do zexy, I didn't get my wig yet =[
Soul Eater: Blaire(male)- Page 12, Chapter 73.
Male Dagger/Garnet: Final Fantasy-9

2011 Cons:
Megacon '11
Metrocon '11
Braithcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 11:19 PM   #21
AkatsukiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by malinaevelyn View Post
GOOD IDEA: I am talking to kirstinleigh, and we have just come up with a solution to this! After the first Demyx Time panel, around 1:30-2:00 (since most of KH cosplayers will be there anyway) we should meet up outside of the panel rooms (Panel rooms 1 & 2), THEN make our way to Riverwalk. I think we should stick with this one.
I approve of that! That would be more convenient (and I am also sure most of the KH cosplayers will be there xD).

Quote:
As for photography, we can meet up at the photoshoot and talk. (:
That would be really great :3 (my english speaking is a bit limited at the moment though, I prefer to tell 'cause I might ask to repeat a bit, I am sorry I'll try to learn all the english terms in advance x3).
Unread 07-12-2010, 12:10 AM   #22
gothicadam
Who me?

Hi so did we get a day and place up so i can write it down to attend ill be axel
Xenmas Kingdon Hearts 100% Completed

My Facebook http://www.facebook.com/gothicadam

For my cosplay photos go to http://picasaweb.google.com/116003591765305040870
[/size]
gothicadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2010, 12:49 AM   #23
kirstinleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicadam View Post
Hi so did we get a day and place up so i can write it down to attend ill be axel
It's gonna be on Saturday outside of panel rooms 1&2 after the demyx time pannel, around 2:00 after we meet outside the panel rooms we'll make our way outside on riverwalk to take pictures.
Unread 07-12-2010, 10:27 PM   #24
DevTehFiend
Fiendishly Artistic

Hey, I'll be attending Metrocon for the first time in five years, and if I can get my Aqua Costume finished in time I'd love to join you guys (especially since it looks like my friend won't be going with me on Sat. like we planned.) Tomorrow I'll be going to get the remaining supplies that I need so, though it looks like it'll be close I should be able to get everything done. ^^; No keyblade, though, unfortunately, had NO time to make it.

Completed:
Aqua (Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep)

In Progress:
Princess Katia- Lost Kingdoms/Rune (making the mock-ups)
DevTehFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2010, 09:00 AM   #25
kirstinleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevTehFiend View Post
Hey, I'll be attending Metrocon for the first time in five years, and if I can get my Aqua Costume finished in time I'd love to join you guys (especially since it looks like my friend won't be going with me on Sat. like we planned.) Tomorrow I'll be going to get the remaining supplies that I need so, though it looks like it'll be close I should be able to get everything done. ^^; No keyblade, though, unfortunately, had NO time to make it.
YAY, AN AQUA! Now my Ven won't be all alone!
No worries, I had no time to make my keyblade either.
Unread 07-13-2010, 06:28 PM   #26
DevTehFiend
Fiendishly Artistic

Quote:
YAY, AN AQUA! Now my Ven won't be all alone!
No worries, I had no time to make my keyblade either.
Yay! Though of course that means there's a Terra out there somewhere all sad and stuff because he misses his friends. XD

My nephew tried to talk me into making him a Ventus costume last time he was over. XD I was just like, "This is my first time sewing and I have two months to make THIS. Try asking when I'm not elbow deep in fraying fabric."

Something cool, I'm also making some extra pieces to my costume so that my aqua would be acceptable for the Masquerade Ball. So I've kind of got two Aqua costumes, her normal and a formal version. ^^

Completed:

In Progress:
Unread 07-13-2010, 07:08 PM   #27
kirstinleigh

Quote:
Yay! Though of course that means there's a Terra out there somewhere all sad and stuff because he misses his friends. XD

My nephew tried to talk me into making him a Ventus costume last time he was over. XD I was just like, "This is my first time sewing and I have two months to make THIS. Try asking when I'm not elbow deep in fraying fabric."

Something cool, I'm also making some extra pieces to my costume so that my aqua would be acceptable for the Masquerade Ball. So I've kind of got two Aqua costumes, her normal and a formal version. ^^
That is pretty cool. : D I wish I could go to the Masquerade but I won't get into Tampa until around 12 am that Friday.
Mwahah, I'll have to find some random Terra before the photoshoot and force him into coming so we won't be all alone. XD
Unread 07-14-2010, 08:16 AM   #28
DevTehFiend
Fiendishly Artistic

Quote:
That is pretty cool. : D I wish I could go to the Masquerade but I won't get into Tampa until around 12 am that Friday.
Mwahah, I'll have to find some random Terra before the photoshoot and force him into coming so we won't be all alone. XD
Yus! I approve of this plan!

Where are you coming from? ^^

Completed:

In Progress:
Unread 07-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #29
kirstinleigh

Quote:
Yus! I approve of this plan!

Where are you coming from? ^^
The whole other side of the state, Satellite Beach. And since my ride can't take me until 8ish I won't get there till after the masquerade is over. ):

what about you?
Unread 07-14-2010, 07:02 PM   #30
DevTehFiend
Fiendishly Artistic

Quote:
The whole other side of the state, Satellite Beach. And since my ride can't take me until 8ish I won't get there till after the masquerade is over. ):

what about you?
I'm, like, a twenty minute drive away. We head up by there to go to the movies all the time. ^^

Also, my friend might be coming as well. We're about to go through her closet any minute now to see if she has anything we can use to McGyver her up a KH type of costume (we're leaning toward a heartless-type gijinka thing.)

Completed:

In Progress: