Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > The Orange Box

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-24-2010, 11:24 PM   #1
Gaming Geek

Half-Life Cosplay

I've seen Team Fortress 2. I've seen Portal. I've seen Left 4 Dead 1 & 2. I've even seen Counterstrike once.

So why no Half-Life cosplay? There are alot of options, even three spin-off games to choose people to play as.

I think I was the first Gordon Freeman at A-Kon ever...

As for me, I'm in the early planning stages for an HEV suit. We'll see how that goes.
Gaming Geek is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-25-2010, 02:07 PM   #2
Imperator
Autarch's Guard

I wish there was more combine stuff on here =( we are getting outnumbered by scientists with crowbars by the hundreds!
Unread 06-26-2010, 03:05 AM   #3
Gaming Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperator View Post
I wish there was more combine stuff on here =( we are getting outnumbered by scientists with crowbars by the hundreds!
Oh no joke. I've seen what, 1 combine period. Outside "Escape from City 17", but I think they only had two costumes.

I'd do it, except...well, I have the face and the build. You have to play to your strengths.

I do know some people who could pull off Gordon Frohman, and John Freeman... Even one guy who's a passable Barney.

Need to convince them to do it... Maybe find someone to do Shepard, since you don't see his face he'll be easier to do.

And then convince the local club to do Halflife as their themed costume in two years...next year they're going to retry Valkyria Chronicles. It fell apart this year last second.

That would be nice. And even better, we're in Dallas so we could do that at Quakecon.

Tomorrow when I'm free I'll write up a quick "How to" on the scientist costume I did. Honestly I did a damn good job matching exactly the look from Blue Shift.

Last edited by Gaming Geek : 06-26-2010 at 03:07 AM.
Unread 06-27-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
Leadmill
Looks good in uniform...

I did an Adrian Shepard cosplay, it was really good fun actually.

Current Cosplay Projects
Nights Watch Brother (Game of Thrones) - 70%
Shy Guy (Mario Warfare) - 90%
Leadmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2010, 07:34 PM   #5
Hissora
ahurhurhur. :]

Gaming Geek, I think I saw you at A-kon! You were the Gordon in the labcoat, yes?

Relating to half life cosplaying, after I get done with the stuff I'm doing now I really want to cosplay Alyx.
Unread 06-27-2010, 07:37 PM   #6
Garfsan
Tempus Fugit

Going for a simple citizen one first, then up to the rebels. Should be pretty simple and the weaps wont be too hard apart from the AR2 :S
Unread 06-27-2010, 09:27 PM   #7
Gaming Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hissora View Post
Gaming Geek, I think I saw you at A-kon! You were the Gordon in the labcoat, yes?
Yep, that was me.

Quote:
Relating to half life cosplaying, after I get done with the stuff I'm doing now I really want to cosplay Alyx.
...I'm annoyed. Her costume is SO MUCH EASIER than the HEV suit. :/

Oh well.

--------------------

So, I've got the Mark 5 in it's planning stage right now. I've found a good substitute for the undersuit. Since the top bodysleeve seems to be a different color than the bottom, I'm going to get two piece of Underarmor. I know the texture doesn't quite fit, but it's my one concession to living in Texas. I am not passing out for my art. I want to be awake and alive to enjoy it.

I've got a full working plan on having sound and effects. That was actually easier for me than finding the materials and plans for the body. I'll be aquiring the parts when I get some cash together. Still trying to decide if it's worth it to splice them both onto a single power source or not.

As for the armor... Well, I ran into a technique that I might want to use instead of the fiberglass or molding that I was previously considering. I want to investigate it first.

So yea. Still in the planing stage, but I'm one of those people who tries to plan the entire project out first BEFORE spending money. No reason to do a job twice if you can get it right the first time.
Unread 08-03-2010, 03:06 PM   #8
Captain Ireland
Pirate Deadpool

Exclamation Otakon anyone?

Hey all I was a headcrab zombie(scientist version) at Otakon this year... and i was rather upset to find no Gordon Freeman's out and about... Step it up people!
Captain Ireland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 09:48 PM   #9
Dream walker
OMG it's a guy!

I downloaded a pattern for a head crab, So I'll start working on that. for a zombie cosplay, of course.
Dream walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2010, 06:44 PM   #10
Big appleton

gonna attempt a resistance soldier, but finding that blue jacket's gonna be a bitch
Big appleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2011, 02:19 PM   #11
ElectriqueChair

bumpin' this thread like a bawss

I cosplayed a Headcrab scientist zombie, as well as Judith Mossman, at MTAC two years ago. Easily the funniest cosplay ever for the zombie, and only a few people recognized Judith but it was pretty fun, too. In the works is a resistance/rebel costume, and by jove, if I were taller I'd cosplay as the G-man, too.
ElectriqueChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 04:08 AM   #12
omgorchid
I try.

I'm planning on cosplaying Gordon Freeman (might or might not happen) but I have no idea how to make his HEV suit. ;a ; how are you planning on making yours?
omgorchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #13
Hakkari
HEY! LISTEN!

I really want to do Alyx sometime in the future, along with a Combine soldier x3 The only issue is that I know no one else who likes Half-Life (or any Valve game, for that matter) that would be willing to cosplay as a Gordon xD

But yes! More HL cosplays are needed D8
Hakkari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #14
Skeff

Since I just recently cut my beard off (oh no right? lol), my next project is an HEV suit to go as Gordon. I'm planning on using foam for the first time to make it, it should turn out pretty well from what I'm thinking, at least I hope.

"Your mechanical minions have been defeated! Now its just you, me, me, me and meeeee!"

Table Tops, Drinking and Stuff
http://totalmisanthropy.blogspot.com/
Skeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 01:20 PM   #15
Tyler_from_IN

Half-Life cosplay would be really fun! When I finally admit to myself that I'm too old to keep cosplaying high school students, I might try doing Gordon Freeman :P Or maybe his brother, John >.>
Tyler_from_IN is offline   Reply With Quote