Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Marvel Universe

Unread 07-09-2010, 06:59 PM   #1
jinglebooboo
cupcake lover

x men cosplay?

am i the only one who wants to do a x men cosplay
if i were to do one i would do either rogue, hope, phoenix prolly. though i love them all.

how weird though do you think it would be wearing a x-men comic cosplay to a anime convention

Unread 07-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

Go to a Comic book convention!

I actually really want to do a hope cosplay as well, or X-23. :}

But I love that Hope is Cable's daughter (even though they aren't related) and I love the XForce (since they're so dark and badass)

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 11:54 PM   #3
jinglebooboo
cupcake lover

see the only one i know of is comic con, and i dunno if i can afford that

and oh my gosh, i wasnt sure if as many people would be caught up to hope, but yay someone else likes her. i even died my hair to be close to hers.... man i losery lol least it is a normal color.
i have most been reading the x men and xmen legacy, but have been getting all the second coming issues
Unread 07-10-2010, 10:11 AM   #4
FeyMeggan

There's a whole Marvel Thread here with a lot of other people that have done/are doing X-men costumes And depending on where you are there are all sorts of comic conventions, and why not wear 'em to anime cons? There's an X-men manga now, so it's arguable LOL

Edit:
Just noticed you're in Colorado, we have Starfest/Comicfest, see, perfect for wearing comic stuff to, that's where I wore my Marvel stuff !

Sanity Check
Costume list 2009: Finished 17 initially planned :: 15 completed :: 6 moved to next year
Costume list 2010: Started 6 from '09 :: 9 initially planned, now up to 22 total
FeyMeggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2010, 11:21 PM   #5
Truest_Strike
T.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinglebooboo View Post
am i the only one who wants to do a x men cosplay
if i were to do one i would do either rogue, hope, phoenix prolly. though i love them all.

how weird though do you think it would be wearing a x-men comic cosplay to a anime convention
There is also a great deal of video game characters who show up at anime conventions. X-Men have had over a dozen games (even an anime X-Men intro, if that means anything).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWTad94mre8

Can't forget the popular Marvel VS Capcom series. So in the end, it isn't really weird at all.
Red Hood - Jason Todd
Truest_Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
jinglebooboo
cupcake lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truest_Strike View Post
There is also a great deal of video game characters who show up at anime conventions. X-Men have had over a dozen games (even an anime X-Men intro, if that means anything).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWTad94mre8

Can't forget the popular Marvel VS Capcom series. So in the end, it isn't really weird at all.
that is very true, it is lame cuz the characters i wanna do most arent really in the games. well jean grey is in ultimate alliance, but i wanna do hope mostest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeyMeggan View Post
There's a whole Marvel Thread here with a lot of other people that have done/are doing X-men costumes And depending on where you are there are all sorts of comic conventions, and why not wear 'em to anime cons? There's an X-men manga now, so it's arguable LOL

Edit:
Just noticed you're in Colorado, we have Starfest/Comicfest, see, perfect for wearing comic stuff to, that's where I wore my Marvel stuff !
oh that is so awesome, i didnt know colorado had any comic conventions! are you from colo by any chance
Unread 07-12-2010, 03:44 AM   #7
onewingedjade
Escaping Reality

I wear X-Men to anime conventions all the time. There's tons of cons that are more comic-related, but trust me, there's still plenty of Marvel love at any con.

2014 Cosplays: Chun Li - SF, Chell - Portal, Felicia - Darkstalkers
onewingedjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #8
FeyMeggan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinglebooboo View Post
oh that is so awesome, i didnt know colorado had any comic conventions! are you from colo by any chance
Yep, I'm down in the Denver area, though I used to live up north in FoCo. Colorado actually has quite a few cons, many of which have been running even longer than NDK. And if you look at the NDK forums I believe there's a marvel/DC gathering thread, it's a few pages in, but it's there, so you wouldn't be alone in breakin' it out for the Anime Con.

Sanity Check
Costume list 2009: Finished 17 initially planned :: 15 completed :: 6 moved to next year
Costume list 2010: Started 6 from '09 :: 9 initially planned, now up to 22 total
FeyMeggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2010, 12:43 PM   #9
ItalianPeach

I have 4 X-men outfits. 2 Emma Frost outfits, a Rogue outfit, and Polaris. In the next few months I have Another 2 Rogue outfits planned, and Hope. I wore an X-Men outfit to Anime Boston, which is basically all anime, and it was a HUGE success. People know X-Men, or at least think the outfits are pretty.

Dragon*Con: Tinkerbell (Peter Pan), Cordelia Chase (Angel), Jessica Moore (Supernatural), Red Playboy Bunny, Belle (OuaT), Crystalia Amaquelin Maximoff (The Inhumans), Abigail Brand (X-Men)

NYCC: Kitana (Mortal Kombat 9), Scarlett (GI Jo), TBA

Super Mega Fest: Princess Python (Serpant Society), TBA
ItalianPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2010, 10:29 PM   #10
saiyamanmasenko
yaFWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianPeach View Post
I have 4 X-men outfits. 2 Emma Frost outfits, a Rogue outfit, and Polaris. In the next few months I have Another 2 Rogue outfits planned, and Hope. I wore an X-Men outfit to Anime Boston, which is basically all anime, and it was a HUGE success. People know X-Men, or at least think the outfits are pretty.
OMG, I would give Polaris love at ANY con.

Comics and anime/manga go together very well. In fact I am organizing a Marvel group (mostly X-men at this point) for the local anime con here in Tulsa for next year. So far I have myself as Longshot and a confirmed Dazzler, Jubilee, Jean Grey and possible Cyclops or Wolverine (with several others unsure who they wanna make). If anybody is close enough to Tulsa, OK in July of 2011 you are welcome to join us.

And besides, how many times have you seen Jedi, Stormtroopers, Starfleet Officers, Doctor Who, etc. etc. at anime cons? Comics are no different.
saiyamanmasenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2010, 05:19 PM   #11
Ananthema

I am currently planning an early 90's Cable Cosplay for 2011.

Completed Cosplays : Purifier (X-Men), Hellboy, Lobo
Future Cosplays : Cable (5%), Dogwelder (5%)
Ananthema is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2010, 09:08 AM   #12
ChibiInuTsuzuki
Slytherin for life

I finished my Rogue cosplay for NY Comiccon but never got to wear it. Id love to find a use for it at some point soon. Don't really know of many comic book events in NJ i could wear it to.
Blue Rose - Tiger & Bunny
Armin Arlert - Attack on Titan
Rikku - Final Fantasy X
ChibiInuTsuzuki is offline   Reply With Quote