Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Gurren Lagann

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-09-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
korokuXneo

Small-breasted Yokos - Opinions?

In the next few years, I was planning on cosplaying as Yoko from Gurren Lagann. I know that this cosplay is fairly common, but I wanted to anyway.
Issue-
My breasts are not exactly Yoko-sized. I have a muscular build. I am 5'0" and a size 5 or 6 in pants. I have plenty of butt, but no boobs. I'm sitting somewhere between an A and a B.

Yoko is obviously NOT an A or a B. I've seen some smaller-breasted Yokos on cosplay.com, but all of the cosplays of her that I have seen in person appear to boast D cups... sometimes larger. =/

I want to know whether or not people really care about the size of a Yoko's breasts. Hah. They will be fully covered by her bikini top. I'm not really up to doing something that will make them pop out everywhere. =/ I'd rather be a little more modest than that.
Lili - Tekken 6
Alisa - Tekken 6 *new!*
Gumi (Camellia Version) - Vocaloid *new!*
Valentine - Skullgirls *new!*
Adiane - Gurren Lagann *new!*

Possible 2013 Conventions
Swampcon | Momocon | Freecon | Animazement | Otakon (maybe) |Anime Weekend Atlanta
korokuXneo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-10-2010, 05:03 PM   #2
jounink
Holla!

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I cosplay characters that have WAYYYY more boobage than me and don't feel out of place. If you really want to you can add moderate padding/ removable cups to enhance your breast shape or cup size. I wouldn't go from an A/B cup to a D cup, but I would consider going from an A/B to a fuller B. Pushup jell Bra's work well too!
jounink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2010, 05:44 PM   #3
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

Coming from a female point of view, I prefer smaller-breasted Yokos as I'm not afraid their boobs are going to burst out of the not-very-supportive bikini top. I prefer the top to actually cover what its supposed to cover.

Honestly, I wish I was back to a B rather than having a set of Ds.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2010, 09:18 PM   #4
Lexandra

Daaamn, girl. you shouldn't worry about that kind of things. No one's going to judge for that matter. NO ONE can have an anime-like body unless they have FAKE breasts and I dont see how that would even be comfortable. Don't stress on that subject. Be happy with your body and screw the haters; you're cosplaying and enjoying your time, its all you really need , right?
Lexandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2010, 10:01 PM   #5
Zemy-Chan
Zemy-Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThakYuki View Post
Coming from a female point of view, I prefer smaller-breasted Yokos as I'm not afraid their boobs are going to burst out of the not-very-supportive bikini top. I prefer the top to actually cover what its supposed to cover..
Seconded. Big-breasted Yoko's scare me sometimes. The tops are just so small... But yeah, you should cosplay her! I know someone who's about to cosplay here and has small breasts. It's perfectly fine. :3
FireNation!Suki ~ Avatar The Last Airbender
Italy - Hetalia
Gijinka Pichu/Eevee - Pokemon
Cons!
AkiCon '11 ~ Fem!Scout, Tonks
SakuraCon '12 ~ Unsure
Gasukans~

dA
Zemy-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 12:31 AM   #6
Screamii
Screamii~

A small breasted Yoko is not a Yoko at all.
Unread 07-11-2010, 12:33 AM   #7
Lycorisa

Don't worry about it ^^ as long as the costume looks great you're good to go ^^.
Lycorisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 01:42 AM   #8
TheMissingLink
Blue Fire melts Red Ice

well if your cosplay is nice and accurate it doesn't really matter. Big breast is just a plus not something thats going to make or break your cosplay just make sure those shorts hug nice and you'll have no problem ^^

Last edited by TheMissingLink : 07-11-2010 at 01:42 AM. Reason: forgot a word....
TheMissingLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 03:03 PM   #9
LoyanteKittay(3
Olliebello

Yeah dont worry. I've seen pics of small yokos . Can't wait to see your Angel Taka at AZ14!
LoyanteKittay(3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 04:17 PM   #10
korokuXneo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexandra View Post
Daaamn, girl. you shouldn't worry about that kind of things. No one's going to judge for that matter. NO ONE can have an anime-like body unless they have FAKE breasts and I dont see how that would even be comfortable. Don't stress on that subject. Be happy with your body and screw the haters; you're cosplaying and enjoying your time, its all you really need , right?
Haha, thanks. I totally agree with that. A lot of anime chicks are totally disproportional. I just wish some people weren't so judgemental about boobies. D:
Lili - Tekken 6
Alisa - Tekken 6 *new!*
Gumi (Camellia Version) - Vocaloid *new!*
Valentine - Skullgirls *new!*
Adiane - Gurren Lagann *new!*

Possible 2013 Conventions
Swampcon | Momocon | Freecon | Animazement | Otakon (maybe) |Anime Weekend Atlanta
korokuXneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2010, 04:31 AM   #11
RyuichiTora

There will probably be people that comment on it negatively, but in my opinion, just do what you want! Cosplay is about having fun so if you really want to be Yoko, by golly, be Yoko!
RyuichiTora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2010, 11:19 AM   #12
Estarose

It's fine! Yoko's body is so totally unrealistic anyways. If you do want to make them appear larger you could wear extra padding or a nice push up bikini/bra. I have one that works wonders on small breasts ^-^;; Makes something out of nothing xD
Estarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2010, 06:26 PM   #13
Shigatsu
sewing maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamii View Post
A small breasted Yoko is not a Yoko at all.
I think you are totally wrong and putting down a lot of people, because no one has as big boobs as yokos without implants, or being a bit puggy around the waste. Only like 1 out of 1000 would be lucky to have a yoko body, or close to it. Yoko has a rocken' body but she is an anime character non the less. As long as you are fairly in shape you are all good! and looking at your cosplays you look fine :3
dont worrie about it, just add a little padding :] if you dont want any padding then no need, but make sure the top fits fairly well. and dont make the shorts too big, longist just under your butt. longer then that they look funny.
I dont have large brest, but was gifted with a small ribcage and small waste, soo kinda makes me look more yoko like xD! I some times wish I had bigger boobs , but I hear from so many people that small ( about B 24 ) is the best way to be. So good luck with your cosplay, and cosplay is about having fun and being happy and cofterable in what ever you are waring.
Shigatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 02:02 AM   #14
theeribird
Post Otakon Syndrome

*Ahem* so secret time... lol. Yes I feel a bit on the smaller side as well but I love my Yoko costume. Anyway... *whispers* I am a C cup but just to give me a little umph I bought a pair of silicone adhesive bikini doo-dads off of ebay. This is what I ended up buying...

http://cgi.ebay.com/STICK-Silicone-B...item5adacf0deb

I really feel like they filled me out a bit more and I was worried that people would call me a flat chested yoko especially since I opted to make the bikini cover more area. My bikini actually doesn't show much of my boobs at all now that I think about it ^^;. But you know what, I love my costume and if anyone thinks my chest isn't big enough for the costume, F them, they're girlie bits/manly bits probably arn't perfect either. I still think I look great in the costume anyway! You should feel the same. Opt for bikini enhancers if YOU want to look bigger in the costume and if it makes YOU feel comfortable.
theeribird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 05:01 PM   #15
AniDragon
Sky Pirate

There was a Yoko at my local con who had smaller breasts, but she made one hot Yoko. I agree with those who say that as long as you're in shape, you can pull it off.
AniDragon is offline   Reply With Quote