Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Metrocon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #31
kirstinleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevTehFiend View Post
I'm, like, a twenty minute drive away. We head up by there to go to the movies all the time. ^^

Also, my friend might be coming as well. We're about to go through her closet any minute now to see if she has anything we can use to McGyver her up a KH type of costume (we're leaning toward a heartless-type gijinka thing.)
LUCKY. I wish I lived that close.

I've always wanted to do that mushroom heartless ginjinka. The one you fight in Alice in Wonderland. Well, not fight since it kinda just moves around. XD
kirstinleigh is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-15-2010, 10:04 PM   #32
DevTehFiend
Fiendishly Artistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstinleigh View Post
LUCKY. I wish I lived that close.

I've always wanted to do that mushroom heartless ginjinka. The one you fight in Alice in Wonderland. Well, not fight since it kinda just moves around. XD
This is kind of ending up being a random heartless-esque gijinka thing at this point. ^^; Right now we've got dark pants, a mandarin black and red top that's going to have a black top under it (that I'm going to alter to fit the Squarey theme of KH and prolly stick a heartless symbol on) and then I'm going to be doing her hair and make up. That's about all I have to work with, dunno how to really make her look anymore heartlessy (though we did come up with a joke in which she's going to be wearing TONS of heart shaped jewelry.)

Completed:
Aqua (Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep)

In Progress:
Princess Katia- Lost Kingdoms/Rune (making the mock-ups)
DevTehFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 11:51 PM   #33
kirstinleigh

Quote:
This is kind of ending up being a random heartless-esque gijinka thing at this point. ^^; Right now we've got dark pants, a mandarin black and red top that's going to have a black top under it (that I'm going to alter to fit the Squarey theme of KH and prolly stick a heartless symbol on) and then I'm going to be doing her hair and make up. That's about all I have to work with, dunno how to really make her look anymore heartlessy (though we did come up with a joke in which she's going to be wearing TONS of heart shaped jewelry.)
YAY IT'S OFFICALLY A WEEK UNTIL METROCON!
: D
Well that sounds like it's going to work out pretty well for something you guys just decided to make.
Unread 07-16-2010, 10:22 AM   #34
DevTehFiend
Fiendishly Artistic

Quote:
YAY IT'S OFFICALLY A WEEK UNTIL METROCON!
: D
Well that sounds like it's going to work out pretty well for something you guys just decided to make.
YAY! And I'm FINALLY almost done! I just need to paint and assemble my armor, sew on a few pieces of velcro and a few snaps, and pick up my corset, chest strappy thingies, and contacts!

Completed:

In Progress:
Unread 07-16-2010, 09:21 PM   #35
kirstinleigh

Quote:
YAY! And I'm FINALLY almost done! I just need to paint and assemble my armor, sew on a few pieces of velcro and a few snaps, and pick up my corset, chest strappy thingies, and contacts!
HUZZAH!
My costumes done but the armor isn't as great as it could be. What material are you using for that part?
Unread 07-18-2010, 01:01 AM   #36
DevTehFiend
Fiendishly Artistic

Quote:
HUZZAH!
My costumes done but the armor isn't as great as it could be. What material are you using for that part?
Craft foam, using this tutorial: http://www.entropyhouse.com/penwiper...helmsdeep.html (only I'm using chrome spray paint and airbrushing instead of rub n buff.)

Because of this though it looks really flat. REALLY GOOD THOUGH! Just flat. I plan on remaking them when I have the time. The same guy who is making my corset and straps also made my emblem, and I'm hoping he can help me make the armor later as well. He mentioned using fiberglass resin,which is what he made my emblem out of and let's just say it looks AMAZING. Probably the best piece of my entire costume. XD

I am hoping to have enough time before the con to have a small shoot in my back yard. There's a nice wooded area and I'll use that to work on poses and make sure the costume can handle constant movement because those pieces at the end of her shoes scare me. I have nightmares about accidentally kicking something and them ruining. ^^;

Completed:

In Progress:
Unread 07-18-2010, 01:49 AM   #37
kirstinleigh

Quote:
Craft foam, using this tutorial: http://www.entropyhouse.com/penwiper...helmsdeep.html (only I'm using chrome spray paint and airbrushing instead of rub n buff.)

Because of this though it looks really flat. REALLY GOOD THOUGH! Just flat. I plan on remaking them when I have the time. The same guy who is making my corset and straps also made my emblem, and I'm hoping he can help me make the armor later as well. He mentioned using fiberglass resin,which is what he made my emblem out of and let's just say it looks AMAZING. Probably the best piece of my entire costume. XD

I am hoping to have enough time before the con to have a small shoot in my back yard. There's a nice wooded area and I'll use that to work on poses and make sure the costume can handle constant movement because those pieces at the end of her shoes scare me. I have nightmares about accidentally kicking something and them ruining. ^^;
I still need to make my emblem too. ;_;
I think i'm just going to deal with my crappy armor and fix it later...yeah, i'm constantly flipping out about my costume or wig failing seconds before the con, which is why I'm going to shove a bunch of thread, needles, tap, hairspray, and hairglue into my bag.
If you can't take picture before the con we always have super professional camera toting Sora/Malina photographer to take pictures. : D
Unread 07-18-2010, 12:32 PM   #38
DevTehFiend
Fiendishly Artistic

Quote:
I still need to make my emblem too. ;_;
I think i'm just going to deal with my crappy armor and fix it later...yeah, i'm constantly flipping out about my costume or wig failing seconds before the con, which is why I'm going to shove a bunch of thread, needles, tap, hairspray, and hairglue into my bag.
If you can't take picture before the con we always have super professional camera toting Sora/Malina photographer to take pictures. : D
Indeed, lol. XD

My wig looks like crap. The color is good, though closer to Aqua's color from the secret video than what her hair color looks like in game (which I'm fine with) but I messed up on what side was what and ended up cutting pieces wrong. It looks alright for hair, just doesn't look like Aqua's hair. I'll probably have to wash it to fix it, since I think my main problem is there's too much hair spray in it and it's weighing it down.

Completed:

In Progress:
Unread 07-18-2010, 01:15 PM   #39
kirstinleigh

Quote:
Indeed, lol. XD

My wig looks like crap. The color is good, though closer to Aqua's color from the secret video than what her hair color looks like in game (which I'm fine with) but I messed up on what side was what and ended up cutting pieces wrong. It looks alright for hair, just doesn't look like Aqua's hair. I'll probably have to wash it to fix it, since I think my main problem is there's too much hair spray in it and it's weighing it down.
I'd wash it out and dry it with the cool setting on your hair dryer. The hair spray glue stuff actually does come out, it just makes you're hands all slimy and stuff. I'm sure once you wash all the hair stuff out you'll be able to fix it. I've seen people do Aqua with only a short blue wig and no styling at all and they still look great. O:
Unread 07-18-2010, 01:41 PM   #40
DevTehFiend
Fiendishly Artistic

Quote:
I'd wash it out and dry it with the cool setting on your hair dryer. The hair spray glue stuff actually does come out, it just makes you're hands all slimy and stuff. I'm sure once you wash all the hair stuff out you'll be able to fix it. I've seen people do Aqua with only a short blue wig and no styling at all and they still look great. O:
Thanks much. ^^ This will be a good opportunity to straighten it as well, since it's just this really annoying wave in the bangs. Probably why I got the sides mixed up in the first place (they were swooping one way when they're supposed to swoop the other.)

Completed:

In Progress:
Unread 07-18-2010, 10:17 PM   #41
malinaevelyn
needs more cowbell

interrupting cow.

MOO.
malinaevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2010, 11:35 PM   #42
kirstinleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by malinaevelyn View Post
interrupting cow.

MOO.
You are such a retard...
Unread 07-19-2010, 01:51 PM   #43
DevTehFiend
Fiendishly Artistic

HA! You got me!

Completed:

In Progress:
Unread 07-20-2010, 03:06 PM   #44
DawnKestrel
The easily confused one

I'm gonna be coming as a Dancer Nobody for Sat + Sun

Next costumes
Rodea from Rodea the Sky Soldier
Raikou from Pokemon
Haou from Yu-Gi-Oh
Jesse from Yu-Gi-Oh
DawnKestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 06:37 PM   #45
DevTehFiend
Fiendishly Artistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnKestrel View Post
I'm gonna be coming as a Dancer Nobody for Sat + Sun
Oh wow, that's cool! Can't wait to see that!

Completed:

In Progress: