Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Fullmetal Alchemist

Unread 07-03-2010, 01:22 PM   #1
Monniemoo
Call Me M

Dress Help

Okay, so this is kind of an awkward question...

The dress I got for the basis of my Sloth costume is pretty much perfect, except for the fact that it's a few sizes too big. I'm not exactly an expert sewer, and since the con I want to use it for is a week from today, I don't have the time to experiment on taking it in, because I'll probably end up messing up and having to start over again or completely ruining the dress.

The only reason the size is an issue is in the chest. While many girls find they need to bind their chests to fit male costumes better, I have the opposite issue. The dress looks awkward on me if I don't bulk myself up, but the only issue is that the dress has spaghetti straps, so I don't know how to bulk myself up without using something with straps or without it falling down.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Unread 07-03-2010, 01:52 PM   #2
Lacey

If the dress fits everywhere except for the bust, have you thought of using a strapless bra or bra with clear straps? You could get one with a larger cup size and insert padding of some sort like shoulder pads to help fill it out. And if you're still worried about the dress falling, you could get some dress tape to help hold things up.
Lacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 07:03 AM   #3
char99char
Crazy for costumes

You may also be able to take in the side seams under the arms for the top 2 inches or so (1/2 inch extra at the top and taper in to the existing seam allowance about 2 inches down) to take out some excess. You can try it out with a few safety pins before sewing it.
char99char is offline   Reply With Quote