Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop > Vocaloid

Unread 07-10-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
xClockwork
Roar Out Louder!!

Unhappy Help With Miku Hatsune Cosplay!

Hi everyone! ^^ I'm going to be cosplaying Miku Hatsune from Vocaloid for an upcoming con in October. I'm going to be cosplaying in the dress from Magnet. I know it's fairly simple, what with the black dress and the white bow, but I was wondering... where would I get the lace? I've looked at a few different stores and I cant find lace in bulk. Also, how should I add it to the dress? :s the only thing I can think of is glue, because wouldn't stitches show through?

Sorry if I sound like a newbie, I really am one ^^; Thank you in advance for any advice! (:

Unread 07-10-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
MikuChu
perfect with cookies

reference pictures?
MikuChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
ScarletRedWings

Quote:
Originally Posted by xClockwork View Post
Hi everyone! ^^ I'm going to be cosplaying Miku Hatsune from Vocaloid for an upcoming con in October. I'm going to be cosplaying in the dress from Magnet. I know it's fairly simple, what with the black dress and the white bow, but I was wondering... where would I get the lace? I've looked at a few different stores and I cant find lace in bulk. Also, how should I add it to the dress? :s the only thing I can think of is glue, because wouldn't stitches show through?

Sorry if I sound like a newbie, I really am one ^^; Thank you in advance for any advice! (:
I got the lace for my dress at a fabric store called JoAnn Fabrics. It was like on a mini bolt, and it was cut like fabric.

As for attaching it, I posted a thread about it a little while ago, so I have the answer (not from me, I forgot who posted it) :

"Well, it's attached to the waistband of the dress if I'm seeing correctly. Take your waistband material (white, in this case) and your black lace. Cut out your waistband pattern piece (I assume you're using one...) make sure you have seam allowances for both. Baste the edges (loose hand or machine stitch meant to be taken out later....leave the thread tails nice and long). I usually do this in a contrasting color so I can find them quickly again and don't try to pull out the wrong threads. Sew normally to the bodice and skirt sections, then go back and remove the basting."

Hope it helps. (:
ScarletRedWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 03:19 AM   #4
xClockwork
Roar Out Louder!!

Thank you, that does help!!
Unread 07-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #5
ScarletRedWings

You're welcome. (:
ScarletRedWings is offline   Reply With Quote