Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > MikomiCon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-12-2010, 07:06 PM   #1
No Face

Artist Alley Information [Last Update: 9/2/10] 30% full!

Hey guys!

My name is Tina and I'll be your host for this years Mikomicon Artist Alley. This is my first year running any Artist Alley so bare with me! ^^;

Registration for the Artist Alley is open!. We are currently 30% full!

Artist Alley Dates
November 27-28, 2010 at CSUN

Artist Alley Application Form

Email the following to artistalley@mikomicon.com:
Artist Name:
Studio/Business Name:
CA Seller's Permit #:
Over 18?:
If no, Parent/Guardian Name:
Parent/Guardian Cell #:
Active E-Mail Address:
(Add artistyalley@mikomicon.org to your safe list!)
Table Location Requests:
(Wall space, end space, near another artist, away from another artist, etc.)
What sorts of items will you be selling? Please be specific!
Any other requests or notes:
Would you like to preorder a Mikomicon tee-shirt for $10? If yes, write your size and for male or female and include $10 extra to your total.

How Much?
Half tables are $13 each. We have a VERY limited number of slots so we will be limiting artists to one half table each per person. If we do not fill up, we will offer full tables to artists who requested them in the order that they were requested.

What do I need?
A California Seller's Permit is required to sell in the MikomiCon Artist Alley. Obtain one here: California BoE People who list Pending or Dont Have One yet for their Sellers Permit # will have their application put on hold until a seller's permit number is acquired. Registration is not open yet so take this opportunity to get your permit early!

Will electricity be available?
Unknown at this time but I will try my best to get it for the people who need it!

What can be sold?
Anything you make, you can sell. There are a few exceptions, however these are to be judged on a case by case basis rather than banned outright. The exceptions are: Custom painted pre-existing items (Example: Custom Painted My Little Ponys or Dolfies), items made from pre-existing possibly copyrighted materials (Example: Origami crafts made from pages of a book or newspaper), items made from pre-existing possibly copyrighted patterns or designs (Example: Papercraft creations not designed by the artist) Obviously, anything you make means that you must have a significant amount of creative input into the item being sold. Bootleg CDs, DVDs, manga, comics, etc are not permitted. Any items deemed unfit to sell may still be displayed as samples or decorations

Can I sell pocky/hello panda/ramen/sealed snack foods?
Nope, sorry! Let us know if you have any special requests though and we will try to have them available for you at the official Mikomicon concessions stand. You may give away snacks for free if you wish.

What can be displayed?
Anything that can be considered a PG rating or lower is acceptable. Any artwork which includes or insinuates any sort of adult situation, including but not limited to nudity, sexual situations, drugs or hardcore violence, must be properly censored before they can be displayed in the MikomiCon Artist Alley. Any works that may be deemed inappropriate may not be displayed on overhead displays and must be limited to display on the table only.

Any age limits?
Artists under the age of 18 are not permitted to sell adult artwork of any kind.

I want to go to a panel! Who can watch my table?
Anyone with a valid MikomiCon badge that you trust will be allowed to watch your table for you. Staff will not be available to watch your table or handle money for you.

Where am I?
Tables will be preassigned. After you apply for your table, you will receive an email with your space number.

Can I have a wall space/end space/a space next to my friend/a space away from my enemy?
Special location requests will be considered based on the nature of the need but I will try to accommodate as many as I can. Please specify any requests on your application.

The AA will make the final judgement when there is any sort of misunderstanding regarding AA conduct.

Let me know if you have any questions! I don't have the AA Email yet so feel free to post your questions or concerns!

Last update: 08.12.10

Last edited by No Face : 09-02-2010 at 05:50 PM.
No Face is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-13-2010, 12:12 AM   #2
usachiru

Hello, sorry for immediately bugging you but I have a question in regards to the seller's permit--

By "pending" do you mean that we don't have it in hand at the time of registering? Or can we have been registered but currently waiting for the actual permit in the mail?

This was usually the issue in another con is all so I just want to know how Mikomicore is operating it.

I'm sorry for the trouble again. Thank you for your time and hard work for making this happen >.<
usachiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2010, 12:38 PM   #3
No Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by usachiru View Post
Hello, sorry for immediately bugging you but I have a question in regards to the seller's permit--

By "pending" do you mean that we don't have it in hand at the time of registering? Or can we have been registered but currently waiting for the actual permit in the mail?

This was usually the issue in another con is all so I just want to know how Mikomicore is operating it.

I'm sorry for the trouble again. Thank you for your time and hard work for making this happen >.<
Yes, you need to have your permit already in hand when you submit your AA application. The process can take about an hour if you visit a local BoE office (Get an appointment and walk in) or about two weeks if you apply by mail but please allow up to 6 weeks... you never know what sorts of delays might happen (So go in person!)

Last edited by No Face : 08-16-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Unread 08-13-2010, 11:59 PM   #4
Shichikou
Jo Luffiro Sauce

do you know how much the table will be around and how big it would be yet?

Katsucon 2014

My Stuff: Facebook | Photography
SSC CREW: Home Village | FORUM | Deviant Art | YouTube
Shichikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 01:53 AM   #5
nikkiecole
Pika Pi

A note on BOE permit apps: increased mail time from about 2 weeks to 2-6 weeks. With it being holidays and multiple cons going on at that time there may be a delay. I know there was a huge delay with AX applicants getting theirs on time.

Is there any rule on selling for another artist(s) (usually termed proxy selling or 3rd party selling) if we have written permisision from said artist(s)?
nikkiecole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 06:53 PM   #6
No Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shichikou View Post
do you know how much the table will be around and how big it would be yet?
I am still waiting for table information from the con head which I should get sometime this week. When we know how many tables we have, we will have a price for them. They will likely be the standard 3'x6' size.
Unread 08-16-2010, 07:07 PM   #7
No Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiecole View Post
A note on BOE permit apps: increased mail time from about 2 weeks to 2-6 weeks. With it being holidays and multiple cons going on at that time there may be a delay. I know there was a huge delay with AX applicants getting theirs on time.

Is there any rule on selling for another artist(s) (usually termed proxy selling or 3rd party selling) if we have written permisision from said artist(s)?
Good thing to point out, noted!

As long as you have written permission from said artists and it all checks out (I will ask to contact the artists to triple check) then proxy selling should be no problem.
Unread 08-19-2010, 01:07 AM   #8
Shichikou
Jo Luffiro Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Face View Post
I am still waiting for table information from the con head which I should get sometime this week. When we know how many tables we have, we will have a price for them. They will likely be the standard 3'x6' size.
oh ok. i will wait for that update then. thank you for replying~

Katsucon 2014

Unread 08-23-2010, 08:33 PM   #9
usachiru

Hello thank you for answering the last one I just have another question regarding the update in the official site---

Is it true that pre-orders for tables are indeed up? Or is there another application? I sent an e-mail saying I was interested then got an automated message. However, I noticed it didn't have your name on the automated message. So I'm wondering if the e-mail itself is valid?
Unread 08-24-2010, 11:19 AM   #10
No Face

Quote:
Hello thank you for answering the last one I just have another question regarding the update in the official site---

Is it true that pre-orders for tables are indeed up? Or is there another application? I sent an e-mail saying I was interested then got an automated message. However, I noticed it didn't have your name on the automated message. So I'm wondering if the e-mail itself is valid?
Unfortunately that seems to be a communication error. I still do not have a table count (I will actually have that later today, finally.) and I cannot open registration without a table count (I don't want to over book the alley!) :/

What name shows up on the email? All the settings on my end show my name...

Last edited by No Face : 08-24-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Unread 08-24-2010, 12:23 PM   #11
usachiru

Ahh well it shows last year's coordinator's name instead =X this is the first time there was an automatic e-mail that's why I was confused (there wasn't one when I sent an e-mail a month ago)

Would you tell us the date when tables would be available before the actual date if it's too much trouble?

Also, is it okay if I can also sell for an artist that cannot attend?

Sorry again for nagging DX;;
Unread 08-24-2010, 03:55 PM   #12
Shichikou
Jo Luffiro Sauce

Hi there again~ i'm wondering about Assistant, can we have an assistant? and does she have to buy the ticket as well? she doesn't draw or will be attending any con even or anything, just there to help me in case i need to leave my table or anything

Katsucon 2014

Unread 08-25-2010, 12:15 PM   #13
No Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shichikou View Post
Hi there again~ i'm wondering about Assistant, can we have an assistant? and does she have to buy the ticket as well? she doesn't draw or will be attending any con even or anything, just there to help me in case i need to leave my table or anything
Yes, everyone involved with a table and walking within the artist alley area MUST have a con badge. It's seriously only $10 if you prereg right now. :P

Buying a badge helps support the convention so that we can continue to have a convention next year.

Last edited by No Face : 08-25-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Unread 08-25-2010, 12:22 PM   #14
No Face

Quote:
Would you tell us the date when tables would be available before the actual date if it's too much trouble?
I would but it's not a fact of causing suspense, it's a fact of not having all the information yet. I cannot promise a certain date if I do not know if I will have the information soon. Sorry! But don't worry, we're not terribly busy and I do not expect to sell out within 5 minutes like AX or ALA.

Quote:
Also, is it okay if I can also sell for an artist that cannot attend?

Sorry again for nagging DX;;
As long as you have written permission that is verified by me, yes you can.