Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop > Vocaloid

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-24-2010, 07:28 AM   #16
Rin.Kagamine
Random Cosplayer. ;P
 
Rin.Kagamine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 84
Vocaloid is not a manga or an anime.

Vocaloid is a voice synthesizer program.

Those 'chars' aren't what you think they are. They are voice banks that have a picture.

If you do happen to find an anime with vocaloid, it was fan made.

Oh and the vocaloid program cost quite a bit, just for one voice bank.
Rin.Kagamine is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 08-20-2011, 08:03 PM   #17
momo6548
Lolita in Training
 
momo6548's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 413
I have a question: how do you find the other outfits for the characters other than in their box art? I have a DVD of a few PV clips, but I've seen a ton of different Vocaloid outfits. All the videos on Youtube are either fan made or don't show an outfit, where do you find the official outfits? (I also have an ulterior motive for this post: I'm trying to find out if SF-A2 Miki has a magnet outfit but I don't know where to look xD)
__________________
Current Projects:

Goron Tunic Link (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
SF-A2 Miki (Vocaloid)
Super Sailor Mercury (Sailor Moon)
momo6548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2011, 10:17 PM   #18
bunny-hun
Registered User
 
bunny-hun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 15
There's a game called 'Hatsune Miku: Project Diva' and a second 'Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2nd'. Both have a lot outfits for the Vocaloids, but only have them for Miku, Len, Rin, Luka, Kaito, Meiko, and then Neru and Haku in the 2nd.
bunny-hun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #19
Kuriin
DO NOT THROW SOULS
 
Kuriin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 504
Most other outfits are from popular fanmade videos/art. c: I'm sure there's a Magnet version of Miki somewhere, otherwise you could just make your own design. With the butterfly headset and wig you'll be recognized anyways
__________________

Next Con: Motaku???

.:Working On:.
.:Flandre Scarlet -Touhou
.:Nepeta Leijon- Homestuck

dA
Kuriin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 11:20 AM   #20
momo6548
Lolita in Training
 
momo6548's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuriin View Post
Most other outfits are from popular fanmade videos/art. c: I'm sure there's a Magnet version of Miki somewhere, otherwise you could just make your own design. With the butterfly headset and wig you'll be recognized anyways
Thanks for the response! I'm thinking of basing my Magnet Miki cosplay off of a fanart I found. The thing is, one of my friends is considering doing a Magnet Meiko, would it be ok for us to pose together even if there isn't an actual magnet duet song done by those two?
__________________
Current Projects:

Goron Tunic Link (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
SF-A2 Miki (Vocaloid)
Super Sailor Mercury (Sailor Moon)
momo6548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #21
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!
 
Kawaii Pocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,130
This is old. I'm super obsessed with Vocaloids now. Isn't Miku's magnet outfit just a plain black dress? Atleast the cosplays/fan art I've seen Miku's dress was a plain black dress.
__________________
2013 Planned Anime Cons:
Shutocon
Youmacon
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 06:09 PM   #22
Convulsive
My name is Kan
 
Convulsive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by momo6548 View Post
Thanks for the response! I'm thinking of basing my Magnet Miki cosplay off of a fanart I found. The thing is, one of my friends is considering doing a Magnet Meiko, would it be ok for us to pose together even if there isn't an actual magnet duet song done by those two?
of course it is. tons of people do random vocaloids together!
__________________

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2011, 12:15 AM   #23
pyrodancer
Registered User
 
pyrodancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 444
so, i've known about vocaloid for a while now, but never quite got into it.... but just recently i was looking around and came across some of the vocaloid's live concerts on youtube, OMG it's amazing what technology can do these days!!!! XP now i'm totally hooked on vocaloid, and am planning on doing a Len cosplay soon, i can't wait ^^
pyrodancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #24
Strawberrylawli
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin.Kagamine View Post
Vocaloid is not a manga or an anime.

Vocaloid is a voice synthesizer program.

Those 'chars' aren't what you think they are. They are voice banks that have a picture.

If you do happen to find an anime with vocaloid, it was fan made.

Oh and the vocaloid program cost quite a bit, just for one voice bank.
Well there is the black rock shooter ovas
Strawberrylawli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 06:59 PM   #25
Codename Otacon
Force a Nature
 
Codename Otacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberrylawli View Post
Well there is the black rock shooter ovas
But its not Vocaloid. The character is not Miku:\
__________________
...Oh, for crying out loud! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

*Conventions for 2014*
Otakon Vegas
Anime Expo
Anime California

*Cosplay list for 2015*
Red Medic(Fem!)-Team Fortress 2
Red Scout(Fem!)-Team Fortress 2
Codename Otacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 08:59 AM   #26
EndThisRapture
Needs a duel disk!
 
EndThisRapture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 185
I know that the vocaloid fandom is pretty serious, and I was curious if someone where to cosplay as a Vocaloids character without being overly familiar, super deep in the the fandom would that be frowned upon?

I really enjoy the character designs, and have considered cosplaying, but its always in the back of my head..feeling like If I were to do that it would be frowned upon.
__________________


Princess Zelda - [LoZ: Windwaker]
Cordelia -[Fire Emblem: Awakening]
Lucina - [Fire Emblem: Awakening]
Dead Master - [Black★Rock Shooter]

Planned:
Carl Clover [Blazblue]
DTK [Soul Eater]
Echo [Pandora Hearts]
Sumia - [Fire Emblem: Awakening]
EndThisRapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 03:59 PM   #27
sakura05
sakura05
 
sakura05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3
Vocaloid♪

they are basically really advanced virtual jpop singers with "personalites"...they're awesome...
__________________
meikosakine♪
sakura05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #28
tohruxshigure
TohruxShigure
 
tohruxshigure's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4
There is a manga about the dark woods circus series.... very scary though
tohruxshigure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 07:35 PM   #29
tohruxshigure
TohruxShigure
 
tohruxshigure's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndThisRapture View Post
I know that the vocaloid fandom is pretty serious, and I was curious if someone where to cosplay as a Vocaloids character without being overly familiar, super deep in the the fandom would that be frowned upon?

I really enjoy the character designs, and have considered cosplaying, but its always in the back of my head..feeling like If I were to do that it would be frowned upon.
I wouldn't look down on you....and I'm SUPER into vocaloid. As long as you don't insult the character or fandom, people would probably be fine with it. DO NOT accidently gender bend! NEVER! On purpose it's ok, but when people call characters like Piko girls, things get messy....
tohruxshigure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:36 PM   #30
Suuki
Kyle Broflovski
 
Suuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by tohruxshigure View Post
I wouldn't look down on you....and I'm SUPER into vocaloid. As long as you don't insult the character or fandom, people would probably be fine with it. DO NOT accidently gender bend! NEVER! On purpose it's ok, but when people call characters like Piko girls, things get messy....
You.. bumped this thread.. for that?
__________________
Conventions attending:
Anime California '14
Pacific Media Expo '14
----
Anime LA '15
WonderCon '15
Anime Conji '15
Ninja Con '15
Anime Expo '15
San Diego Comic Con '15
Suuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.