Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 04-04-2013, 05:05 AM   #1
Neelh
Toa of Psionics

An idiot thinks of starting to wear lolita.

Full title: An idiot thinks of starting to wear lolita and ponders as to whether they can do it.

I've loved lots of different Japanese fashions for a while now, and my main question is whether or not I could only wear lolita sometimes, and wear jeans and a t shirt another day, and miniskirts and thigh-highs another. I'm afraid of being frowned upon for not adhering to a set of rules and, since I never really sick to one style at all times and only wear nice clothes on good days, that I would be considered as just cosplaying lolita.

I'm fourteen, so I can't really afford that much, living in the UK and shipping and other stuff and all.

So, yeah. Good idea?

i'm so sorry this is such an infodump i don't even make sense gfdi.

nokama.tumblr.com
Neelh is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #2
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

I actually had a similar question a while back. You don't have to wear lolita every day. You can just wear it to an event such as a lolita meetup or a con, or you can wear it on a regular day. No one really cares if you fully incorporate lolita into your life or not.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #3
noctiluca
ryuujin no miko

There's no rule saying you could only wear lolita o_O that would be extremely impractical.
A lot of the time people into the fashion have to limit wearing it to weekends or days off because it may not be appropriate to wear to school or work. Or sometimes they just don't feel like it that day. Doesn't make them any less lolita.

So no need to worry about it
"Yuko" Narukami (Persona 4)

I have a tumblr too!
noctiluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
Neelh
Toa of Psionics

Thanks! ^.^ I forgot to ask which the best places to buy lolita from in the UK are?

nokama.tumblr.com
Unread 04-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #5
sailormoonfan14

Agreed, there is nothing that says you have to wear it all the time I wear sweet lolita often and rockabilly/pinup other days, which are fairly opposite to eachother!

There aren't many physical lolita shops that i know of, the big brands have some in Paris and San Fran. Most of the time you will be ordering clothing online Bodyline is a popular inexpensive lolita company, most of their items are okay quality and shipping is $10 for airmail no matter how much you order, which is good if you are buying heavy things like shoes.

For more local shopping, you can also try shopping secondhand. There is a fb group called Lolita Sales in English where many girls sell thier secondhand lolita clothing, often for cheaper than retail price And you can make a wtb looking for U.K sellers. Just make sure you read the rules!

Another big place for secondhand shopping is egl_comm_sales.livejournal.com. This requires you to have an LJ account, and make sure you read all the rules carefully before you post, but you can find great deals

Good luck!
sailormoonfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #6
Neelh
Toa of Psionics

Thanks! This is really useful!

nokama.tumblr.com
Unread 04-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #7
Madam Neko
Tea, Moe, Art.

Try thrifting. Go to cute vintage shops and you can often find skirts that are very loli-able.
Madam Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #8
choxie-chan
Uchuu KITAAAAA!!!!

I agree with Madam Neko, there are Facebook groups where they do Lolita sales and can sell the, for ridiculously cheap! :O There's the EGL Comm Sales as well, but if you can, you should give Taobao brands a try, Chess Story is very cute and also very cheap comparing to brands, but you'll need to look for a Taobal agent to buy these items and send them to you, Taobaoring and Dolly Poodle (FB) are really trustable Bodyline is good too :3

AX 2014
Day 1: Struttin on fairy kei
Day 2: Mariah - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
Day 3: Chen - Touhou
Day 4: Mariah - JJBA:SC
choxie-chan is offline   Reply With Quote