Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AMē

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-19-2010, 10:37 PM   #16
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Quote:
The MAX forums have opened so it looks like we can go ask questions and even request guests there it seems. I think with Chase Wang's connections, it is possible that he bring amazing guests to the MAX event. So we should go post our requests there. Supposedly their staff are promising that they will take attendee questions and considerations very seriously for many things like convention operations, various events, guests, ideas.

http://forums.club2themax.com/
Just as a side note...

You really need to get someone who is a staff of MAX to put in a formal request to create a new section for MAX to the Adminstrator of Cosplay.com as soon as possible. The sooner someone puts in a formal request, the sooner the Cosplay.com admin can create a whole new section for MAX here on the convention forums. Once the section for MAX has been created here, people don't have to keep shifting & searching through the AX forum section for news about MAX.

Cosplay.com also gets a lot of traffic both domestically & internationally, so it would be very beneficial for MAX to have a section here at Cosplay.com.

Last edited by Hakaider : 10-19-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Hakaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-25-2010, 08:38 PM   #17
MeiChama
Mahou Shoujo★MeiMei

I've already signed up on the forums and posted! :'D I think I'm going to go to this instead of AX for next year.
Freddy Fazbear [Genderbend Gijinka] - Five Nights at Freddy's
Hiro Hamada - Big Hero 6
Hatsune Miku [Racing Queen 2015] - Vocaloid
Alvin [Genderbend] - Tales of Xillia
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2010, 11:36 PM   #18
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeiChama View Post
I've already signed up on the forums and posted! :'D I think I'm going to go to this instead of AX for next year.
I'll be seeing you this year then, after all the difficulties AX has given me its easier just to go with my cosplay and con buddies to enjoy MAX, thou a few of us will probably sign up as volunteers for S.H.I.E.L.D., im also the same name on the MAX forums.
LelouchYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 01:41 AM   #19
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Quote:
I'll be seeing you this year then, after all the difficulties AX has given me its easier just to go with my cosplay and con buddies to enjoy MAX, thou a few of us will probably sign up as volunteers for S.H.I.E.L.D., im also the same name on the MAX forums.
Very well put. Why should we continue to shell out our hard earned money and setting aside precious vacation time just so we can get a big heartache & headache in return? Whatever happened to just having fun? Some of those AX staffers who are carrying a chip on their shoulder & treating their customers with utter & sheer contempt, are making it easier & easier for one to choose to go to MAX instead. (If you treat your customers badly & take them for granted, they'll just take their money, and just go someplace else.)
Unread 10-26-2010, 01:52 AM   #20
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

As things grow they change, a very used line people know it eventually comes to down this road but thats just another story for the AX problems post. Here will simply be about talking and spreading the word of MAX and whatever gets announced as we proceed.

So Hakaider as much as you have every right to complain let's save that for the lurkers in that room lol. We saw that the arcade has been hinted at for MAX, free events, cheaper prices for Exhibit Hall and Artist Alley that will be free for attendees to enter, wonder what else we can expect
Unread 10-26-2010, 03:11 AM   #21
daylight
Sugar Junkie

^ yeah im telling everyone I know to go to MAX instead
daylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 06:31 AM   #22
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Quote:
As things grow they change, a very used line people know it eventually comes to down this road but thats just another story for the AX problems post. Here will simply be about talking and spreading the word of MAX and whatever gets announced as we proceed.

So Hakaider as much as you have every right to complain let's save that for the lurkers in that room lol. We saw that the arcade has been hinted at for MAX, free events, cheaper prices for Exhibit Hall and Artist Alley that will be free for attendees to enter, wonder what else we can expect
LoL! You just know that the lurkers from AX are going to come into this room as well. (In fact, I just felt a disturbance in the Force that they were just here. I'm sure both the Sith and the Jedi knights have felt their presence as well. )

I'm really hoping that MAX will get it's own section here soon at Cosplay.com.

Besides the possible arcade and free events, I think MAX is going to have an impressive guest list, and are going to have some big names in their concerts. (Chase Wang is now with MAX, and this is the same person that brought the SKIN Concert, the "Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" SOS Brigade Concert, Morning Musume, AKB48 to AX, and "X" Japan & Marvel Comic's Stan Lee to the 2010 MAX. You just know that the guest list is going to be super impressive.)

Plus, it's only a few blocks from Disneyland. (People can easily walk to Disneyland before & after MAX. The Anaheim Convention Center is so close to the Magic Kingdom, that you can literally hear the people screaming when the elevator drops at the "Tower of Terror". )

I'm just curious what Anaheim hotels will be reserved for MAX.

Last edited by Hakaider : 10-26-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Unread 10-26-2010, 07:27 AM   #23
CodeShogun
Shogun Assassin

I feel like I'm more looking foward to MAX for next year besides Comic Con because of what they will bring to the table, which should be spectacular. I've been trying to spread the words around about MAX so we'll see what happen. I tried to pitch 'no badge fee' thing to them, lol.
CodeShogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 02:55 PM   #24
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeShogun View Post
I feel like I'm more looking foward to MAX for next year besides Comic Con because of what they will bring to the table, which should be spectacular. I've been trying to spread the words around about MAX so we'll see what happen. I tried to pitch 'no badge fee' thing to them, lol.
be sure to let them know some events will have that small minimal fee but it will probably be the huge stuff, but other concerts, events and exhibit hall will be free just so they dont think everything is free but again should be pretty awesome with what
Hakaider said.
Unread 10-26-2010, 04:38 PM   #25
CodeShogun
Shogun Assassin

Sweet, thanks for telling me that. Will keep that in mind.
CodeShogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 01:09 AM   #26
XStylus
Crispy Critter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LelouchYamazaki View Post
This should have its own con page imo, so people who don't know about MAX yet don't confuse it as something to do with AX.
For once, I agree. The mods should give C2M its own conference and move this thread there.
XStylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2010, 03:38 AM   #27
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaider View Post
I'm really hoping that MAX will get it's own section here soon at Cosplay.com.
Send a PM to admin, or ZiggyB, Michi, Yui, JiaJem, or Hime No Toki who will tell admin. It's up to him if/when he decides to add it.

If/when one is made, I won't be posting much in there as I'll be heading to AX in 2011.
"This is your job. You want a clear conscience, go start a charity. But if you want your own photography business, and your cosplayer boss says you gotta go out there and take a photo-shoot, go out there, take it, come back to work, and say "DO YOU NEED ME TO DO IT AGAIN?!!"
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2010, 04:43 AM   #28
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Thanks Eurobeat King!
Unread 10-28-2010, 10:55 AM   #29
sicdedman
SicLeatherFace

I'm going to AX 2011, but that doesnt mean other people have to so, people that i know that are on tight budgets im telling them about THE MAX. i even met a girl working at Walmart the other night that went to AX and Comic-con this year, those were the only 2 cons she knew about in California, so i pitched her the MAX and she was very interested.

since i HAVE already paid for AX im trying to think depending on What guests are going to be at what Con, i'll split maybe 2 days at MAX and 2 Days at AX.... not sure, im not getting a Hotel this year,i'll drive all the days if i do,end up going 2 and 2...

its a shame that both cons have to be on the same weekend, cause i would like to support them both,but it is no fair in a way to make us chose which is better. Its like fighting over a child (Do you love me or do you love her)????
PMX 2014 *8th Year* *3rd Year Staff* -- Loscon 2014 *3rd Year Staff*
sicdedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2010, 07:44 PM   #30
daylight
Sugar Junkie

yeah. I was a bit surprised they were both on the same weekend. I had previously planned to go to AX next year, but between hearing about all of the problems at AX and the price difference between the two- MAX wins. not to mention Anaheim is in a safer place
daylight is offline   Reply With Quote