I am a non-professional photographer who will be attending Otakon 2010. I'm not a beginner, but I'm continually trying to improve. These photoshoots are free, so you only need to volunteer some of your time. If you have a group cosplay, that is fine too.
If you're interested in a photoshoot at Otakon, please contact me via PM here, through Flickr's message system, or at email@example.com
If you directly email me, there is a chance that gmail may think your email is spam. If you don't get a response in a few days, please go through the PM or Flickr system.
* I will contact you one week before Otakon to confirm your appointment.
* We will meet at a common area at the con (described in the email/PM), and then we can go to the location of your choosing.
* Please describe your cosplay, so I can identify you at the con. If you pick a popular cosplay, I might need more information to identify you.
* In case there are last-minute change in plans, we should exchange cell phone numbers. I discard all phone numbers after the shoot. For privacy, only disclose your cell phone number in PM or email; don't post it directly in the thread
. If you don't have a cell phone or are not comfortable with giving away your number, then the 10-minute rule applies (see next bullet).
* The 10-minute rule is if neither party can find each other after 10 minutes of their scheduled appointment, then the session is canceled. That way, neither party is waiting around too long.
* I do not guarantee a set number of photographs at your photoshoot.
I will take as many photographs as reasonably possible in your session, but the number of photographs that you receive may be less than the number of photographs I shot.
* The photoshoot session are divided into one-hour units for mental convenience. Please keep in mind that this one hour timeframe also includes travel time between locations. The actual photoshoot session is probably 45-50 minutes long.
I apologize for any confusion, but I wanted to set the expectations properly.
* I can only take photographs at Otakon or other public areas in the vincinity. I cannot enter a private area, such as the National Aquarium at Baltimore Inner Harbor.
* You can use the photographs for non-commercial purposes. You allow me to post the photos on Flickr or my website. I do not use the photographs for any commercial purpose without an agreement between us beforehand (i.e. model release or other legal agreement).
Here are some links to my photos.
All Otakon 2007 Photos:
All Otakon 2008 Photos:
All Otakon 2009 Photos:
My entire Flickr photostream:
Thank you for reading.