Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Phoenix Wright

Unread 06-29-2010, 12:53 PM   #1
Colypso
No, no, no.

Suit Help!

Hello, and I am not entirely sure if this is in the right section. If not, I'm sorry!

I am planning on making a Miles Edgeworth cosplay ( Here is a pic of him just incase : http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10...8-50105801.jpg )

I haven't started it yet, but plan to as soon as possible. The only thing is, I don't know what I should do with the suit. Are there any tips on how to make one, or should I go out and buy a really cheap one... THough I don't think I'll find one that colour. lol

Any help or tips will be appreciated!

Current Project;

Lady!Thor; Avengers 10/100%
Colypso is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-29-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
Pixie of Death
chaotic fabulous

Well, you might be able to find one that color somewhere, but I'd recommend sewing it yourself. Or getting someone to sew it for you. But really, sewing isn't half as scary as it seems, and that looks like a pretty straightforward suit, so it shouldn't be too difficult.

I'd check the major pattern companies (Simplicity, McCall's, Butterick) for a pattern.

Good luck!
Ulquiorra Cifer | Bleach

.x.x.x. Costume journal, tutorials, and general wackiness here .x.x.x.
Pixie of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 02:41 PM   #3
TR Rose
Meowing About

The only suit pattern I know of for a *men's* suit is made by Burda.

This is an advanced sewing pattern. It's difficult. I made this for my husband's Phoenix Wright suit and it was a tricky pattern, and I wound up having to make the jacket twice because I messed it up.

My advice is to get some cheap practice fabric first (muslin, old bedsheets) and make a mockup (or several) until you get it right. That is not a pattern for beginners. Not trying to be a downer, but I speak from experience.

Best of luck!
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 05:50 PM   #4
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

TR Rose is right (as usual!) Even a "straightforward" suit is a challenge to sew. If you do decide to make your own give yourself plenty of time. I second the suggestion of making a muslin to test things out. I also recommend buying a cheap jacket from a thrift store and dissecting it to see all the layers and how they are put together. Kwiksew also has a men's suit coat pattern.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 11:50 PM   #5
AliceinIvory
Alice Addison

I wouldn't usually recommend Vogue patterns to people who don't want to do anything extravagent and extremely hard >_>;;;; but I just finished a men's Vogue suit pattern that was surprisingly an easy design .... It's a simple design but ends up looking as polished as you'd want it to for this character ! The number is V1753. Happy hunting -Alice-